Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
consiglieri
Prophet

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by consiglieri »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:59 pm
consiglieri wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:55 pm
In the meantime, it appears Rosebud is asking for donations for legal fees on her Facebook page.

The one under her real name.

And in the alternative, she is asking for donations to defray the expenses of her two children’s college tuition.

While citing John Dehlin as the cause of her relative penury, having cost her hundreds of thousands of dollars.

It is certainly more ambitious than a gofundme for a laptop, I suppose.
You may want to stop doxxing her right now, consiglieri. Don't say I didn't warn you! :lol:
Having established herself as the victim, Rosebud is now ready to reap the rewards.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
I understand. But it was the only shot he had at staying disentangled from Rosebud.

Maybe being a leader in an asylum isn’t worth it.
It is an honor to disagree politely with a person of your nobility.

His chance came and left in 2011.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

consiglieri wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:01 pm
Having established herself as the victim, Rosebud is now ready to reap the rewards.
I would say I know a good attorney . . . .
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:00 pm
consiglieri wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:55 pm
In the meantime, it appears Rosebud is asking for donations for legal fees on her Facebook page.

The one under her real name.

And in the alternative, she is asking for donations to defray the expenses of her two children’s college tuition.

While citing John Dehlin as the cause of her relative penury, having cost her hundreds of thousands of dollars.

It is certainly more ambitious than a gofundme for a laptop, I suppose.
I saw this stuff. It is absolutely bonkers. Where to begin? You feel like there has to be something somewhere that makes some sense out of this absolute cluster-f of a behavioral pattern . . . . Sane people want to connect the dots, but damn if it doesn't look like a Jackson Pollack being sold as a Michelangelo.
An “Un-happy Accident,” perhaps?
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:02 pm
consiglieri wrote:
I would say I know a good attorney . . . .
Some money is too dirty even for me.

And that’s saying something!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

She's not only attempting to crowdfund an attorney, she's added one for her children's college education. Yep.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

The doxxing complaint was mentioned again, and it's been bothering me as well, because Rosebud's version doesn't quite match what happened, in my opinion only.

I know this is just an outline, but from one poster's notes:
Dwight wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:03 pm

[3:04:34] she filed the document and at the same time went to a message board called Mormon discussions .com. She started posting about it. She was communicating to John. Her message to John Dehlin is that she was not going to be quiet, she won’t sign a NDA, she is not afraid as much anymore. She knew John reads the board, while the lawyers are negotiating and not getting anywhere. She knows she won’t get what she wants. She won’t get what she wanted which is to get confidentiality and being able to fix her life. John Dehlin wouldn’t even cover her attorney fees. It’s still all going on, but she doesn’t know all that is going on.

He went there and doxxed me. Rosebud chose this message board cause there is protection from using real names. This was one of her arguments with the Open Stories Foundation board from the beginning cause you can’t just use her name and make it her identity. Cause John Dehlin was going around publicizing this. She says he wasn’t using her name, he just said enough so those that know would know. So he could brag. She got the admins to strike her name, but by then people knew and posted to Twitter (here’s looking at you Kate Kelly, who left it up until a few days ago) so googling her name brought up the affair with John Dehlin. While she is trying to rebuild her life after her divorce.
Of course there would need to be a transcript to make a proper comparison, but, at least in my experience, this 2018 version just doesn't match up with the MormonDiscussions situation, at least not in the years prior to her making that recording. Doxxing being such a dramatic concern to Rosebud doesn't match how she was posting here. To explain my point, In 2017, Rosebud posted a very long, very emotionally vulnerable and personal post. The problem related to this topic is that she prefaced it with a live link to her professional counseling services page she had at the time, which seems to obviate her deep concern re: doxxing.

The old board is pretty dead now, so it's difficult to verify completely, but there are a couple of work-arounds and I was able to find the response I sent her shortly after her post, plus a couple of her requests about using 'Rosebud'. I can't seem to bring up her original, but you'll notice in my post I retracted her link myself when quoting her. Sometime after, when someone else was quoting her, you can see that a moderator replaced her link in her original post with a red "[URL deleted]".

Here is the part of my post relevant to her doxxing concern:
by Lemmie
Thu May 25, 2017 4:06 pm
Forum: The Terrestrial Forum
Topic: Falling out between Dehlin and Kate Kelly?
Rosebud wrote: http://[in real life link]
oh boy. Fell free to tell me to **** off, but, speaking as a woman with a BIC- tbm background who has gone through this process of extricating oneself from LDS influences, may I say that going forward, you will want to have a professional footprint that can be taken seriously. It is nice, as candygal said, to get to know each other, but linking your in real life professional data with the type of posts you leave here does NOT help your professional image.
And three days later, Rosebud posted this:
by Rosebud
Sun May 28, 2017 4:56 am
Topic: Taking Open Stories Foundation Finance, Board and Equal Pay Questions

And to posters on the new Reddit uncensored board, I'd appreciate it if you'd use "Rosebud" instead of my in real life name. John Dehlin is the one who's pushing to bring my in real life name into this as an intimidation tactic. I doubt I can prevent it from happening and for all I know he's irrationally creating a podcast right now doing just that. He feels he's justified.

The difference between us, Doc, is the difference in power. That was the obvious difference between us at the Open Stories Foundation and why there was a human rights claim. That's why he kept his job and I lost mine. That's why he got the money.

But, Reddit uncensored, if you wouldn't mind, please don't take the in real life name step for him. -thanks
And not until April 2018:
by Rosebud
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:13 pm
Topic: My Consent to Use "Rosebud"

...Anyway, I give consent for anyone to use the name "Rosebud" referring to me in any media anywhere. It's not that I don't want this story out (obviously), it's that I have had enough real-world consequences as it is. Despite my many setbacks, I am trying to build a better life for myself and my children. I'm not really too embarrassed about this anymore. It says more about what's wrong with Mormonism than it shames me. Shame is so natural -- and so easy for predators and the church to take advantage of -- that it takes some growing up to see the obvious.

I do not give consent for anyone to use my in real life name. "Rosebud" it is. Say whatever you want about what I've said here on this board. That goes for all media types: traditional, social... anything.

For now until forever. I don't know how much people care about this right now or if or when this consent will mean anything. But regardless, this consent is permanent.

Someone please copy this post in their reply so that people will feel confident that I can't come back and delete it.

No doxxing..... I have a non-Mormon life to live. I want my future to be better than my past and doxxing puts the power back in John's hands because he knows how to use his media and followers to hurt me. That was his plan all along. I'm sick of him having power to hurt me and my family. Enough....

Rosebud
And as far as I can tell, sometime after this was the cognitive interview. She did request no doxxing, but only after she herself had posted her story with her professional link attached. It's a minor point I know, but it leaves questions about the possible gaps in the interview.

As I have said before, I still consider that the objective evidence, in my best reading, shows that Dehlin and the Open Stories Foundation board sexually harassed a subordinate, the victim's difficulties notwithstanding. Her cognitive interview is less reliable in details, and in in my opinion is not necessary to establish the charge of sexual harassment.
Last edited by Lem on Thu May 06, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:09 pm
And as far as I can tell, sometime after this was the cognitive interview. She did request no doxxing, but only after she herself had posted her story with her professional link attached. It's a minor point I know, but it leaves questions about the possible gaps in the interview.

As I have said before, I still consider that the objective evidence, in my best reading, shows that Dehlin and the Open Stories Foundation board sexually harassed a subordinate, the victim's difficulties notwithstanding. Her cognitive interview is less reliable in details, and in in my opinion is not necessary to establish the charge of sexual harassment.
My guess is that it was after that 2018 post when I saw that she posted a link to form that contained her in real life name. She posted a fundraiser to fix and maintain the board. The link took you to the fundraiser and her name appeared on the form. She may have deleted that thread, I don't know, but that is the disclosure to which I referred a few times on this current thread.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
I understand. But it was the only shot he had at staying disentangled from Rosebud.

Maybe being a leader in an asylum isn’t worth it.
It is an honor to disagree politely with a person of your nobility.

His chance came and left in 2011.
Nah, one can and should disagree, politely or not. ;)
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dwight
Deacon

Post by Dwight »

I tried to give accurate timestamps so anyone could go and compare what she said to my notes, obviously not everyone wanted to listen to the whole thing (I nearly gave up myself), but felt it could help provide a legend or guide the same way I used an earlier notes of the first two hours to help track where I was.