Leaked videos of meetings with the Q15

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Re: Leaked videos of meetings with the Q15

Post by _cwald »

mentalgymnast wrote:
That's where you and I would disagree.

Regards,
MG

Using mental gymnastics to justify and excuse bad behavior is not a virtue.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

mental wrote:
grindael wrote:
I've found no value in anything you've said, you ooze disingenuousness. And I would never take anything you say personally since you are simply just another anonymous apologist.

The feeling is mutual. But I said it first. Nananananana...

Question to self: why am I, a sixty-year old+ man playing on this playground with this kid?

Time for some real genuflection.

Are we done yet, grindael?

Regards,
MG

Actually, you just lied again, because you said you found value in my historical quotes. So you can't even get that right. And if you meant time for some real respect, well, you respect nothing about this place so yeah, why are you here? At this point perhaps getting on your knees will help you, but I doubt it. (if that is what you meant, hard to tell with you, your command of English is so piss-poor). You will even go to lengths to warn others away, but unlike those that truly have integrity, you say one thing and do another. Are you afraid that all those NOM's will also see through you? And "best wishes"? Like I said above, save the platitudes, you've made it clear how you really feel. ARE you done yet?
Last edited by Guest on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

honorentheos wrote:To be fair MG, I do think you offer a unique perspective for MDB posters and draw a fair amount of as hominal attacks. You also give some and let the "live and let live" response take the place of discussion which I think frustrates people looking for more substantial justifications of your positions. I recent revisited MDD and was reminded of how easily responses from the home team peanut gallery can fail to reflect on the actual substance of the discussion, though, and it's fair to say you get some of that here too.

I appreciate those thoughts and I heartily concur.

Regards,
MG
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

mentalgymnast wrote:
honorentheos wrote:.... You also give some [ad hominem attacks] and let the "live and let live" response take the place of discussion which I think frustrates people looking for more substantial justifications of your positions....

I appreciate those thoughts and I heartily concur.

Regards,
MG

With the middle sentence also, excerpted above? Great to hear!!
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

mentalgymnast wrote:I AM doing mentalgymnastics. Is that inherently evil/bad? I don't think so. In fact, it's kind of fun. Have you ever attempted to do so?

Regards,
MG

Excellent point. In the world of apologetics, rather than using the word "lying", we could think in terms of make-believe. That way we can defend the Gospel and treat ourselves to a healthy dose of fantasy. Rather than being a penguin, I could say I was a walrus and have "goo goo g'joob" as a signature line.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

It just made the NY Times

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

And it's not great for the MoChurch:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/us/mo ... eaked.html

I mean, it's a pretty straightforward piece. It does establish that the Mormon church is more PAC than spiritual in nature, though.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Hades
_Emeritus

Post by _Hades »

I was taught to believe these highly spiritual men ran the church by meeting with Jesus everyday. Now I find out they are just old buffoons who talk to Gong everyday. They think a homosexual is someone who come down with "the gay".
I'm the apostate your bishop warned you about.
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Hades wrote:I was taught to believe these highly spiritual men ran the church by meeting with Jesus everyday. Now I find out they are just old buffoons who talk to Gong everyday. They think a homosexual is someone who come down with "the gay".

I was taught and thought the same thing at a young age. I grew out of it. I realized a long time ago that their meetings are no different than the meetings held in the top story of Trump Towers or bowels of the Clinton Foundation. The only difference now is we now have proof.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_CameronMO
_Emeritus

Post by _CameronMO »

Tator wrote:
Hades wrote:I was taught to believe these highly spiritual men ran the church by meeting with Jesus everyday. Now I find out they are just old buffoons who talk to Gong everyday. They think a homosexual is someone who come down with "the gay".

I was taught and thought the same thing at a young age. I grew out of it. I realized a long time ago that their meetings are no different than the meetings held in the top story of Trump Towers or bowels of the Clinton Foundation. The only difference now is we now have proof.

Excellent point, Tator. I've recently thought that giving money to the LDS church is no different than giving it to Trump. They're probably competitors. Both are into real estate, malls, housing developments, etc.
Trimble, you ignorant sack of rhinoceros puss. The only thing more obvious than your lack of education is the foul stench that surrounds you.