Mopologists are the unwitting agents of secrecy.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Re: Mopologists are the unwitting agents of secrecy.

Post by _Buffalo »

The Nehor wrote:
I apologize. I often forget that some people are simply genuinely stupid and I shouldn't make their lives more difficult. It's undoubtedly hard enough being a dimwit without arrogant bastards like myself rubbing your nose in it day after day.

I sincerely apologize.

In the spirit of being Christlike I'd like to tell the good doctor:

Woe unto you liar, fool, hypocrite, a generation of vipers shall not escape the damnation of hell.

Indeed, my calling down fire upon my enemies leet skillz may take that long to perfect.....but I am a patient man.

Each of your posts is a gift to anti-mormons everywhere.
Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Doctor Scratch wrote:I agree. I don't think that Simon is smart or clever enough to reach those sorts of heights. He's vulgar and over-flowing with a thirst for vendetta, but he's too stupid to actually inflict any real harm.

I will give Simon points for having a can-do attitude and for perseverance, but I have to agree that his overall talent pales in comparison with the florid rhetorical indulgence of a Schryver or the shameless sophistry of a Bot. When I peer into the yawning chasm of the dark heart of Mopologetics, Simon is definitely dangling on the outer rim, glassy eyed and gaping mouth.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Dr. CamNC4me,

I would like to point out that the Church just released one of two volumes of the Church Handbook for public consumption, so if you are accusing us of being sinister, you should be more precise and note that we are only half sinister.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

moksha wrote:Dr. CamNC4me,

I would like to point out that the Church just released one of two volumes of the Church Handbook for public consumption, so if you are accusing us of being sinister, you should be more precise and note that we are only half sinister.

Very true, moksha. The sinister cast of corporate Mormonism has begun to dissipate a little.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hello,

This feeds into what my OP suggests. You aren't privy to the internal machinations, ie... emails, "cables", conversations, etc... Of the processes how the information is discussed, and then ultimately formulated for release for Public Consumption. In other words, you and your ilk aren't "insiders" and thus transparency isn't maintained because what you received is simply a product of the elite who discussed the Who, What, Where, When, & Why of the product you're expected to consume.

What I'm simply suggesting is if the Mormon public, at large, were to be made of aware of the banal insider discussions that take place in order to shape the information for public discussion they would be disabused of miraculous guidance, and simply see that what they're fed is the product of a... Hrm... a Plutocracy of sorts (especially considered because of Mormon familial bonds).

Abuse concealed and actuated is effective. Abuse revealed before actuation is mitigated. Abuse revealed after implementations is mitigated by further manipulation of insider machinations (think Iraq War). Unless transparency is revealed by those who have a "dog in the fight" then the "machine" will always manipulate the "system" in order to ensure its survival at the expense of the predations of the masses.

The point is this:

The Mormon corporation exists to enrich a relatively narrow arena of familial relations bound by marriage, blood, and in some cases business enterprises (brought into the fold by devoted, wealthy, outsiders who are viewed as enablers to the enterprise). While this is viewed as paranoid by Mopologists (mostly unpaid servants, by the way), if viewed dispassionately one can surmise what is obvious by common sense.

V/R
Doctor Cam "NC" for Me
Last edited by Guest on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Buffalo wrote:
The Nehor wrote:
I apologize. I often forget that some people are simply genuinely stupid and I shouldn't make their lives more difficult. It's undoubtedly hard enough being a dimwit without arrogant bastards like myself rubbing your nose in it day after day.

I sincerely apologize.

In the spirit of being Christlike I'd like to tell the good doctor:

Woe unto you liar, fool, hypocrite, a generation of vipers shall not escape the damnation of hell.

Indeed, my calling down fire upon my enemies leet skillz may take that long to perfect.....but I am a patient man.

Each of your posts is a gift to anti-Mormons everywhere.

I resent the implication. I'm a gift to everyone and don't like you trying to make me so exclusive.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:This feeds into what my OP suggests. You aren't privy to the internal machinations, ie... emails, "cables", conversations, etc... Of the processes how the information is discussed, and then ultimately formulated for release for Public Consumption. In other words, you and your ilk aren't "insiders" and thus transparency is maintained because what you received is simply a product of the elite who discussed the Who, What, Where, When, & Why of the product you're expected to consume.

So something is sinister because they don't release all the emails, recordings, of phone and face-to-face conversations, faxes, and complete thought diaries regarding how something is created. I assume then you consider tickle-me-Elmo and book clubs sinister too?

If any organization did this it would be weird and crazy which is doubtless why you think it should be standard procedure.

Your paranoia knows no limits, does it?

What I'm simply suggesting is if the Mormon public, at large, were to be made of aware of the banal insider discussions that take place in order to shape the information for public discussion they would be disabused of miraculous guidance, and simply see that what they're fed is the product of a... Hrm... a Plutocracy of sorts (especially considered because of Mormon familial bonds).

And if you knew what your friends were saying about you when you aren't there you'd realize how much they despise and humor you.

Loony.

Abuse concealed and actuated is effective. Abuse revealed before actuation is mitigated. Abuse revealed after implementations is mitigated by further manipulation of insider machinations (think Iraq War). Unless transparency is revealed those who have a "dog in the fight" then the "machine" will always manipulate the "system" in order to ensure its survival at the expense of the predations of the masses.

Please send this to your therapist so you can get the diagnosis you need. Today. Get help from the "system" while you still have a "dog in the fight" and the "machine" has not yet actuated your abuse.

These are the rantings of a schizo. Get help.

The point is this:

The Mormon corporation exists to enrich a relatively narrow arena of familial relations bound by marriage, blood, and in some cases business enterprises (brought into the fold by devoted, wealthy, outsiders who are viewed as enablers to the enterprise). While this is viewed as paranoid by Mopologists (mostly unpaid servants, by the way), if viewed dispassionately one can surmise what is obvious by common sense.

Except that there is little relation by blood, no evidence of large amounts of money enriching their families, and the accuser has no proof and is certifiable.

Sending your measurements to the men in white coats so they can prepare yours and very respectfully,

The Nehor
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

The Nehor wrote:I resent the implication. I'm a gift to everyone and don't like you trying to make me so exclusive.

The man is right. You've got to give him his due. He's right.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Poor Dr CamNC4me, did you not see the recent threads about the special FP prayer circle room in the SLC temple? Any/all conversations they have in regards to the growth and maintenance of the church come from God over that alter. After all the Lord is over this church and would never suffer his anointed to lead anyone astray.

These communications are NOT secret, they are sacred! That which is shared between the Lord and his special witnesses would be casting pearls before swine if revealed outside those sacred walls.

Remember that the first sign of apostasy is doubting or speaking against the Lords Anointed. It's best if one simply focuses on the things that are important to their salvation, namely: read your scriptures, pray, do your home teaching, attend your meetings. It's just that easy; there is nothing to be concerned about here.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Ahh, the mark of the half beast, 333.