Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
consiglieri
Prophet

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by consiglieri »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:35 pm
jpatterson wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:34 pm

Have you ever redacted a 250+ page document? It's real fun.

I've written 250+-page documents.

Still, carry on.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Say Mormon Stories had fizzled and John Dehlin was doing some random job off in the quiet somewhere, making his same $200k/year salary or whatever it is.

Would Rosebud and her supporters still be going after him like this?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The Stig wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:56 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:48 pm

Yes. And larger. Redacting 250 pages just takes a few hours if you know what you’re doing.

- Doc
Step 1: Scan document into PDF and run OCR in Adobe Acrobat.
Step 2: Search for key words to be redacted.
Step 3: Use Acrobat's "Redact" function to fully redact the text and underlying data. Merely "highlighting" in black leaves the text easily discovered.
Step 4: Publish.
Yep. There are small workarounds with the black highlighting - you can can copypaste infilled boxes and save, print the doc once done and scan it again, or, man, off the top of my head a way to make the highlighting permanent. It’s been about six years since I’ve edited docs with Adobe.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:02 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:59 pm
The whole thing is nuts. John Dehlin acted horribly but shouldn't get the death penalty for his conduct. Rosebud is hamming it up pretty good, trying to make more out of the consensual relationship turned rotten, and is eternally determined to collect on what she thinks she is owed. Then JP is taking up the Rosebud torch, defending her by acting just like her.
It is nuts, but they will not be deterred. Captain Ahab has a new white whale named John Dehlin. The entire crew of the Pequod is ready to go down with the ship. "From hell's heart I stab at thee!"
“Better to sleep with a sober cannibal than a drunk Christian.”
Last edited by consiglieri on Thu May 06, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

And the “doxxing” issue is BS. Rosebud has an internet site that accuses John Dehlin of, among other things, “pedophilia.” She has talked repeatedly about her side of what happened. She has no moral claim to stay anonymous while going on offense against John Dehlin.

And you see what she did? Someone not named John Dehlin shared her name, and she declared global thermonuclear war. This is some some kind of weird control dynamic. And when Patterson crosses her, which he will at some point, he’ll get to join John Dehlin as a contestant in “I will make you pay attention to me.”

There is no way this ends well for anyone involved.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Moore wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:10 pm
Say Mormon Stories had fizzled and John Dehlin was doing some random job off in the quiet somewhere, making his same $200k/year salary or whatever it is.

They'd get a lot less free help from people with their own anti-John Dehlin agendas, that's for sure.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr Moore wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:10 pm

Yes and probably not.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:13 pm
And the “doxxing” issue is BS. Rosebud has an internet site that accuses John Dehlin of, among other things, “pedophilia.” She has talked repeatedly about her side of what happened. She has no moral claim to stay anonymous while going on offense against John Dehlin.

And you see what she did? Someone not named John Dehlin shared her name, and she declared global thermonuclear war. This is some some kind of weird control dynamic. And when Patterson crosses her, which he will at some point, he’ll get to join John Dehlin as a contestant in “I will make you pay attention to me.”

There is no way this ends well for anyone involved.
Lots of alarms are ringing and red flags flying. Once you see the pattern, you can't unsee it. Once you calculate what it portends, you stay the hell away.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

The Stig wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:56 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:48 pm

Yes. And larger. Redacting 250 pages just takes a few hours if you know what you’re doing.

- Doc
Step 1: Scan document into PDF and run OCR in Adobe Acrobat.
Step 2: Search for key words to be redacted.
Step 3: Use Acrobat's "Redact" function to fully redact the text and underlying data. Merely "highlighting" in black leaves the text easily discovered.
Step 4: Publish.
Thanks, I'm aware of Adobe's redact functions. I'm in the middle of one 250 page document. It's not the only document.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:28 pm
Thanks, I'm aware of Adobe's redact functions. I'm in the middle of one 250 page document. It's not the only document.
Maybe you should compile a commentary on the documents to help your readers wade through this stuff. Few people will want to spend their own precious time on what has all the appearance of a snipe hunt thus far.