Will Biden lock up more black people?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Will Biden lock up more black people?

Post by ajax18 »

If the Biden administration is serious about cracking down on the supposed rise in anti-Asian American violence and bias, it's going to have to take a break from all that racial "equity" it's been hyping. And it's going to have to prepare itself to lock up a lot of black people (and maybe a few Hispanics).

The White House on Tuesday announced "additional actions" that President Joe Biden would direct to "respond to Anti-Asian violence, xenophobia and bias."

If you haven't heard, there's some evidence of rashes of anti-Asian sentiment breaking out across the country. Well, mostly in New York and parts of California, where those rashes have existed for decades, but we're told by some advocacy groups and some local police departments that it's gotten worse.

The New York Times reported that part of Biden's initiative will be "prioritizing prosecution of those who commit hate crimes" against people of Asian descent.

I guess that's a good thing, but what happens when prioritizing the prosecution of anti-Asian hate crimes disproportionately affects the black community?

It will. Anyone tracking the sporadic incidents of violence against people of Asian descent lately will have noticed a pattern. The attackers are almost exclusively black men.

The gruesome beating and choking of an Asian man until he was unconscious on a New York subway this week? Black perpetrator.

The shocking video this week of an elderly Asian woman kicked to the ground and repeatedly stomped on as she headed to church? Black perpetrator.

The man arrested last week in Seattle and accused of yelling, "F--- you, you Asian b----" at a woman? Black.

The man who brutally beat an Asian man earlier this month on the New York subway while shouting, "You Asian motherf-----"? White supremacist. Just kidding. Another black man.

Vicha Ratanapakdee, an 84-year-old San Francisco man of Thai descent, was on his routine morning walk in late January when a man in a hoodie charged in his direction and shoved him to the ground. Ratanapakdee was hospitalized and died two days later. Police identified and charged 19-year-old Antoine Watson for the crime. Watson, who pleaded not guilty, is black.

Another clip from late January showed the assault of a 91-year-old man in the Chinatown section of Oakland, California. A man walked up behind him in a hoodie and used both arms to push the unsuspecting victim to the ground before the assailant walked away. Police identified 28-year-old Yahya Muslim as the perpetrator and linked him to similar attacks of two other elderly people from the same day. Muslim is black.

Denny Kim, 27, of Los Angeles, was randomly attacked last month by two men who he said ambushed him in the street. While beating him up and leaving him with a black eye, the men called him "Chinese virus" and said, "all f---ing Asians gotta die." Police described the suspects as Hispanic.

Also last month, an Asian man in New York was taken to the hospital in critical condition after being stabbed in the back with a butcher knife. The perpetrator later turned himself into the police. I could only find a photo of him with a face mask, making it difficult to discern his race. I do know that his name is Salman Muflihi, probably not the sort of name you would expect an angry white man to have.

True, there was the recent violent rampage in Atlanta wherein a young white man killed Asians and a couple of white people at some Asian-run spas, which he said he did because of some weird sex addiction. Lightning strikes every now and then.

But as we've seen, this isn't a matter of white supremacy. It's very much not that.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/joe-b ... d=msedgntp
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: Will Biden lock up more black people?

Post by MeDotOrg »

Racism is color blind. Fear of the foreigner, fear of the other. It DOES infect people of all races. I think in some ways that AAPIs are the Irish immigrants of the 21st Century, for the way they are seen as taking American jobs. Add to that the differences in language and culture, and they can become a group to scapegoat. When the subject is AAPIs, I think there are racists in the African American community. I've observed it first hand.

To think that only whites are capable of racism would be racist.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:12 am
Racism is color blind. Fear of the foreigner, fear of the other. It DOES infect people of all races.
Yup.

If I recall correctly, one of the groups opposing Chinese immigration in 19th century America was organised black labour, who feared losing their already low-paid jobs to people prepared to accept even worse conditions.

Their line of argument included the points that:

(a) We have been here as long as anybody else (apart from the Indians), they are un-American strangers.
(b) We are Christians, not a bunch of idol-worshipping opium-smoking heathens.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

But what the left now wants is not equality but what they call equity. This means that any time more blacks commit more crimes or make less money on paper per year, this is evidence of systemic racism and must ultimately be the fault of white supremacy. It can never be due to individual choices of black people.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The idea that in order for Black folks to do the right things, Whites must first set the table so to speak, is in of itself racist. It's laughably absurd to think that a man on parole for killing his mother and then curb stomping an Asian lady nearly to death is somehow reacting to years of White systemic racism. That removes his agency, removes from him his ability to distinguish between right and wrong, and inexcusably infantalizes him. If I were a Black person I'd be disgusted with White people pushing that narrative.

Whatever the case may be, Ajax18 is a secessionist piece of crap who supported the insurrection and wants a race war so he can live in bum “F” wherever with Whites and compliant minorities who bend the knee to his White 'civnat' utopia. He literally wants to see the US divided up a la The Foundations of Geopolitics.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The attacks on Asians must end.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

I've never heard anybody seriously argue that blacks should receive a pass from the judicial system because they are black. All I've heard them say is that blacks should be treated the same as anybody else.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Analytics wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:37 pm
I've never heard anybody seriously argue that blacks should receive a pass from the judicial system because they are black. All I've heard them say is that blacks should be treated the same as anybody else.
Same here.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Did either of you read Eugene Gu's tweet? Do you not think he was serious?
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

I read the tweet and presume he is serious. He was not arguing that blacks should receive a pass from the judicial system because they are black.