Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
IHAQ
God

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by IHAQ »

Putting Rosebud's challenges and actions to one side. I'm left with the impression that John Dehlin is a very calculating individual. Sure he plays the concerned ex lover, having Rosebud's best interests at heart. But for me it doesn't ring true. There's something manipulative in all of this, and his appearance on RFM also smells of manipulation. I can't point to any one thing, but there's something off about him.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

IHAQ wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:33 am
Putting Rosebud's challenges and actions to one side. I'm left with the impression that John Dehlin is a very calculating individual. Sure he plays the concerned ex lover, having Rosebud's best interests at heart. But for me it doesn't ring true. There's something manipulative in all of this, and his appearance on RFM also smells of manipulation. I can't point to any one thing, but there's something off about him.
Being an influencer requires a lot of self-promotion and hard work. Building a business requires a lot of planning and hard work. Fending off people who want to take you down, make your job harder, or use you for their own advancement must be exhausting.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dwight
Deacon

Post by Dwight »

IHAQ wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:33 am

I can't point to any one thing, but there's something off about him.
I don't think we have to attribute it to some mastermind at work. There can be something off about him and he is just reacting and growing and changing as a person like the rest of us. I think he is doing what is in his best interest with his values which he may express stronger than he actually has commitment to, like all of us.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:12 am
Seriously, though, is she writing a book on all of this? Please tell her I demand to be called Kishkumen in the published version. I have been pretty scrupulous about honoring her request only to use her codename Rosebud, so I am expecting reciprocity here.
Should that not be Reverend Kishkumen? I hope that she will show due respect.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

malkie wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:06 pm
Should that not be Reverend Kishkumen? I hope that she will show due respect.
I would gladly call her Executive Director Rosebud in return.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://dearjohndehlin.wordpress.com/20 ... /#comments

From the comments:
Kimberley Havensaid:May 4, 2021 at 6:08 am

I take any woman’s allegations of harassment seriously and at face value. I actually tend to have a significant bias against the offender. Unfortunately I’m this situation I am frustrated by her lack of credible documentation. There were thoughtful, unbiased and competent individuals, lawyers who have looked facts not available to all (the public) and spoken to this issue. It’s unfortunate this matter continues to take space in areas that could move on to ongoing harms happening in the Mormon church as we speak.
dearjohndehlinsaid:May 4, 2021 at 3:10 pm

Rosebud has indicated that the documents will be published through James Patterson. She declined to have her claims fully investigated by the board at the time and, unfortunately, the inadequate number of employees at Open Stories Foundation at the time prohibited their legal exploration. Thus, this really hasn’t been explored to the extent many suppose.

However, having listened to her podcast she makes a large number of entirely document-verifiable claims. The risk to her involved in making those claims if they cannot be substantiated would be enormous and would likely even expose her to a law suit. I would therefore suggest that this is going to come down to a battle over documentation and detailed analysis of claims. This is good in a lot of ways because we will be able to concretely determine who is telling truth about a lot of this and act accordingly.
James Patterson,

When are you publishing these documents?

edit, an addition from the blog post:
Ultimately, this story is still developing because in addition to the interview she is releasing a large (very large, it sounds like) cache of documents via James Patterson.
I find it weird Rosebud makes these posts on this blog, but attempts to write in the 3rd person. Kinda skeezy, To be honest.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Publish already. Good grief.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:30 pm
Have you ever redacted a 250+ page document? It's real fun.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:34 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:30 pm
Have you ever redacted a 250+ page document? It's real fun.

I've written 250+-page documents.

Still, carry on.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

It's hard to find a good secretary these days.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.