Ray A: A Mormon 'John'?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Ray A: A Mormon 'John'?

Post by _Mister Scratch »

I have just received a rather strange tidbit from one of my informants. This one, in contrast to the landslide of ones I've gotten on Skains, has to do with Ray A. As many here are well aware, Ray seems to have a somewhat unusual antipathy towards women, and in particular towards Beastie, whom he hates with a white-hot passion. Why might this be, you may wonder? Freud once posited that all men harbor a "Madonna-Whore" complex, in which they desire to simultaneously worship and defile their love-objects. While this was meant to be mainly theoretical in nature, it turns out that, in Ray's case, this was a literal reality:

Ray Ago wrote:My ideal woman is difficult to describe, but I think I will know what I want when I see/ hear her.

I don't want a prude, yet I don't want a swinger. I want intelligence, but not a smart ass. I like kindness and sensitivity, but I like bluntness, openness, and something about outrageous women attracts me. I confess, I once lived with a heroin addicted prostitute who was shooting up three times a day, and had this enormous attraction for her (well she was 22 and pretty), and I couldn't explain it. She's the closest I came to a soulmate. But circumstances, and her addiction, stopped all that.
(emphasis added)

Well, now, this is quite interesting! Who knew that, in addition to his violent outbursts, he was also hooking up with a prostitute!

The ZLMB thread in question can be read in its entirety here:

http://p094.ezboard.com/fpacumenispages ... =1&stop=20

Another interesting elaboration from the same post:

Ray A wrote:So I wonder if I'll ever find "the One", or is that just another urban myth? I think I'm too picky, and like my freedom. Relationships get too complicated. The romance and everything is nice, but then you gotta get kicked off your bed occasionally.

Very hard to pinpoint exactly what I want. Not a submissive little miss darling who does everything you ask/tell her, but will occasionally tell you to bugger off, and knows what she wants from life. I have a female friend now who has the attitude that if any male rips her off or treats her badly she'll "rip his bloody arms off" (Aussie saying). Why do I find that so attractive? (psychologist alert!)

Hmmmm. I suppose what we have here is yet another instance of Ray's endless flip-flopping. He claimed to find this type of woman "attractive," and yet doesn't this seem to be a spot-on description of Beastie? How very, very peculiar indeed!
Last edited by Physics Guy on Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
_Trevor
_Emeritus

Post by _Trevor »

Meh.
“I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Actually, Scratch, there's a very sad postscript to this girl, who is now 27. She lost a front tooth (the result of too much heroin), and looks very unkempt, far from the attractive girl she was at 21-22. I last saw her about a year ago (no, not in that way), and she asked me if I could sponsor her $5,000 to fix her teeth up, but unfortunately I could not afford that. I still consider her a good friend. Beyond looks we had an excellent rapport, and enjoyed each other's company, and agreed we were probably "soulmates", but her lifestyle was out of control.

Do you have something against prostitutes? I'm not sure where you're going with these boring psychoanalyses, but certainly Shades should consider putting this in Off-Topic. I don't mind answering any of your psychoanalytical probing there. If not, then I'll do it here.

(I have no "online fantasies" for women of any kind and don't visit message boards for the purpose of meeting women; not the least interested. Only the "real deal" is good enough, because what you see, is what you get.)

I have several female friends who are prostitutes (I prefer to call them sex-workers), and, perhaps unlike you, I am not at all ashamed of my association with them.

Do you think I should be?
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

I may be wrong, but my impression is that scratch's primary point wasn't that you should be ashamed of having been with a drug addicted prostitute, but rather that you seem inconsistent in your position about what you admire in women. Of course I'm not seeking your admiration in anyway, but it does seem odd that you declare you admire a woman who will rip your arm off if she deems it necessary, but when I did just that with you I became Public Enemy Number 1 (in fact, according to your statements on postmormon, one of the most aggressive anti-mormons ever, or some such).

At least that's what I get out of it. Of course, sometimes what we imagine we admire in other people doesn't translate into reality too well.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

Scratch

Informants??? I am starting to think you may be one sick dude.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Ray A wrote:Actually, Scratch, there's a very sad postscript to this girl, who is now 27. She lost a front tooth (the result of too much heroin), and looks very unkempt, far from the attractive girl she was at 21-22. I last saw her about a year ago (no, not in that way), and she asked me if I could sponsor her $5,000 to fix her teeth up, but unfortunately I could not afford that. I still consider her a good friend. Beyond looks we had an excellent rapport, and enjoyed each other's company, and agreed we were probably "soulmates", but her lifestyle was out of control.

But, of course---hypocritically---you prob. would have helped her if she was still good-looking, and shooting up, or whatever else it was that you found appealing in her. Tell me, Ray: how much younger is this girl than you?

Do you have something against prostitutes?

Do you? Does DCP? Further, do any of DCP's female fans have an issue with this?

I'm not sure where you're going with these boring psychoanalyses, but certainly Shades should consider putting this in Off-Topic. I don't mind answering any of your psychoanalytical probing there. If not, then I'll do it here.

No, I believe that this should stay here, and this is why:
---Subjects pertaining to sex almost always connect with Mormonism in some way
---You are one of the "power players," as it were, in online Mormonism, so discussion of you is somewhat of a bellwether as to the status of Mopologetics. (This is especially so since you seem to be an unwitting pawn in DCP's headgames---i.e., your very existence is reassuring to him, as it makes him think that his Mopologetic efforts have a practical impact.)
---You have, for some months now, been posturing as this kind of all-knowing "Gandhi" figure who is going to trailblaze the path to exmo/TBM peace. But do you set a good example?

(I have no "online fantasies" for women of any kind and don't visit message boards for the purpose of meeting women; not the least interested. Only the "real deal" is good enough, because what you see, is what you get.)

I have several female friends who are prostitutes (I prefer to call them sex-workers), and, perhaps unlike you, I am not at all ashamed of my association with them.

Do you think I should be?

I don't know Ray, but I do not a very real strain of anxious defensiveness in your reply. There was no real criticism in my OP, and yet here you are, right on the cusp of flipping out. What is it you feel the need to defend? These sex workers, or the fact that you had "relations" with them? I bet you see yourself as some kind of "hero" or "savior" to these ladies, which only provides additional evidence as to your hypocrisy, and shows, more than ever, why you cannot be trusted as an "interlocutor" for exmo/TBM relations. I mean, can you imagine the likes of charity warming up to someone who was banging a drug-addled girl like you were?
Last edited by Physics Guy on Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

beastie wrote:I may be wrong, but my impression is that scratch's primary point wasn't that you should be ashamed of having been with a drug addicted prostitute, but rather that you seem inconsistent in your position about what you admire in women. Of course I'm not seeking your admiration in anyway, but it does seem odd that you declare you admire a woman who will rip your arm off if she deems it necessary, but when I did just that with you I became Public Enemy Number 1 (in fact, according to your statements on postmormon, one of the most aggressive anti-mormons ever, or some such).

At least that's what I get out of it. Of course, sometimes what we imagine we admire in other people doesn't translate into reality too well.

Subservient, humble "yes-women" don't appeal to me. Emma Smith strikes me as someone who was not like this. No doubt Scratch will be doing more psychoanlysis, and that's the purpose of this thread. He will have some Freudian theory up his sleeve. He spends an extraordinary amount of time researching my past posts, or getting his informants to do so, and the only reason I can think why this is so is because he sees some inconsistency in a "defender of Mormonism" being a "pimp daddy". If only I had the money to be such! But his thread, and the expression "pimp daddy", seems to convey scorn, and a wish to invite scorn. So once again, I repeat that I am not at all ashamed of my friends - male or female - whether they are apologists of Mormonism, or street hookers.

If this is going to be "psycho" time, I really think it should be in Off-Topic. But I'll leave that decision to Shades.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Jason Bourne wrote:Scratch

Informants???

<sigh> Yes, Jason, informants. Many people have PMed me leads or tips which they'd like me to comment upon. This is old news, my friend.

I am starting to think you may be one sick dude.

Well, given your whacked-out and antiquated notions pertaining to gender roles (what do you think of Ray A's apparent prostitute addiction, by the way?), I guess I will take that as a compliment.
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Ray A wrote:
beastie wrote:I may be wrong, but my impression is that scratch's primary point wasn't that you should be ashamed of having been with a drug addicted prostitute, but rather that you seem inconsistent in your position about what you admire in women. Of course I'm not seeking your admiration in anyway, but it does seem odd that you declare you admire a woman who will rip your arm off if she deems it necessary, but when I did just that with you I became Public Enemy Number 1 (in fact, according to your statements on postmormon, one of the most aggressive anti-mormons ever, or some such).

Subservient, humble "yes-women" don't appeal to me.

And yet you utterly despise the opposite.

the only reason I can think why this is so is because he sees some inconsistency in a "defender of Mormonism" being a "pimp daddy".

Well done, Ray. In fact, I invite you to head on over to MAD in order to wax poetic about your "sessions" with these various sex workers. I'm sure Calmoriah, juliann, and the rest of the crew will be slapping you heartily on the back.

You see, Ray, you want, quite desperately, to have credibility. You crave it. And yet, you cannot have it. No TBM, save DCP, is ever going to listen to you, or see you as anything but a tool. And no clear-thinking critic or exmo is going to buy into your crap because of your stunning hypocrisy.

If only I had the money to be such! But his thread, and the expression "pimp daddy", seems to convey scorn, and a wish to invite scorn.

Why does it seem that way to you, Ray? Are you ashamed? Would you feel ashamed discussing this stuff amongst the TBMs at MAD? Would you be ashamed to get up and bear your testimony about this? Who do you think---among exmos or TBMs---the principal strain of "scorn" would come from?

If this is going to be "psycho" time, I really think it should be in Off-Topic. But I'll leave that decision to Shades.

I'm sure you'd love for that to happen, Ray, and it's become apparent to me that you are now crapping your drawers in fear/shame. You probably are crossing your fingers that DCP, or some other MADite doesn't see this. Maybe you aren't ashamed, but I am willing to bet that you don't want certain people to know about your "predilections."

Edited to add: It really needs to be pointed out that you "admitted" to this during your rancorous exmo phase on Z. Now that you have "flip-flopped" back over to the position of LDS defender, you are now practically begging Dr. Shades to hide this thread in the Off-Topic Forum.
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

<sigh> Yes, Jason, informants. Many people have PMed me leads or tips which they'd like me to comment upon. This is old news, my friend.

Why do you need informants? Why do you need to post threads that smear others? what is your goal, purpose, etc? Most your posts and threads are about other people and you SPIN things to make them look really bad. Personal destruction seems to be your goal.

Well, given your whacked-out and antiquated notions pertaining to gender roles

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I think my view of gender roles is fairly contemporary. Ask TD or Harmony or some of the other women here that I have interacted on this issue with. Ask my working spouse and my daughters who I have encouraged in all their worthy pursuits. Am I now going to be a target of your spinning since I am pointing out the bad behavior you seem to be obsessed with?

(what do you think of Ray A's apparent prostitute addiction, by the way?),

I have no desire to opine about what Ray may or may not have said about this nor to do arm chair phsyco-analysis on him. I prefer to discuss issues, controversies and so on, not people that post here.

I guess I will take that as a compliment

I used to think you were pretty bright. I am disappointed in you and your insistent attacks and personal destruction threads. Take it how you want. It was not a compliment.