Trump poised for a Coup?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Trump poised for a Coup?

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:40 pm
I don't think you've mentioned dyslexia before. I'd be interested to hear your thinking on that.
Dyslexia is just the easy pick.

I've been observing this guy for 4 years now. Say what you will, but I am confident in my observational skills. I look at multiple behavioral cues at once and in real time, spoken and unspoken, cues, right on down to facial expressions and voice tones. Keep in mind that I have decades of experience interpreting behaviors of human beings who have little language capability, and tracking their growth and development in all domains. I also factor in what I know to be true regarding environmental factors. I'll get to those. In the old days before we had video cameras and permission to use them for observation, we had to become a kind of video camera ourselves, visually and manually (writing) recording our observations in real time.

One kind of written observation (there are three we typically use) is useful in doing that. It's called a running record. We are literally writing down everything a human does and says as it is happening.

Something is going on with both his literacy skills and his ability to attend. It could be something like dyslexia, he could have an attention deficit, he could have vision problems. My guess is that he has a learning deficit that was never diagnosed in childhood and why? Because no one was diagnosed with disorders back in the day unless they were "retarded". Trump is not "retarded".

Think about what he did for a living. Did he need to write or read his own contracts or did he have hired attorneys or other staff to do that for him? I think what he needed to do primarily, is to be able to view a space of land, construct a prototype model vision in his mind, have architects draw up the plans, and then look at the blue prints. If I am right in that regard, the only skills he needed to apply or become adept at, are spatial thinking and interpreting images. Essentially, looking at illustrations. Then, you know, choosing the interior and exterior materials. "I want that to be gold." "I want the entry floor to be marble". Period, then some designer supports his vision. The ideas morph into a 3D building and voila, you get Trump Tower or whatever.

And then, of course, he screws the contractors.

None of what follows is fully provable, but some of this is definitely observable. I'll mash it all together because I'm in a rush here needing to go out. I"ll just pop this out as it comes to mind...

1. He doesn't read his briefings.

2. He prefers briefings in the form of bullet points, I believe it was up to 6 bullet points.

3. When he writes by hand, for comments/notes, it's in black sharpie, brief, and in very large letters--so he can read them.

4. When he reads off the monitors, he doesn't emphasize where a normal person would. He often misses the inflection that one would normally use for emphasis. He lacks fluency in his cognitive abilities and particularly when reading aloud. He trails off (that could be overall fatigue or fatigue from having to read off the teleprompters) and when he does, he often ad libs as if he's trying to buy time to continue reading. Granted he doesn't do these things all the time but I think he does them consistently enough to call it a pattern.

5. One example of his inability to attend and/or read the written word: Yo Semites. Is that because he was never taught conventional rules of speech, grammar, pronunciation? Or that he was taught those things and couldn't comprehend them? Did he have a vision or hearing deficit that was never detected?

6. Why did he pay someone to take his SAT exam?

Those evidences are just off the top of my head in real time here. I could probably think of more before I return to the board later.

I am not saying that Trump can't think. I am not saying that he's not intelligent because he damn sure is. His intelligences are different from most of us, he's had to learn them to make up for other things. Like the man can babble for hours at a time and hold your attention whether you like it or not, but that is where the charisma, personality development, and compensation comes in.

I am saying that he is a poor reader. He knows words. He knows the best words. He just can't read them off the page to save his own life.

We actually had a little talk about some of this at the house earlier today. We noted how he seems to not complete a thought. Example: "We're rounding the corner on this thing". Without saying HOW we are rounding the corner on the pandemic. The listener is left to wonder what the “F” is he talking about when we're spiking cases like an exponential bitch right now?!?! But I think what he meant (I posted this on this board a day or more ago) is that we're rounding the corner on account of the vaccines and therapeutics. We don't fully know what he meant because it just came off like he was blowing smoke up our butts.

Like he's blowing smoke up the Yo Semite butts and he seems to be the only one who doesn't realize he can't read the name of a well known national park off a piece of paper.

Okay, I have to go before I procrastinate myself out of it. I'll check back later to see if I have more to say or if someone else picks up this little ball of mine. Keep in mind that everything above amounts to a series of observations and interpretation of those observations. I am not dogging someone for having a possible learning deficit.

Going. Bye. Out the door dinosaur!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Thanks! Very interesting and thought provoking.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Meadowchik
Priest

Post by Meadowchik »

PS Even without any coup, it's quite possible to do considerable damage before January 20th. Trump's niece Mary spoke with Katie Couric a few days ago about her thoughts on her uncle's current status. She is a clinical psychologist.
https://youtu.be/i3IKHL3KzsE
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Donald Trump is not going to pull a coup. True, he's pouting like an immature brat and kicking his feet and holding his breath until he turns blue, but he simply does not have the capability to have a coup. Our government is stronger than to let a moron like Trump steal an election.
Meadowchik
Priest

Post by Meadowchik »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:21 pm
Donald Trump is not going to pull a coup. True, he's pouting like an immature brat and kicking his feet and holding his breath until he turns blue, but he simply does not have the capability to have a coup. Our government is stronger than to let a moron like Trump steal an election.
If his niece's opinion is accurate, he already tried. And normally I would agree that he has no chance of being inaugurated. However, alot of chaotic changes have occurred in the last four years that have weakened the checks and balances. Are Barr, Pompeo, Murphy, etc...just humouring him? Are the Pentagon personnel changes harmless to the process? I certainly hope so. I am cautiously optimistic.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Meadowchik wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:49 pm
PS Even without any coup, it's quite possible to do considerable damage before January 20th. Trump's niece Mary spoke with Katie Couric a few days ago about her thoughts on her uncle's current status. She is a clinical psychologist.
https://youtu.be/i3IKHL3KzsE
Did you listen to or read her book? I thought it was pretty darn credible. I really like hearing her commentary and insight. She provides the psych and Michael Cohen provides the business perspective. He was on one thing last night (I see these on youtube) where he reminded people about what he predicted months ago and how it's happening now. Because he knows how Trump works.

Cohen is the one forwarding the "He'll go to Mar a Lago for the holidays and never return to Washington" theory. That right there, makes all the sense in the world.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:03 pm

Thanks. I should probably go through that once more in case I left something out. I was posting on the fly. If I think of something, I'll come back and add to it.

Until then...Covfefe.

;-)

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:21 pm
He may not have the capability to pull off a coup, but he certainly has a fairly large coterie of enablers and supporters, at least some of which have the abilities, and quite possibly the nefarious aspiration to help him accomplish that for their own selfish, corrupt ends. I sometimes have a sneaking suspicion that Trump is merely a pawn or puppet of whomever is really and covertly running things.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Oh wait! I did forget something I thought about while I was driving. It's how he stays glued to the television primarily relying on FUX (not a typo) News. It's probably easier for him to listen to information than it is to digest it in written form. So...where you or I might run through combo articles/books and video/television, he stays with exclusively auditory/visual (graphs/images) forms of information.

As in tell me a story...just don't make me read it.

p.s. When asked, he couldn't come up with a favorite Bible verse. I bet even the hard core atheists on this board could come up with one that resonates with them because they have read the Bible and he hasn't...because he can't.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:51 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:03 pm

Thanks. I should probably go through that once more in case I left something out. I was posting on the fly. If I think of something, I'll come back and add to it.

Until then...Covfefe.

;-)
What I most appreciate is your approach: people are the way they are because of things that happened to them. And then you use the skills you have to try and figure it out.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.