Please help former Trump aides find work! They are hurting now!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Please help former Trump aides find work! They are hurting now!

Post by Chap »

This is really sad news. Please send all you can, including gifts of clean cast-off clothing.

Trump ‘brand’ ain’t helping his top people line up jobs now…..

[From an original article in the Washington post]
Before she joined the Trump administration as transportation secretary, Elaine Chao earned millions of dollars over the past decade by serving on the boards of big public companies such as Dole Foods, Protective Life and Wells Fargo, according to corporate filings.

She offered sterling credentials to businesses eager to keep current with the Republican leadership: A former banking executive, she became the first Asian American woman to serve in a Cabinet when President George W. Bush tapped her to serve as labor secretary. She has been a regular at conservative think tanks including the Heritage Foundation and the Hudson Institute. Her husband is Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

But now Chao is encountering a fraught reentry into the private sector….

While the small numbers make comparisons difficult, corporations don’t seem to have an immediate interest in other top Trump administration alums either. Roughly half of the S&P 500 companies have filed their 2021 investor disclosure reports, listing a total of 108 new or prospective board members, according to data from Insightia, which provides information to shareholders. No Trump Cabinet officials who served in the final quarter of his term are among those nominated….

Headhunters and other corporate advisers say the calculus for executives at most large, publicly traded companies is simple. Trump — the only president to be impeached twice, the second time on a charge he incited the mob that assaulted the Capitol in an attempt to overturn the presidential election results — left office with a majority of Americans strongly disapproving of his job performance. He remains a lightning rod for controversy and faces ongoing legal exposure from civil lawsuits and criminal investigations. Offering a board seat to anyone in his inner orbit risks inviting a revolt from customers, employees or shareholders.

“Boards don’t need trouble or criticism,” one headhunter said. “If you want to stay away from all that potential tarnish, that’s easy: You just don’t go near it.”…
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Please help former Trump aides find work! They are hurting now!

Post by Res Ipsa »

I think I can spare some socks for Mitch McConnell's wife....
Last edited by Res Ipsa on Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Can we say Chao down?
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Would Stephen Miller have a shot at being the star attraction at the Saint Louis Zoo Reptile House?
I think I can spare some socks for Mitch McConnell's wife...
Save them for Dr. Steuss's annual charitable sock drive.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

They cite Trump's reputation as the issue, but you have to think that at least some of them are concerned about these people's lack of integrity and honesty.

I won't deal with a Trump fan, let alone someone who actually worked for him. I wouldn't hire anyone who doesn't know Trump's a moron either.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.