Never In Provo......

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Re: Never In Provo......

Post by _zeezrom »

I just learned what a commuter school is. I understand U of U is well known for being a commuter school. I commuted to U of U the whole time. I lived at BYU for 4 years and loved it. I passed the football in the street every day and that happens to be how I met my wife. She was watching me and my big guns from her window. I also enjoyed going to the Hari Krishna festival with fellow BYU students every year. I loved sitting in my apartment with roomates talking about babes for hours. We also did draft picks once per semester. That is where you take the ward list (at BYU, the list has photos of all the girls) and make your draft picks. You pick two girls (Alpha and Beta). A drafted girl is off limits to all other roomates. I draft picked my wife and another girl. My roomates didn't touch her.

You know, BYU is in many ways just another university except for the uniformity of culture, high percentage of married couples, and long shorts. Long shorts everywhere! Is anybody else out there tired of long shorts? I say, either where shorts (i.e. short) or just wear pants. Long shorts feel and look like pants with your lower legs showing.

Oops. That was a huge derail.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.