On Going Inactive

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Re: On Going Inactive

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

ldsfaqs wrote:I've already been an anti-mormon and anti-religion.... Which is why I know truthfully and accurately how complete a joke and wrong such thought patterns are.

For the love of Doc Shades, PLEASE get back on your grammar meds. Your grammar is atrocious.
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

jaberwocky wrote:The fact that no one seems to care that you're gone should tell you what kind of member you were and not necessarily the type of members the ones remaining are. I feel sorry for the fact that you made such a low impression on others that they don't care if you're there or not.

Are you a lone sock or did you come in a pair?
_cafe crema
_Emeritus

Post by _cafe crema »

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
jaberwocky wrote:The fact that no one seems to care that you're gone should tell you what kind of member you were and not necessarily the type of members the ones remaining are. I feel sorry for the fact that you made such a low impression on others that they don't care if you're there or not.

Who was that guy, friend of DP, long gray hair, there was a picture of him in his truck? This post reminds me of him.
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Polygamy-Porter wrote:

cafe crema wrote:Who was that guy, friend of DP, long gray hair, there was a picture of him in his truck? This post reminds me of him.

You think this is a sock of Kerry?
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Polygamy-Porter wrote:You think this is a sock of Kerry?

nan, he's talking about Will
_cafe crema
_Emeritus

Post by _cafe crema »

RockSlider wrote:
Polygamy-Porter wrote:You think this is a sock of Kerry?

nan, he's talking about Will

That's the one.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

consiglieri wrote:Earlier this month, my wife got a call from a sister in the ward announcing she is my wife's new visiting teacher, and asking if she could come over and visit.

This is a lady my wife has "known" for years but has never said a single word to her at church or otherwise.

My wife told this sister that she is welcome to come to the house to visit, but that my wife didn't really want to talk about church stuff.

The sister expressed mild surprise over this.

My wife told the sister she must be aware that we haven't been to church for a year and a half.

The sister said she was not aware of this.

My wife expressed mild surprise over this . . .

Mormon's, like work colleagues, are consumed by their own needs and difficulties. Interaction with others comes out of necessity - they need you to do something, they need something from you etc, rather than from a desire to be collegiate. Members are busy managing their own lives and will interact with other members (who aren't family) on the same basis - they need you to do something, they need something from you (in the case of your wife's VT she is a tick in a box on a report that will make the VY feel less guilty about herself).

It is interesting (and disappointing) to find out who values you for you. When falling away from the Church I could count on the thumb of one hand the number of non-family members who maintained an interest in unconditional friendship. I have to say exactly the same of my immediate family, whose relationship with me became much colder and more distant when I was having nothing to do with Church.

Members now only speak to me when they want something, or want to feel better about themselves.
And, now that 'No' is a comfortable response for me to give, I'm okay with that. I'm okay with it because I don't put any effort into maintaining contact either. So I'm not complaining. I'm not apportioning blame to members, it's a 50/50 thing. I'm pointing out that my relationship with non-family Church members was solely around an interaction similar to a work colleague. Once I didn't 'work' there any longer there was no need of a relationship with any of those 'colleagues' nor them with me.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

ldsfaqs wrote:Haaa haa.....

And to think some 8 years ago or something with all your anti-mormon posts while claiming to be a believing mormom you mocked me when I said it wouldn't be long before you left the church and was an anti-mormon then and now.

I've never been wrong yet on this forum of anything I've said, save a couple of mistakes which I fully admitted and corrected over the years.
Anyway..... I see all.

I am not now, nor have I ever been, an anti-Mormon.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

RockSlider wrote:
Your day is coming, and trust us, its a bitter pill.

It sometimes seems he has already swallowed it.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

There may be some truth in that.

But why does that remind me of something Joseph Smith said?

Oh, wait a second. Here it is:

--having been forbidden to join any of the religious sects of the day, and being of very tender years, and persecuted by those who ought to have been my friends and to have treated me kindly, and if they supposed me to be deluded to have endeavored in a proper and affectionate manner to have reclaimed me--

JSH 1:28