Where is the north land where the 10 tribes are?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Re: Where is the north land where the 10 tribes are?

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Shulem wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:
This statement is inscribed by Willard Richards. Between late 1841 and early 1842, correct? There are no earlier iterations that have survived. And it was copied from a prior draft made at another time, right?

Is it a direct quote from Joseph Smith? Can the dots...words...be connected directly to him?

If not, should we conclude that this statement is authoritative?

On the other hand, is it reasonable to conclude/hypothesize that this statement was made under, as you say, "his authority and proclaims things in the name of Jesus Christ and by the power of the Spirit"?

The statement is authoritative and is direct from President Smith, himself.

Can you demonstrate/show this to be the case rather than simply stating this as though it were a fact?

Regards,
MG
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

mentalgymnast wrote:Can you demonstrate/show this to be the case rather than simply stating this as though it were a fact?

Not in this thread. This thread is about the 10 tribes. You'll need to open another thread and then I'll kick your ass all over the place.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Shulem wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:Can you demonstrate/show this to be the case rather than simply stating this as though it were a fact?

Not in this thread. This thread is about the 10 tribes. You'll need to open another thread and then I'll kick your ass all over the place.

It doesn't seem as though it would be all that hard to do...neat and tidy...here...and move on. Just show that the words that you're attributing to Joseph Smith are actually his words, verbatim.

The thread isn't going much of anywhere else right now anyway... :smile:

Regards,
MG
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

mentalgymnast wrote:

It doesn't seem as though it would be all that hard to do...neat and tidy...here...and move on. Just show that the words that you're attributing to Joseph Smith are actually his words, verbatim.

Not biting, troll.

Open a new thread. Then I'm going to kick your ass like I did zerinus but much worse. By the time I'm done with you you'll wish you never trolled this board.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Shulem wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:

Not biting...

Well, OK then.

Regards,
MG
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Well, OK then.

Regards,
MG

I see you are afraid to start up a thread. I think you know he knows a lot more about the subject then you or I.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Themis wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:
Well, OK then.

Regards,
MG

I see you are afraid to start up a thread. I think you know he knows a lot more about the subject then you or I.

Yep, he's afraid because he knows it would be the mother of threads and I will take him down and beat his sorry ass in front of himself and the whole board. I will shove the Book of Abraham and Joseph's Facsimiles down his throat until he chokes to death and his testimony explodes within his wormy mind.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Themis wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:
Well, OK then.

Regards,
MG

I have no doubt about that. My question had to do more with this:

The above translation is given as far as we have any right to give at the present time.

http://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper- ... ical-intro

See historical introduction dropdown.

What is the provenance of this explanation/statement? I had only one or two questions that I thought he could answer quickly. And that's about all I was interested in. I would not go toe to toe with him when it comes to all the stuff he knows in regards to the Book of Abraham. He's an expert, from what I have been led to believe. I'm not.

I just had a couple of questions...

I'm assuming he can answer those. :smile:

Regards,
MG
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

I was always intrigued by that statement myself. I have assumed that, like other statements in the facsimile interpretation, it was suggesting that some information could only be given in the temple.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

MG
I just had a couple of questions...

I'm assuming he can answer those. :smile:

Regards,
MG

Then start a new thread already. Sheesh! This one is about the mythology of the lost ten tribes........
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."