Trump finally found someone to sing at the inauguration!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_why me
_Emeritus

Re: Trump finally found someone to sing at the inauguration!

Post by _why me »

moksha wrote:It might be a good idea for Donald Trump to get on the phone with Vladimir Putin and arrange for Russian opera singer Anna Netrebko and a dozen dancers from the Bolshoi Ballet to perform. Invite the members of the Russian government hacking program, who helped Donald Trump attain the Presidency, as well. With their hacking skills, they could rig up a system to play some of Beyonce's yet to be released hit singles.

Interesting. So you have seen the proof that it was the russians? Has it been released to the media? I haven't seen anything about the proof that it was the russians. Clinton lost the election because she was a flawed candidate who made huge mistakes on the campaign trail. She avoided interviews like the plague. And she ran only an antitrump campaign. Nothing more. Lets see the evidence that it was the russians.
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

why me wrote:
DrW wrote:Hey Sweatheart,

The Iraq war was started by the last Republican president who lost the popular vote, well known at home and abroad as the "Worst Ever".

Now we have Trump, who lost the popular vote by an even greater margin than did GWB - something like 2.8 million votes.

And what we got this time, after 8 precious years of sanity, is a bigoted, racist, misogynistic, pussy grabber, who is clueless about the Constitution and the duties of a president and doesn't seem to give a crap.

Lets see....8 years of sanity? First, we have the Obama/Clinton war with Libya and the chaos that followed. Now, hundreds of thousands of migrants from africa are flowing into europe because libya is a failed state. Wonderful. Thank you Obama.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/po ... .html?_r=0

And then we have the failed Arab Spring which Obama supported. And the rise of Isis under Obama. All good. Of course, it has been a problem with American foreign policy: interfering with the internal affairs of other countries. And of course we have Obama involved with the overthrow of the Ukraine president. Here is an interesting conversation between two members of the US government:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV9J6sxCs5k

And here they are with the kiev demonstrators:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVs2tcSyyuA

Amazing isn't it? Sanity?

Unfortunately, I do believe that the democrats will always now win the popular vote when it comes to the presidency. It is just demographics. Very difficult for a republican to win the popular vote which is one reason many democrats want to abolish the electoral college.

Obama is going out with a 55% approval rating from the American public, having achieved a high of 69% during his presidency. Trump is taking office with a generously estimated 40% approval rating, having previously languished around 35% - 37%. As president elect, he is supported by well under half the people in the country.

And your problem with the democratic concept of "one man = one vote" is??
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

I think Trump will eventually just have to have family sing and tap dance... :cry:
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

[quote="DrW"

Obama is going out with a 55% approval rating from the American public, having achieved a high of 69% during his presidency. Trump is taking office with a generously estimated 40% approval rating, having previously languished around 35% - 37%. As president elect, he is supported by well under half the people in the country.

And your problem with the democratic concept of [b]"one man = one vote"
is??[/b][/quote]

However, most Americans believed the country was heading in the wrong direction.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... y-902.html

You need to understand why the electoral college was instituted. It was to take power away from the cities so that it could be spread to the more rural areas and to the frontier where additional states would form etc or where americans would be living. There were other reasons also:

http://www.historycentral.com/elections ... gewhy.html

When one looks at the popular vote one sees why the college is important. It is no secret that most migrants who come to the US vote democratic. And this would include african americans too. California would have a very difficult time voting republican when it comes to the presidency. New York also because of New York City. So, the democrats have these two states with many electoral votes. And it is no secret that Obama was placing demcratic voters and possible democratic voters in Red states to make them more competitive for the democrats.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local ... 16422.html

This is no accident under obama. And if clinton were elected, the flood of migrants into red states would have increased.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

why me wrote:This is no accident under obama. And if clinton were elected, the flood of migrants into red states would have increased.

This would probably have been to the benefit of the red states, most of which nowadays are on the federal dole. The largest, and one of the strongest, state economies in the country is that of the (very liberal) blue state of California, which is home to more migrants than most states in the country.

The conservative anti-government Republicans in states like Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and Montana survive because the money they get from the federal government from taxes paid by blue states such as California, Illinois, New York and Washington.

Before accusing migrants of coming to the US to get onto the federal dole, the Republican states that are on the dole should should put their own houses in order.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

DrW wrote:
why me wrote:This is no accident under obama. And if clinton were elected, the flood of migrants into red states would have increased.

This would probably have been to the benefit of the red states, most of which nowadays are on the federal dole. The largest, and one of the strongest, state economies in the country is that of the (very liberal) blue state of California, which is home to more migrants than most states in the country.

The conservative anti-government Republicans in states like Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and Montana survive because the money they get from the federal government from taxes paid by blue states such as California, Illinois, New York and Washington.

Hey, no fair!
You can't use facts in a conversation with Why Me, he's not that kind of poster...
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

I have a question wrote:
Hey, no fair!
You can't use facts in a conversation with Why Me, he's not that kind of poster...

Except that I provide links for support.
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

DrW wrote:
Before accusing migrants of coming to the US to get onto the federal dole, the Republican states that are on the dole should should put their own houses in order.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/upsh ... spora.html

Case in point. Soon, there will be a one party state in the US when it comes to the presidency. Trump was the only republican that could have beaten clinton.Who mentioned the dole?
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

why me wrote:
DrW wrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/upsh ... spora.html

Case in point. Soon, there will be a one party state in the US when it comes to the presidency. Trump was the only republican that could have beaten clinton.

That statement says more about the low quality of the Republican candidate clown car than it does about anything else that matters.

_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

You must have read a different article. Migration is on the move and dems are heading to red states for better life quality and for work. But they still vote democratic. And migrants who have arrived rather recently when they become citizens vote democratic, especially the hispanics. Republicans tend to be traditional, white, and like Americana and during the 8 years of obama were forgotten. Thus, the outrage that they have. And they voted for trump. And 8 years ago and four years many voted for obama. He just forgot them during the 8 years in office.
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith