The main reason I am here is because...! What about you

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
kairos
CTR B

The main reason I am here is because...! What about you

Post by kairos »

The main or primary reason I am on this message board is because I am a nevermo with a TBM (-) spouse and 4 TBM very adult children and I use the board discussions to find "light of truth" about Mormonism that I can gently discuss issues that hopefully in time (it's been 20 years) one or more of my family will discover the light of truth and find their way out of the church and bring all others and their own famiies out of this very damaging psychologically cult!

What about you ?

thanx
k
Fence Sitter
High Priest

Re: The main reason I am here is because...! What about you

Post by Fence Sitter »

I am here because my ancestors didn't have access to the internet to verify the missionaries' claims.
:lol:
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

I am here because after growing up fully indoctrinated by the Mormon church, I stumbled upon a forum where there seemed to be some kindred and welcoming spirits. I appreciate the comraderie, the shared backgrounds, the thoughtfulness, and the BRAINS of my fellow posters.
Last edited by Lem on Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

I'm here usually because I have time on my hands.

Although I'm still an official member, I don't believe any of the claims of the church. However, I still have family members who are, in varying degrees, active and/or believing.

I enjoy reading posts by (almost) everyone - they make me think, and I hope that keeping my brain active will ward off some of the effects of aging.

In the past I posted/commented more, but recently, in spite of having more time, I have less inclination.

(That reminds me - they are going to put a clock on the Leaning Tower of Pisa! After all, what good is the inclination if you haven't got the time)
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

I'm here because I don't know why I'm here. I'm just here doing my thing.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I wandered onto this board back in 2006 in response to an email mentioning it as a refuge for those who were booted from the MAD board.

My booting was for suggesting to Dr. Peterson that perhaps Mitt Romney had seen his dad marching with Dr. Martin Luther King with his spiritual eyes. The moderators of the yet-to-be-translated MAD board viewed Dr. Peterson with much reverence and could not stand somebody from the crowd joking with him. Something to do with sacred LOLcows.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

I'm here because a number of years ago, filled with hubris, I marched onto this board thinking I could take on the collective brain trust as a defender. After a while I disappeared into my own faith collapse, only to return to add my name to the list of the former (wannabe) apologists who had left the LDS church. Now, I'm just here so I don't get fined.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The Stig wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:28 am
Now, I'm just here so I don't get fined.
Lol.

I'm here because this place has, no crap, some of the best long-form discussions I've seen on the Internet despite my best efforts to turn them into Terrence and Phillip derails.

Speaking of which. I really wish Dr. Stak would do a Lolcow Part Deux. Oh. And I wish DarthJ would occassionally pop in with some Book of Mormon-in-Italy-esque posts. Good Lord that was some good crap.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I'm here mainly to laugh with everyone else at Dr. Peterson's antics.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_K8prLfso

But, seriously ... there’s a lot to be learned from the crowd here.