Dahesh---the Little Prophet Who Could

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Daheshist
_Emeritus

Dahesh---the Little Prophet Who Could

Post by _Daheshist »

When people lose faith in a Prophet, they usually lose faith in God. Most of the people who once had faith that Hebert W. Armstrong (founder of the Worldwide Church of God) was God's Last Day Apostle, until their Church repudiated him and his teachings and failed prophecies. Many of these people are now Atheists. In other words, if Hebert W. Armstrong was not God's Apostle....it means of course there can be no God. Many ex-Mormons think the same way: since the Church is false...there can be no God. There was a Korean "Prophet" who arose in the 1980s, predicting the return of Christ, many sold their properties, etc. Once the prophecy failed, many became Atheists. One said, "God deceived us! So now, we don't believe in God!" Many Mormons do the exact same thing. It is simply an emotional reaction to people deeply hurt.

Doctor Dahesh, the miracle-working Prophet of Lebanon, never lied. Never screwed his neighbor's daughters or wives (He was never married). Never stole money. Never started a bank that failed. Never uttered prophecies that "were true....but did not come to pass because they were conditional and the conditions were never met". All of the prophecies of Dahesh came true. His thousands of supernatural miracles were witnessed by thousands, most of whom were not Daheshists, and did not become Daheshists, and hundreds of these NON-believers wrote or told reporters what they saw. He called His religion "The Noble Spiritual Faith" or simply "Daheshism".

*One God
*Holy Spirits (we each have a guardian spirit called a "Holy Spirit" who hears our
prayers and sometimes protects us...our own Father in Heaven...we each have our own that is unique to us)
*Reincarnation (we all have up to 6,000 lifetimes on various planets)
*Law of Karma (what goes around comes around)
*Heaven and Hell are literal Planets, and Earth is the
highest type of Hell-planet.
*All Prophets and Guides are incarnations of the
Spiritual Fluids of Christ
*Dahesh is the 19th reincarnation of Jesus Christ
*We are judged SOLELY by how we treat other sentient beings (humans and animals), and not
by what religion or church we belong to, nor by what knowledge we have, not by
what creeds we adhere to or refuse to adhere to, but ONLY by how we "treat" others; the Atheist who does more good than the Christian or Muslim, we receive a better reward than they do in the Afterlife.

So, in Daheshism, attending meetings, paying tithing, cow-towing to ecclesiatical leaders, confessing your most intimate sexual life to a man behind a desk, believing one moment in that the Curse of Cain Doctrine is true and of the Lord (as the Church used to say), then in the next moment that it was never a doctrine of the Church but the "personal views of some Members" (as the Church now says), dressing in a suit and tie, wearing sacred underwear, going through secret temple rites, going on a mission, all these things are TOTALLY UNNECESSARY in Daheshism. All that is required in Daheshism is that you keep 15 Commandments. That is all. No meetings are required other than "four" gatherings in a Dahesh Temple for your baptism, marriage, divorce, and funeral.

Monthly or weekly meetings are not required, nor are they "forbidden". Daheshists may attend a monthly Spiritual Sessions (like a pot-luck with prayers), but that is not required. THERE WILL BE DAHESHIST TEMPLES, and priests to perform baptisms, and marriages, and divorces, and memorials (funerals), and divine healings, but, one does not attend a Dahesh Temple over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again the rest of one's life as do Mormons attending Mormon temple. There are four required meetings in a Dahesh temple: your baptism, your marriage, your divorce, and your funeral. A divine healing session is optional. There are no rites for the dead. There are no weekly meetings where you sit through UBER-boring talks for three hours! Again, you "may" attend a monthly Spiritual Session, which is more social-hour-and-pot-luck with prayers and readings, but even this is totally optional.

Daheshists may attend church on Sunday! Nothing requires it. Nothing forbids it. Daheshists who wish to attend a church on Sunday attend the UNITY Churches, formerly known as the Unity School of Christianity, founded by Charles Fillmore in 1890-91, and headquartered in Lee's Summit, Jackson County, Missouri. UNITY does not "endorse" Dr. Dahesh or Daheshism. UNITY is very "open" when it comes to spiritual paths, and accepts all sorts of people and beliefs. UNITY accepts gays and lesbians too, again, not because it endorses that, but because all Seekers of Truth are accepted. Look in the Yellow Pages under "Churches" and then "Unity Churches" or go to http://www.unity.org

Daheshists can go on missions! But nothing requires it. And Dahesh Missions are not walking around knocking on doors 10 hours per day. Dahesh Missions will be welfare missions only, things that actually "benefit" the lives of people in a practical sense.

When I was a Mormon, I had to have TONS OF FAITH regarding Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, the Brethren, etc. Tons of it. I had to have "faith". Faith is not a "knowledge" that something is true, but a "hope" that something is true. One by one, I lost faith in them all: Mormon leaders (The Brethren) as prophets/seers/revelators/, Mormon bishops as having any spirit of discernment whatsoever, Mormon women as honest/chaste/spotless/pure/seekers only of "worthy" priesthood-holders and the glory of God, the Book of Abraham as a translation of ancient Egyptian papyrus, the Book of Mormon as history, Brigham Young as a prophet, and the Mormon Philosophy (i.e. God sends you material/earthly blessings if you are live the Gospel and denies you these blessings if you don't), etc. I lost faith in ALL these things. Because I discovered...these things are _____simply NOT true_____.

I DO NOT HAVE ANY "FAITH" in Dr. Dahesh or Daheshism. He died in 1984 in New York City. But, in response to my requests, He came to visit me in my room in daylight, while I was wide awake, in 2005, during a lightning storm. I have NO FAITH in Dr. Dahesh or Daheshism. I do not have "faith". I have "knowledge"! I know He was a Prophet just like I know my own name, or I know I am presently typing something about Him on Mormon Discussions. This is knowledge...not "faith". Mormon missionaries say "I KNOW Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God!" NO THEY DON'T! They BELIEVE he was, but they have no "knowledge" that he was. With Dahesh....I do have knowledge.

Atheists will DENY UNTO DEATH that Atheism is a "faith". But...that is __exactly__ what it is! One must have "faith" that there is no God, since one cannot "know" that. Until one has visited every dimension, every planet, every galaxy, and looked into every Sun and black hole, one cannot say "There is no God". One may say, "I don't believe there is a God!" but that is "faith". Faith is belief, and belief is a "hope" of something but not a knowledge of it.

I don't have any "belief" or "faith" in Doctor Dahesh. I have absolute knowledge, because He visited me, in daylight! I hope you will use your free agency, to take a little time to investigate the many supernatural miracles of Dr. Dahesh, the Prophet of Lebanon, and the Noble Spiritual Faith of Daheshism.
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Re: Dahesh---the Little Prophet Who Could

Post by _Tarski »

Daheshist wrote:We are judged SOLELY by how we treat other sentient beings (humans and animals), and not
by what religion or church we belong to, nor by what knowledge we have, not by
what creeds we adhere to or refuse to adhere to, but ONLY by how we "treat" others; the Atheist who does more good than the Christian or Muslim, we receive a better reward than they do in the Afterlife.

This seems nice on first blush but what if factors beyond our control make some of us nicer or meaner than others. Perhaps some people are born with subtle neurological problems. Then what?
when believers want to give their claims more weight, they dress these claims up in scientific terms. When believers want to belittle atheism or secular humanism, they call it a "religion". -Beastie

yesterday's Mormon doctrine is today's Mormon folklore.-Buffalo
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Tarski wrote:This seems nice on first blush but what if factors beyond our control make some of us nicer or meaner than others. Perhaps some people are born with subtle neurological problems. Then what?

Smoke more dope. Maybe throw in a few other drugs that put people in a good mood or make them act nicer. It's all about love and peace, man.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Daheshist
_Emeritus

Post by _Daheshist »

Dear Swine,

Your response is typical, and my pearls were not directed at you.

asbestosman wrote:
Tarski wrote:This seems nice on first blush but what if factors beyond our control make some of us nicer or meaner than others. Perhaps some people are born with subtle neurological problems. Then what?

Smoke more dope. Maybe throw in a few other drugs that put people in a good mood or make them act nicer. It's all about love and peace, man.
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond James Bond »

Daheshist wrote:Atheists will DENY UNTO DEATH that Atheism is a "faith". But...that is __exactly__ what it is! One must have "faith" that there is no God, since one cannot "know" that.

Does Thor exist? Y/N

Does Zeus exist? Y/N

Does Amun-Ra exist? Y/N

(If you answer "N" then you're already an atheist. Congratulations)
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

Daheshist wrote:Dear Swine,

Your response is typical, and my pearls were not directed at you.

Thanks for calling me a swine. Be sure to let me how that works out for judgment in the afterlife regarding how well you "treat" others. ;)
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Daheshist
_Emeritus

Post by _Daheshist »

Yes, Dahesh came to my house, and room, in daylight, in 2005 during a thunder and lightning storm, in Lakewood, Washington, next to Tacoma, Washington. HE sat on the edge of my bed. This was in response to me asking him to do so, numerous times, in the weeks before.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Daheshist wrote:Yes, Dahesh came to my house, and room, in daylight, in 2005 during a thunder and lightning storm, in Lakewood, Washington, next to Tacoma, Washington. HE sat on the edge of my bed. This was in response to me asking him to do so, numerous times, in the weeks before.

OK.

Can you get him to post here? That ought to be much less of a problem than physical manifestation - just a matter of nudging a few electrons ...
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.