Oaks complains about the Christmas cards he gets

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Sammy Jankins
_Emeritus

Oaks complains about the Christmas cards he gets

Post by _Sammy Jankins »

_spotlight
_Emeritus

Re: Oaks complains about the Christmas cards he gets

Post by _spotlight »

He should just be happy none of them mention salamanders. :lol:
Kolob’s set time is “one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest” (Abraham 3:4). I take this as a round number. - Gee
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

That's it. He's off my Christmas card list. Ingrate.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Falcon A
_Emeritus

Post by _Falcon A »

Wow Elder Oats, talk about looking a gift tapir in the mouth!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Happy birthday, Jesus!

:lol:
_toon
_Emeritus

Post by _toon »

And I call BS on his percentages. 24%? 47%? 29%? He tallied them up and calculated the percentages. I think he's pulling a Dunn.
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

The kind of cards he's railing against ARE traditional cards. Those phrases and pictures he finds so offensive have been a staple of Christmas cards since they were invented.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Chuck Finley
_Emeritus

Post by _Chuck Finley »

toon wrote:And I call BS on his percentages. 24%? 47%? 29%? He tallied them up and calculated the percentages. I think he's pulling a Dunn.

You know what, I wouldn't be shocked if some poor schlub did do all this tallying. I would bet, however, it was a secretary. Unless they have senior missionaries who function as clerical types, in which case I could see their time being directed toward such meaningful pursuits. Emphasis on the word directed.
Proud to be the first of the "February Four" expelled from the Ceebooist branch of NeverMormonism.
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

Blixa wrote:The kind of cards he's railing against ARE traditional cards. Those phrases and pictures he finds so offensive have been a staple of Christmas cards since they were invented.

IKR!

------

I could totally see his ignoring his family while counting up the piles of cards. LMAO

Reason for the season, my arse.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_suniluni2
_Emeritus

Post by _suniluni2 »

Sammy Jankins wrote:Image

Don't say "faith, hope and love" but have religiously suggestive pictures, and remember his teachings. Got it. Great message from a special witness.