Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:55 am
Hmmm...reporting in. 5 hours out. I must say I am feeling a bit tired. Like feeling slowed down? Fading? I can't tell if it's because I didn't sleep enough last night (which I didn't and almost never do) or if it's the vax. I think it's the vax. I never feel like this early in the evening. Other than that...so far so good. Only posting this in case I go down for the count.

I shall rise! I know I will!
:lol:

p.s. I'm online shopping. Will I remember what I bought? :lol:
I lived. Don't know why I was so tired last night but there it is. Took Tylenol two times total just for general purposes. No fevers, chills, nothing. I can tell that I had a shot by a small ache on the muscle. It's nothing!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:56 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:52 pm
New rules announced in Washington. I'll be eligible 3/31. Yay!!
If you were in North Carolina you would be currently eligible if you had smoked 100 of the State snack.
You know what somewhere in my online life I read statistics that show smokers are noticeably underrepresented in the number of cases. Go figure, right?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:29 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:55 am
Hmmm...reporting in. 5 hours out. I must say I am feeling a bit tired. Like feeling slowed down? Fading? I can't tell if it's because I didn't sleep enough last night (which I didn't and almost never do) or if it's the vax. I think it's the vax. I never feel like this early in the evening. Other than that...so far so good. Only posting this in case I go down for the count.

I shall rise! I know I will!
:lol:

p.s. I'm online shopping. Will I remember what I bought? :lol:
I lived. Don't know why I was so tired last night but there it is. Took Tylenol two times total just for general purposes. No fevers, chills, nothing. I can tell that I had a shot by a small ache on the muscle. It's nothing!
Congrats!!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:32 pm
You know what somewhere in my online life I read statistics that show smokers are noticeably underrepresented in the number of cases. Go figure, right?
Makes you wonder whether if smoking confers some immunity or if smokers are accorded some extra safety distance.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Got my second Pfizer shot today. Did a moderate bike ride, came home and drank a recovery drink (Endurox). I had a mild headache this afternoon, other than that, nothing. No soreness at the vaccination site. Treated myself to a salmon bowl tonight.

Most people say that the second or third days are the worst. We'll see...

Waiting in the recovery area, I remembered how emotional I felt after getting my first dose, gratitude for my own health and sorrow for all who had died. Today felt anti-climactic, like getting your diploma in the mail after graduating. Still double-masking, doing take-out but not indoor or outdoor dining.

Keeping an eye on all of the new variants, so it may not be the beginning of the end, but at least we can see the beginning of the end as a possibility.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

I recently got my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:05 am
Got my second Pfizer shot today. Did a moderate bike ride, came home and drank a recovery drink (Endurox). I had a mild headache this afternoon, other than that, nothing. No soreness at the vaccination site. Treated myself to a salmon bowl tonight.

Most people say that the second or third days are the worst. We'll see...

Waiting in the recovery area, I remembered how emotional I felt after getting my first dose, gratitude for my own health and sorrow for all who had died. Today felt anti-climactic, like getting your diploma in the mail after graduating. Still double-masking, doing take-out but not indoor or outdoor dining.

Keeping an eye on all of the new variants, so it may not be the beginning of the end, but at least we can see the beginning of the end as a possibility.
This is great news! We had no problems after Pfizer 2nd dose. Wishing the same for you! I think with regard to the variants, I heard Fauci say that if need be, they can tweak the mRNA vaccines to handle the variants but I don't know how many times they can do that or if they can plug in multiple variants at once.

We just need to keep an eye on things as you say.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Brack wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:22 pm
Fabulous! How'd you do re: side effects, Bracki?

We've only had 3 relatives back East get the second dose of Moderna and only one had side effects. I do tend to think that one person was embellishing.

We have 2 more up for the second dose of Moderna here. Will report about that when they get it.

We have 2 holdouts in the family around here. I am hoping they will change their minds but I already decided that I'm not going to be the one trying to do the convincing. I learned years ago that I am not the only voice in the world so I'm not saying anything more about it to them. It makes for some modifying conversations with the young one here..."It's important for old folks like me and (JB) to get vaccinated." :-)

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Just want to rant about something I see every single day on Facebook. When our health department here posts at least twice a day, something about the vaccines, there are two (presumably) men who jump on every single post with at least 3 garbage cites about how the vaccine is dangerous, violates our civil rights or some crap like that.

It's like they sit on the computer all day long just waiting for the health department to post a new thing and compulsively have to pounce on it like it's their freaking job. I wonder what the world would be like if these kinds of people were to obsessively seek out reputable scientific information on the vaccines and their development? :shock:

Nah, it's easier to let someone else do their "thinking" for them and post that crap like it makes them look smart or something. :roll:

If they weren't locals I'd take them on in a NY minute but you know--->crackpots with possible access to me on the ground.

Slava Ukraini!
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:52 pm
Brack wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:22 pm
Fabulous! How'd you do re: side effects, Bracki?

I have been having a bit of a sore arm and shoulder along with a mild headache. Other than that, I am doing pretty good.