"Are you on your period or something?" and other sexist remarks

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: "Are you on your period or something?" a sexist remark made HERE.

Post by canpakes »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:53 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:43 pm
This thread has helped me see what hell's going to be like for most of you,a snakepit of angry and offended people. MOVE FORWARD!
God is a Democrat. That is going to be your hell.... :lol: And he's going to simply give as GIFTS all kinds of eternal life to EVERYONE regardless of their mentality and politics. Now THAT is YOUR HELL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lol. It’ll be hell for ajax because he’ll end up realizing that he paid all of those tithing dollars for no reason at all. ; )
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Lem wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:00 pm
Analytics wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:27 pm
Thank you, Doc.

Lem,

I’m sorry for what I said. I was having a frustrating day in the real world, was oversensitive, and wrongly made an offensive comment. Thank you for calling me out on it and for explaining in detail why it was offensive.

Sincerely,

Roger
Jersey Girl said I should read your last post, which I had not done before now.

Thank you. I apologize also for not more appropriately explaining my initial perception re: your comment about the missionary stats.
<3 to both you brilliant people.
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:27 pm
Thank you.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:27 pm
Lem wrote:

Thank you. I apologize also for not more appropriately explaining my initial perception re: your comment about the missionary stats.
Thanks Dr. Moore.

I would just like to wrap up this thread by noting the tremendous number of personal attacks on my personal life that have recently occurred in Res Ipsa's joint thread, made by honorentheos. Over and over, this poster has noted that I post like an "asshole." that's certainly acceptable as an opinion, what I don't understand is why he has introduced it multiple times on threads discussing sexist behavior, as though a woman posting like an asshole excuses those who throw crude sexist slurs. He finally acknowledged he posts like an asshole as well, but has left his 7or 8 posts intact where he repeatedly wants to focus on my 'assholery' rather than discuss the sexism.

I am not bringing it up again on the other thread, because without responding to honor's personal attacks on me, the OP has kindly asked honor to do him the favor of not discussing 'personality.' unfortunately, he has left the posts attacking me personally unaddressed, in great contrast to his efforts to bend over backwards to protect Moksha from such attacks. I will leave his efforts to his thread, other than to note how disappointing his double standard is, and to request res Ipsa not bring that issue here, because it has nothing to do with my original point.

In the end, my only request still is, and has always been, that posters don't use crude sexist phrases when responding to a woman.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I request you step back and examine your reactions and behavior. It's not about your personality or a broad, sweeping judgement about you as a poster. It's pointing out that you react poorly to certain topics and frankly are enabled by whatever is going on.

Maybe just don't respond to people in an asshole manner, excuse doing it while accusing me or whomever points it out as doing it for reasons not tied to what you posted in response to something someone else posted.

Anywho. That's what it is about. Take it personally and rage about it, step back and reflect on it, whatever. As I said before, no one has free will. But we have the capacity to overcome the programing with free won't by shorting it with reflection rather than emotional reaction. But that's not something anyone can do for someone else other than offer a different perspective.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:10 am
....examine your reactions...
This thread is for discussing the sexist comments made. Your approach focusing on your perception of the attributes of those receiving the sexist comments is inappropriate. If anything, your refusal to dissect the character of those making sexist comments, in favor of attacking those who receive the sexist comments says more about your own bias than anything else.

Please respect the request of the OP in terms of topic.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Delete post
Last edited by Gunnar on Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

In my honest, aged and probably dementia tinged opinion, this whole thread should have ended with this post (if not before) with friendships and mutual respect renewed on all sides and all real or imagined hurt feelings assuaged. Can we perhaps do that now?
Lem wrote:
Analytics wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:27 pm
Thank you, Doc.

Lem,

I’m sorry for what I said. I was having a frustrating day in the real world, was oversensitive, and wrongly made an offensive comment. Thank you for calling me out on it and for explaining in detail why it was offensive.

Sincerely,

Roger

No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Lem wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:42 am
... focusing on your perception of the attributes...
Inaccurate. I'm commenting on behavior, actions, choices. Things you can reflect on and choose differently.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:59 am
In my honest, aged and probably dementia tinged opinion, this whole thread should have ended with this post (if not before) with friendships and mutual respect renewed on all sides and all real or imagined hurt feelings assuaged. Can we perhaps do that now?
Lem wrote:

I agree Gunnar. The previous poster doesn't seem to get it, nor is he respecting the OP request, made previously, also in response to his continuing derailments of both threads on this topic:
This thread is for discussing the sexist comments made. Your approach focusing on your perception of the attributes of those receiving the sexist comments is inappropriate. If anything, your refusal to dissect the character of those making sexist comments, in favor of attacking those who receive the sexist comments says more about your own bias than anything else.

Please respect the request of the OP in terms of topic.
One last quote:
honorentheos wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:14 am
Or do you think I'm only calling you out so it's attacking you and I feel safe doing so because you're a woman? Maybe that's it. I am known for not getting into it with people unless I feel I can bully them around and have the crowd and popular opinion on my side.
:roll: maybe honorentheos revealed more than he realized with this post.
Last edited by Lem on Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.