Church's Latest Real Estate Scheme

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Church's Latest Real Estate Scheme

Post by _Kishkumen »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-deseret-metropolis-state-review-20150704-story.html#

The Florida Department of Environmental Protection said in a one-page report it conducted a "detailed review" of a plan by Osceola and Deseret Ranches to host a decades-long rise of a Central Florida metropolis of a half-million residents within a 133,000-acre corner of the county.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Re: Church's Latest Real Estate Scheme

Post by _sunstoned »

BKP's question of which way to you face comes to mind. I think it is pretty clear which way the church is facing. The Bible is pretty clear on what Christ thought about riches, so I wonder how the top 15 square their actions with the scriptures.

You cannot serve god and mammon.
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

Kishkumen wrote:http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-deseret-metropolis-state-review-20150704-story.html#

The Florida Department of Environmental Protection said in a one-page report it conducted a "detailed review" of a plan by Osceola and Deseret Ranches to host a decades-long rise of a Central Florida metropolis of a half-million residents within a 133,000-acre corner of the county.

ho.ly.crap.

this is an epic move here. a half a million person development?

that is the size of albequerque or sacramento. good lord.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

if there is any truth to this, i would expect they will be lining up some board members or apostles for this very soon. this would be perhaps the biggest development ever and i cannot imagine they would not bring the manager of this inside the loop and tie their services up for life, along with their secrets.

honestly, i can see them going after someone like mitt for this. i know that is outlandish and crazy, but so is a 500,000 person development.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

True Detective season three.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Blixa wrote:True Detective season three.

That would assure that never before has a series with so much promise from its first season become so boring, so quickly.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Ha!

No one listens to those regulatory agencies. When a business plan is put forth by people who know how to get things done, it gets done. Palms need to be greased? Fine. Animals sacrificed? Fine. Volcanoes jumped into? We've got plenty of missionaries. We know how to get things done.

Billions are at stake. Got to get rid of this land before the sea rises. When it does, we can reclaim it as choice seaside property. We'll get New Yorkers by the droves!

No other Church puts forth such bold business plans. This proves our truth. Now if only Senator Lee and his small clipping service assistant D.C. Peterson can get that Tax Proof bill through Congress, we will be sitting like the cat that ate the Cinepro canary.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

What is it the Church does again?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_mackay11
_Emeritus

Post by _mackay11 »

I have a question wrote:What is it the Church does again?

Ironic that the banner ad the top of the page when I clicked through was for the "World Food Program: Fighting Hunger Worldwide."

http://imgur.com/TFrlaMK
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

Shouldn't they be building this in Missouri instead of Florida?
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo