Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:28 pm
I haven't had time to read this yet since I'm posting on the fly over here. Anyway...I think it's noteworthy in terms of pandemic milestones.

All 50 states now have expanded or will expand Covid vaccine eligibility to everyone 16 and up
By Jacqueline Howard, CNN

Updated 4:27 PM ET, Tue March 30, 2021

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/30/health/s ... index.html
Different dates for different states. In Washington, it's May 1.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I went when it was still for old people. I was very impressed by how courteous and helpful all the workers were in the Salt Palace. Big thumbs up to that crew.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

May I join the 'show and tell' session in our virtual Day Centre by noting that I have just had my first dose of Pfizer? I already had an appointment, but my doctor had put me on the waiting list for any earlier slots that came free, and I got a phone call two hours ago.

They kept me there for 15 minutes to make sure I did not drop dead from anaphylactic shock, but since the injection was only a bit over an hour ago it is perhaps too early to expect to be able to report any exciting consequences, if any are going to occur. Of course if I never post here again, you may speculate freely ...
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Chap wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:09 pm
May I join the 'show and tell' session in our virtual Day Centre by noting that I have just had my first dose of Pfizer? I already had an appointment, but my doctor had put me on the waiting list for any earlier slots that came free, and I got a phone call two hours ago.

They kept me there for 15 minutes to make sure I did not drop dead from anaphylactic shock, but since the injection was only a bit over an hour ago it is perhaps too early to expect to be able to report any exciting consequences, if any are going to occur. Of course if I never post here again, you may speculate freely ...
Congrats!
he/him

Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

My wife got her first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. She’s really lethargic today, but she also just flew back from Florida on Monday, so it could just be jet lag. No soreness at the injection site, or surrounding area.

I have my appointment for #1 scheduled for Friday evening. I am a bit nervous because the flu vaccine usually puts me out of commission for at least a day (and hurts like the dickens), but I am also super excited.

Nevada has a kind of wanky rollout, as it is county specific (and then, site specific). Right now, there is only one location in Clark County (Las Vegas) that is giving the vaccine to the general public, and it is limited to 18 years or older.

All other locations are either 16+ with underlying health condition, 65+, or tier 1 frontline workers.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Got on my health care providers waiting list today. I could spend a few hours looking at the various mass vaccination sites or pharmacies, but I think I'm good.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:41 pm
Got on my health care providers waiting list today. I could spend a few hours looking at the various mass vaccination sites or pharmacies, but I think I'm good.
ETA: Washington just moved its wide open date from May 1 to April 15. Yippee!
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:38 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:41 pm
ETA: Washington just moved its wide open date from May 1 to April 15. Yippee!

image upload
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

It is now about 18 hours since my first Pfizer injection.

No notable symptoms apart from a mild ache at the injection site, where there is neither swelling nor redness, nor indeed any visible evidence that skin penetration has recently taken place.

I did my morning workout without problems of any kind.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

I received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. It was a drive through hub that was very quick and efficient, the longest wait I had was the 30 minutes they held me after for observation (I've had issues with some medications in the past so my hold time was longer). The entire ordeal took about 35 minutes.

My only side effect has been some serious soreness at the injection site. Even though I had it done on the side I don't normally sleep on it still managed to wake me up a few times during the night. I was honestly expecting to feel worse as I've heard those that already had COVID often experience more side effects due to your body already recognizing the virus strain and being ready to fight back.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon