Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by Jersey Girl »

How in the hell could I make something up that is right in front of your face?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:46 pm
Bought Yahoo wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:39 pm
Board nanny.
Illiterate “F” face.

- Doc
Don't worry. I can read. Not your nanny stuff, though.
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

Sledge wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:07 pm
I thought you were making it up. So are you uninviting me here, officially?
I believe she is suggesting there is another forum, ON THIS VERY BOARD, that may be more suitable to your sensibilities. If you go to the Board Index, it is entitled the "Celestial Forum."*

*I realize Jersey Girl mentioned "Paradise" but that is one of the Off-Topic forums on this board.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

The Stig wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:28 pm
Sledge wrote:
I believe she is suggesting there is another forum, ON THIS VERY BOARD, that may be more suitable to your sensibilities. If you go to the Board Index, it is entitled the "Celestial Forum."*

*I realize Jersey Girl mentioned "Paradise" but that is one of the Off-Topic forums on this board.
Yes I did.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Sledge wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:41 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Anyway. That's it. We're just people doing what people do. Me, I'm going back out to refill that mud puddle. :(
Could you imagine a paradise where, I dunno, for one day (maybe that's too much)--one hour--nobody mentioned DCP or John Dehlin?

Oh wait, there wouldn't be a board.
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Probably true. And half of those are probably you complaining about this board. Awesome content, smooth shark.

- Doc
Irony.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jason Bourne
Star A

Post by Jason Bourne »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:54 pm
Jason Bourne wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:29 pm

When the old board dies I tried for quite some time to find this new board. No success. I stumbled onto it recently when a few Facebook friends that post here posted something about the Dehlin Rosebud thread. Thus I found the new address and signed up today. This is not a slight to you or anyone. My time on Mormon discussion boards is quite a bit less for a variety of reasons which I don't want to go into in detail. But one is debating things Mormon is less interesting to me than it once was and has seemed mostly a futile effort. I try to read other things. Since you and I do go way back if you want, send me a private message and I can give you my new email address and we can catch up privately.
Mormonism and related issues aren't of interest to me, except for as I said, the behavioral observations I make then try to make sense of. I do recognize that it is a relevant topic and of interest to many. I can't really criticize what people are interested in, what they might be going through (example: exit process), or why they are here.

These types of debate topics may seem a futile effort to you, but remember this. I knew you when you were an EV preacher posing as an LDS Bishop. ;-) My attitude towards you and your journey, and who you are as a human being has never changed. Just like Kerry, you are the same person I took a shine to way back then regardless of your religious journey. There are lots of people here still working things out and also people who like to keep up with current events.

Something drew you to register and post here. I'm only disappointed in how you entered the scene here. If you came for the Dehlin threads, you should read them. There's tons of good incidental information in them that I wouldn't have expected to emerge here.
I came back here because I missed being here but the Dehlin threads did draw my attention. But I am glad to be back.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

The Stig wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:28 pm
Sledge wrote:

It’s already been pointed out, but, as we’ve learned from the Mo’s that pop in and out they’re more concerned with being concerned about the Terrestrial forum than they are about actually contributing good content to any forum. One of the main apologists that used to frequent the old board would complain regularly about the incivility on the Terrestrial forum, but declined many, many invitations to post on the Celestial forum because they were oh so damned busy.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
It’s already been pointed out, but, as we’ve learned from the Mo’s that pop in and out they’re more concerned with being concerned about the Terrestrial forum than they are about actually contributing good content to any forum. One of the main apologists that used to frequent the old board would complain regularly about the incivility on the Terrestrial forum, but declined many, many invitations to post on the Celestial forum because they were oh so stupid busy.

- Doc
Yeah ‘coz no one posts on those other forums. Face it, this is a gossip/tabloid community based around SeN and Interpreter.
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

Sledge wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 10:12 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
It’s already been pointed out, but, as we’ve learned from the Mo’s that pop in and out they’re more concerned with being concerned about the Terrestrial forum than they are about actually contributing good content to any forum. One of the main apologists that used to frequent the old board would complain regularly about the incivility on the Terrestrial forum, but declined many, many invitations to post on the Celestial forum because they were oh so stupid busy.

- Doc
Yeah ‘coz no one posts on those other forums. Face it, this is a gossip/tabloid community based around SeN and Interpreter.
And yet, here you are.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Sledge wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 10:12 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Probably true. And half of those are probably you complaining about this board. Awesome content, smooth shark.

- Doc