DCP Responds to Getting "Fired" from the Review

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Responds to Getting "Fired" from the Review

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hey again, Scratch
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sure: Bokovoy could be considered a "defender" of the Church, though he has said that he has no interesting in apologetics,

Well, I can certainly understand that position.

You know: there is great irony in the fact that the MDD-ites are now demanding that the MI and the Review be allowed to do "apologetics" (that's the exact word they use), in spite of the fact that they are so touchy about being labeled "apologists," as if it's a perjorative.

Yeah, I remember (before I was banned for life from that board :smile: ) the name change from Mormon Apologetic and Discussion Board to the now Mormon Dialouge and Discussion Board.

Instead of being an apologist - maybe they should consider evolving into a dialouger?
Is "dialouger" a word?

Just a thought.

Peace,
Ceeboo
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Ceeboo wrote:Instead of being an apologist - maybe they should consider evolving into a dialouger?
Is "dialouger" a word?

Just a thought.

Peace,
Ceeboo

I think the word you are looking for is "dialounger."

"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hey Kish
Kishkumen wrote:
But I think David Bokovoy has let it be known that he is no longer going to engage in apologetics.

Yes, I have just learned this. (Thanks)

Too bad for the LDS Church, in my opinion.

Should Mr. Bokovoy ever change his mind, I would suggest that he would be a fantastic apologist for his faith and to his LDS brother's and sister's. And perhaps more importantly, in my opinion, he would be a very worthy and refreshing voice for the entire collection of all believers.

Peace,
Ceeboo
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Kishkumen wrote:
I think the word you are looking for is "dialounger."

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
_lulu
_Emeritus

Post by _lulu »

harmony wrote:
lulu wrote:Go for it. You'll have to live BYU standards though.

I live BYU standards without needing the Honor Code.

MI could use some harmony.
"And the human knew the source of life, the woman of him, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, 'I have procreated a man with Yahweh.'" Gen. 4:1, interior quote translated by D. Bokovoy.
_the narrator
_Emeritus

Post by _the narrator »

FYI. Peggy Stack should have an article about all of this in the Salt Lake Tribune tomorrow or Saturday.
You're absolutely vile and obnoxious paternalistic air of intellectual superiority towards anyone who takes issue with your clear misapprehension of core LDS doctrine must give one pause. - Droopy
_Uther
_Emeritus

Post by _Uther »

the narrator wrote:FYI. Peggy Stack should have an article about all of this in the Salt Lake Tribune tomorrow or Saturday.

That would be nothing but close to awesome!!
I hope Peggy can include some of the open threaths, veiled threats, and insinuations that the selfmade king and want to be holy man, currently going by the name of Dan, made in the emails and MDD replies.
About Joseph Smith.. How do you think his persona was influenced by being the storyteller since childhood? Mastering the art of going pale, changing his voice, and mesmerizing his audience.. How do you think he was influenced by keeping secrets and lying for his wife and the church members for decades?
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

the narrator wrote:FYI. Peggy Stack should have an article about all of this in the Salt Lake Tribune tomorrow or Saturday.

Cool. I was afraid that she was too busy.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_TAK
_Emeritus

Post by _TAK »

TAK wrote:
* I have no reason to believe that any General Authority was involved in any way in the decision to terminate my editorship of the Review.

Strains Credulity..

DCP likes to rub shoulders with and name drop the GAs whenever he can do either, but he thinks that Bradford would take such a move as dismissing DCP without getting the okay and approval.

A church program such as this would have a GA overseer and a decision of this importance would not have been made in a vacuum .. DCP was sacked by the brethren not Bradford.
God has the right to create and to destroy, to make like and to kill. He can delegate this authority if he wishes to. I know that can be scary. Deal with it.
Nehor.. Nov 08, 2010

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

It's striking to me that the MDD folks are making such a big issue over the notion that this was done "via email." "I disagree with the way this was handled," they say. Well, what about the way that various people have been "handled" by the Review? E.g., Laura Compton, or Mike Quinn? Or Meldrum?

It's been very interesting to watch all these people finally coming out of the woodwork to admit that they have enjoyed the smearing and ridicule and attack-mindedness that have always been the raison d'etre of the FROB. Prior to these events, they all would have denied that this is the case. It took something of this magnitude for them to finally admit what all of us have suspected all along, which is that they think that critics of the Church deserve to be treated with enormous amounts of disrespect, and that they deserve to be unethically smeared and attacked. The FARMS Review, it would seem, has always been pandering to these people's worst impulses, and that is quite alarming, in my opinion.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14