Facsimile No. 3 printing plate reveals jackal head Anubis

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Facsimile No. 3 printing plate reveals jackal head Anubi

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Michael Hoggan wrote:Joseph was not an Egyptologist.

No, but God is. In fact, God--the one who gave Joseph the translation--is the most profoundly knowledgeable Egyptologist who ever has or ever will exist--infinitely more so than even the Egyptians themselves.

That's the thing these Mopologists always conveniently choose to leave out.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Paul,

There is actually one other option as to whom the character might have been before someone removed half of his face, in fact they are twins and very good friends of mine....

https://www.google.com/search?q=spy+vs+ ... H5DGmfSBGM:
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Markk wrote:Paul,

There is actually one other option as to whom the character might have been before someone removed half of his face, in fact they are twins and very good friends of mine....

https://www.google.com/search?q=spy+vs+ ... H5DGmfSBGM:

Now THOSE are snouts!
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Res Ipsa wrote:Now THOSE are snouts!

Indeed they are.

All fun aside: The person designated as No. 6 in Facsimile No. 3 as published by the church in the Times and Seasons is reduced to the level of a slave. Mormon revelation from its blasphemous press given to the whole world declares that a god of Egypt is little more than a slave.

This is not acceptable then and it's not acceptable today. The church needs to detract this horrible declaration or continue to face the consequences that will hound it until it makes that change. The church has no choice but to make that change. The sooner the better!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Slave becomes a god

Mormon church dumps Book of Abraham Facsimiles from its canon declaring they were opinions of the time, not revelation!
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Shulem wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:Now THOSE are snouts!

Indeed they are.

All fun aside: The person designated as No. 6 in Facsimile No. 3 as published by the church in the Times and Seasons is reduced to the level of a slave. Mormon revelation from its blasphemous press given to the whole world declares that a god of Egypt is little more than a slave.

This is not acceptable then and it's not acceptable today. The church needs to detract this horrible declaration or continue to face the consequences that will hound it until it makes that change. The church has no choice but to make that change. The sooner the better!

At some point the white flag needs to come out on the Book of Abraham. If your find with the plate does not do it, nothing will. I am just sad that my parents passed without realizing just how deceived they were.

I predict we will see a response from the mopologists, stating

"As an add-on to my previous comment, I don't consider it at all unusual for people to modify images in an attempt to illustrate a particular thing. It is also certainly possible for the same image to be used to convey very different things. How many times have you seen an image of a famous figure with a caption that isn't a quote from that person?"

unbelievable
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

The other board, you know, the MORMONS, are taking up the discussion.

Was Facsimile 3 Tampered With, and If So, Why?
_sunstoned
_Emeritus

Post by _sunstoned »

dup
Last edited by kyōhaku on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Shulem wrote:The other board, you know, the MORMONS, are taking up the discussion.

Was Facsimile 3 Tampered With, and If So, Why?

Well Shulem, I think we now know what the official Mopologist position on Facsimile 3 is going to be and you are not going to believe this.

I hope you are sitting down right now. Robert Smith just explained that the figure was wearing an Anubis mask, but Joseph took the mask off? What...The...Freak...

Robert Smith wrote:One might even see remnants of the teeth of that jackal-god (of course it was merely a priest wearing an Anubis mask).
http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/719 ... if-so-why/

I honestly thought I had seen it all.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Shulem wrote:The person designated as No. 6 in Facsimile No. 3 as published by the church in the Times and Seasons is reduced to the level of a slave.

In all fairness to the Saints, they were not reducing Anubis to slave status because he was an Egyptian God, but rather the Saints assigned him slave status because he was drawn in black ink on the papyrus. Big difference. One motive shows religious disrespect and the other shows racism. Anubis might have been given accolades despite his darker skin if he were known to be a polygamist. Early Mormons showed a great deal of reverence for "Mohammedans". Brigham Young might have even granted Anubis a place out by the Salt Flats near the colony of Hawaiian converts.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace