DCP Decries "Mormon" Neo-Nazis

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

DCP Decries "Mormon" Neo-Nazis

Post by _Kishkumen »

Every responsible Mormon voice with some audience should feel obligated to do the same.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeterson/2017/08/beyond-repulsive-far-beyond.html

Neo-Nazis are not patriots; they are enemies of the nation.

I would go way beyond the clear implications of DCP's post to state that a Neo-Nazi or white supremacist is an apostate and should be excommunicated from the LDS Church, unless he or she repents and repudiates white supremacism and Neo-Nazism.

There is no room for white supremacists in Mormonism.

I will go way, way beyond Peterson's post to state vociferously: It is time for the LDS Church to repudiate past teachings about race. The spreading cancer of white supremacism must be given no home in the Mormon faith.

DCP quotes:

2 Nephi 10:5 wrote:O ye Gentiles, have ye remembered the Jews, mine ancient covenant people? Nay; but ye have cursed them, and have hated them, and have not sought to recover them. But behold, I will return all these things upon your own heads; for I the Lord have not forgotten my people.

To which I add:

2 Nephi 26 wrote:33 For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Decries "Mormon" Neo-Nazis

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Oh. Well. Ok.

How does he square his virtue signaling with the Church's long and well-documented anti-Semitism? Because, while I agree with him in principle, his timing is kind of interesting. Why now?

eta: His odd, to put it nicely, defense of Confederate traitors to the Union provides a fantastically kind revisionism to their atrocities. It's pretty disgusting.

- Doc
Last edited by Guest on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Post by _deacon blues »

Daniel Peterson made some good points, but posting a picture of Joseph Smith with a Hitler mustache is sure to ruffle feathers; perhaps it will be banned on the BYU campus.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

So the 20 year old is a Trump supporter, Trump's message is helping the Neo-Nazis.
DP needs to point out that 60% of LDS voted for Trump, they need to feel some remorse.

Charlottesville mayor on Trump: 'Look at the campaign he ran'
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/13/politics/ ... index.html
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Well........ everyone knows Jesus is a white long haired hippie with unpriesthood like facial hair.... all you have to do is look at the paintings, or the marble statue of him in the Idaho Falls temple visitor center or in Salt Lake City..... :biggrin:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Will the First Presidency and Quorum Of The 12 Apostles issue a statement to the same effect as DCP's?

If not, what does that tell us about them?

FTR I wholeheartedly agree with DCP on this one, and like Kish I'd consider them apostates as their stated beliefs are at odds with Church doctrine.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

I have a question wrote:Will the First Presidency and Quorum Of The 12 Apostles issue a statement to the same effect as DCP's?

If not, what does that tell us about them?

At this moment the church only cares about religious freedom religious freedom religious freedom religious freedom
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

A good first step towards a repudiation of anti-Semitism in the LDS Church would be to rename their BYU Law School after someone other than their most famous anti-Semite.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

moksha wrote:A good first step towards a repudiation of anti-Semitism in the LDS Church would be to rename their BYU Law School after someone other than their most famous anti-Semite.

Good catch.
J. Reuben Clark Jnr said....
"Since they are not entitled to the Priesthood, the Church discourages social intercourse with the negro race, because such intercourse leads to marriage, and the offspring possess negro blood and is therefore subject to the inhibition set out in our Scripture."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Reuben_Clark#Approach_toward_minorities

"America must cease to be the cess-pool into which shall drain the foul sewage of Europe."

And....
Quinn notes that "there was one ethnic group, however, for whom Reuben expressed lifelong dislike and distrust—the Jewish people."[56] According to Quinn, Clark kept several copies of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion in his personal library and shared it and other anti-Jewish publications with colleagues and acquaintances.[57] He expressed anti-Jewish attitudes in "code words publicly and in specifics privately" and used his church position to obstruct what he perceived as "Jewish influence."[58] After Nazi Germany’s annexation of Austria, Clark denied desperate pleas by Austrian Mormon converts from Judaism who sought the church’s help in emigrating to safety.[59]

What a guy....
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Although the white nationalist movement in America has endured for decades, it remained highly marginalized with virtually no influence on the mainstream culture and certainly not over public policy. The candidacy of Donald Trump, however, was the catalyst that enabled a disparate collection of groups, which included white nationalists, to coalesce in what has come to be known as the alt-right....

The events of the year 2016 suggest that the movement has succeeded. Now that the movement has been mobilized and demonstrated its relevance, the alt-right is likely to grow, gaining a firmer foothold in both American politics and culture.

http://www.skeptic.com/reading_room/ris ... n-america/
Last edited by Guest on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.