The Journal of Timothy R. Berman Studies?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

The Journal of Timothy R. Berman Studies?

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

I happened a few moments ago to be browsing the blog of Timothy R. Berman, titled Mormon Apologetic Studies. The sidebar caught my eye. It says, "If you would like to donate to The Journal of Mormon Apologetic Research Study, please feel free to click on the paypal donate button below. Your charitable contribution is appreciated. Money donated will go to help produce the upcoming publication of the Journal and help pay potential contributing authors."

"The Journal of Mormon Apologetic and Research Study?" says I. "How has this solecistic publication managed to escape my notice?" So, of course, I Googled it. To my surprise, the search turned up only a few sparse results. The most informative was this one: "The Journal of Mormon Apologetic Research Study is a publication of personal essays and research papers of Timothy R. Berman."

Hmmmm... "Help pay contributing authors," indeed!
Last edited by Guest on Tue May 24, 2011 12:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Re: The Journal of Timothy R. Berman Studies?

Post by _Gadianton »

CKid,

If I'm not mistaken, this gentleman posts on MDD. I don't recall the name, but I'm pretty sure at one point I clicked a link that landed on a blog with that same picture.
_MrStakhanovite
_Emeritus

Post by _MrStakhanovite »

I think this might be SeattleGhostWriter
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

That sounds right. And thus, it raises a vexing question, why was this topic locked?

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/530 ... -is-right/
_TrashcanMan79
_Emeritus

Post by _TrashcanMan79 »

Please don't miss Brother Berman's erotic fiction. I found it quite...handy.

"At the Ocean"

Here's a teaser to arouse your interest:

Brother Timothy Berman (MAD's 'SeattleGhostWriter'), Mormon apologist, Elder of Israel wrote:...She ventured a finger along her well-developed chest; her nipples were already hardened as she closed her eyes and craning her neck to one side. She recalled his lips pressing softly against the curve of her neck as she allowed her fingers to caress her smooth skin...

...Her breasts were rounded, firm and had not sagged like most women her age have already experienced. Her figure was a curved as she turned to examine her plump firm ass. She was attractive and wondered how she could have been seduced by a man that pleased her in a way most men never knew how...
Last edited by Guest on Sun May 22, 2011 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Simon Belmont

Post by _Simon Belmont »

TrashcanMan79 wrote:Please don't miss Brother Berman's erotic fiction. I found it quite...handy.

Okay, that made me LOL!

Seriously!

LOL!
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Oh, wow. Do the MDD moderators know what they're dealing with?
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

Brother Timothy Berman (MAD's 'SeattleGhostWriter'), Mormon apologist, Elder of Israel wrote:...She ventured a finger along her well-developed chest; her nipples were already hardened as she closed her eyes and craning her neck to one side. She recalled his lips pressing softly against the curve of her neck as she allowed her fingers to caress her smooth skin...

...Her breasts were rounded, firm and had not sagged like most women her age have already experienced. Her figure was a curved as she turned to examine her plump firm ass. She was attractive and wondered how she could have been seduced by a man that pleased her in a way most men never knew how...
A Mormon apologist who also writes erotica and publishes both under his real life name using his own picture as a logo/avatar:

That is not "LOL".

That is just plain creepy.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

That does seem somewhat... inconsistent.

(In other words, wtf?)
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Actually Celestial Kingdom, while I'll admit Trashcanman gets the gold star for the week for rare and fantastic finds and left me stuck momentarily in a wtf?, though I was able to put things into perspective pretty quickly.

It is not uncommon at all I've found for apologists to have some major issues, and not even necessarily be in good standing with the Church. I remember one thread at MAD long ago where several apologists admitted to having been disfellowshipped or ex'd, and that was a real eye opener.

Mopologetics hasn't been known to attract the most savory moral characters.

I would advise that you and the narrator exercise caution when communing with them at FAIR.