"Are you on your period or something?" and other sexist remarks

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: "Are you on your period or something?" a sexist remark made HERE.

Post by Some Schmo »

Lem wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:40 am
So, SS, what “source” makes a sexist comment acceptable?
Do you really believe at this point you're entitled to honest conversation?

If so... lol.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Tell you what: you tell me what you are trying to achieve with this thread, and I'll answer your question (in a different way, since I believe I've already answered it).
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:44 am
Lem wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:40 am
So, SS, what “source” makes a sexist comment acceptable?

If so... lol.
Wow. Do you honestly think “honest conversation” would excuse such a sexist remark?
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Lem wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:50 am
Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:44 am

If so... lol.
Wow. Do you honestly think “honest conversation” would excuse such a sexist remark?
Clearly, nothing could excuse it in your mind. Context be damned!

Are you always this easily surprised?

Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:52 am
Lem wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:50 am
Clearly, nothing could excuse it in your mind. Context be damned!
Ok. What “context” would make “Are you on your period or something?" an acceptable thing to say to a woman in the conversation we are discussing?
Are you always this easily surprised?
Lol. Was that another of those condescensions you were complaining about?
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

What are you trying to accomplish, Lem?

Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:59 am
What are YOU trying to accomplish? It was a pretty complete thread before you got on here with your “I have no idea what a woman is like” divide, and you’ve done nothing but trash me, in a dozen or so posts, for having a sincere issue.

So I ask again, what are YOU trying to accomplish? and whatever it is, can you please take it elsewhere?
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Lem wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:04 am
Some Schmo wrote:
What are YOU trying to accomplish? It was a pretty complete thread before you got on here with your “I have no idea what a woman is like” divide, and you’ve done nothing but trash me, in a dozen or so posts, for having a sincere issue.

So I ask again, what are YOU trying to accomplish? and whatever it is, can you please take it elsewhere?
Go “F” yourself.

You post this long ass post condemning a fellow poster in a public forum with some intention. Are you trying to get people to dislike Analytics? You don't think he knew what he was saying when he said it? You want us to believe he's a sexist? You don't think every adult who read the conversation can determine for themselves whether or not the comment was sexist, or whether Analytics was being a sexist? Why did you start this thread? What the “F”? I'm pretty sure most people around here are familiar with and understand that the comment is sexist. This isn't a goddamn newsflash.

Don't complain when people respond to your damned posts. If you don't want a response, don't say anything.

Some Schmo
God

Re:

Post by Some Schmo »

Lem wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:57 am
Ok. What “context” would make “Are you on your period or something?" an acceptable thing to say to a woman in the conversation we are discussing?
Hey, you just said the phrase, “Are you on your period or something?" I must now assume you're a sexist, because what possible context would make it not so?

And even that I doubt will help your understanding.

Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Some Schmo wrote:
Lem wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:04 am

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:15 am
Go “F” yourself.

You post this long ass post condemning a fellow poster in a public forum with some intention. Are you trying to get people to dislike Analytics? You don't think he knew what he was saying when he said it? You want us to believe he's a sexist? You don't think every adult who read the conversation can determine for themselves whether or not the comment was sexist, or whether Analytics was being a sexist? Why did you start this thread? What the “F”? I'm pretty sure most people around here are familiar with and understand that the comment is sexist. This isn't a goddamn newsflash.

Don't complain when people respond to your damned posts. If you don't want a response, don't say anything.
And that's the response a woman gets when she points out sexist comments. She gets told everyone already knows it's sexist, and so what? How dare she point out that someone is sexist? it's not a 'newsflash' when someone is sexist, so how dare she think it deserves any sort of comment? How dare she try to disparage the character of the person who made a sexist comment? She should go “F” herself.

She should go “F” herself, for daring to say out loud that a sexist comment is inappropriate.

What a message to leave on our board.

I appreciate the guys on our board who are NOT like this. Thank you.
Last edited by Lem on Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.