Mission Stories

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Re: Mission Stories

Post by _Meadowchik »

Dr. Shades wrote:"OTHO" = "On The Hand Other?"

Oh goodness me, I did a typo. Sumimasen.

Dr. Shades wrote:The Depression hit in 1929. If they stopped short having kids at that time, then they were already married with one or more kids. In that case, they're in their 110s, not their 70s.

I said, "the depression." Both my parents struggled with depression for years. It became debilitating after the birth of my little brother, but it took until the next baby for them to decide that eight was enough. I'm sorry for my confusing wording, I should have caught that.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Meadowchik wrote:Oh goodness me, I did a typo. Sumimasen.

Can you speak Japanese?

Dr. Shades wrote:I said, "the depression." Both my parents struggled with depression for years.

So, their depression, then.

I apologize for my confusion.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Meadowchik wrote:Oh goodness me, I did a typo. Sumimasen.

Can you speak Japanese?

Dr. Shades wrote:I said, "the depression." Both my parents struggled with depression for years.

So, their depression, then.

I apologize for my confusion.

I don't speak Japanese, but I looked it up. Thought you might like to hear it.

And no worries. In hindsight, my wording was confusing, with "the depression hit," and the talk of beans and cornbread.

For me, the story was all part of what so often happens with LDS. They marry young, have babies young, they get overwhelmed with it, and the whole family suffers. I followed that path myself. I had 5 babies before I was 30, and twins 4 years later. We were lucky that my husband found a good job where we were able to pay off our BYU debt. We are lucky that our kids are doing pretty well now, despite how inadequately prepared we were to be parents.