Lemmie wrote:Jersey Girl:
Seriously, you obsess over crap that you know nothing about and relationships that you don't understand. You in a group that formed long before you found us and for some of us, before this board ever took it's first breath.![]()
Everytime I have an opinion about the board that you disagree with, you pull out the “you haven’t been here long enough to understand” card. You’re the one with the obsession, friend.
Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x
-
_Jersey Girl
- _Emeritus
- Posts: 34407
- Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:16 am
Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
Chinese Proverb
-
_Lemmie
- _Emeritus
- Posts: 10590
- Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:25 pm
Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x
Just to get back to the topic.

Louis Midgley gemli 8 minutes ago
And gemli is also free to believe any rubbish he care to adopt. And what he "would think" is just more pointless speculation entertained to bolster his dogmatic religion.
-
_EAllusion
- _Emeritus
- Posts: 18519
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:39 pm
Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x
I love when dogmatic religious apologists attempt to insult atheists by accusing them of being dogmatic religious apologists. At its root, it’s an attempt to create a false equivalence between their reasons for belief and the atheist’s reasoning. The subtext is usually, “You think you are better than me? Well, you’re not!” They just end up using the word religion in such a way that it sounds contemptuous and with the implication that it is contrary to possessing intellectual virtue. Way to tell on yourself.
-
_Lemmie
- _Emeritus
- Posts: 10590
- Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:25 pm
Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x
Also re the OP topic:
Hmm.. gemli has never made an appearance on this board that I am aware of, but that hasn’t stopped midgley from violating at least a dozen Patheos terms of service rule in responding to him. What does milepost2020 consider to be the source of midgley's “unkind” (to put it mildly) words?
milepost2020:
I honestly and seriously doubt that there would be a single unkind word ever said on this board, if it weren't for these strange doctors, apostates and those who fight against all things Dan Peterson.
Hmm.. gemli has never made an appearance on this board that I am aware of, but that hasn’t stopped midgley from violating at least a dozen Patheos terms of service rule in responding to him. What does milepost2020 consider to be the source of midgley's “unkind” (to put it mildly) words?
-
_Philo Sofee
- _Emeritus
- Posts: 6660
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:04 am
Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x
EAllusion wrote:I love when dogmatic religious apologists attempt to insult atheists by accusing them of being dogmatic religious apologists. At its root, it’s an attempt to create a false equivalence between their reasons for belief and the atheist’s reasoning. The subtext is usually, “You think you are better than me? Well, you’re not!” They just end up using the word religion in such a way that it sounds contemptuous and with the implication that it is contrary to possessing intellectual virtue. Way to tell on yourself.
This is soooooo true. If they only knew it how this truly damages their case, the apologists would flee from this defense as fast as they flee from the idea that the Book of Mormon is only inspired fiction.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
-
_moksha
- _Emeritus
- Posts: 22508
- Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:42 pm
Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x
Wrong thread. Will leave this stub instead.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
-
_Morley
- _Emeritus
- Posts: 3542
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:19 pm
Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x
Dr Moore wrote:So here’s the deal I’m offering.
Dan, if you will apologize without reservation for calling me a liar, as explained above, I will donate $1,000 to a charitable organization of your choice. I will send it via certified cashiers check within one week, drawn on a domestic bank, and send photographic proof.
Louis, same deal.
Kiwi/Pahoran, same deal times two. $1,000 for each.
I have a really good deal for you: I'll apologize for half that price. Do you need me to offend you first or can I just go straight to the apology?
Dr Moore, I'm really very sorry.
Please send the $500 to the national ACLU. https://action.aclu.org/give/now
Thanks and you're welcome.
-
_Doctor Scratch
- _Emeritus
- Posts: 8025
- Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:44 pm
Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x
Dr Moore wrote:So here’s the deal I’m offering.
Dan, if you will apologize without reservation for calling me a liar, as explained above, I will donate $1,000 to a charitable organization of your choice. I will send it via certified cashiers check within one week, drawn on a domestic bank, and send photographic proof.
Louis, same deal.
Kiwi/Pahoran, same deal times two. $1,000 for each.
And if the three of you would agree to eliminate the terms “hate site” and “cesspool” and other similarly provocative epithets about the MormonDiscussions board and its heterogeneous membership, and hold good to that deal for 6 months, then I will further donate $10,000 to a charity of Dan’s choice.
Perhaps you may find this offer offensive. I mean it to show seriousness about my belief that these personal attacks should stop, on all sides. I believe all of you (at MD and at SeN) have something to offer but it’s completely and utterly pointless, what I’ve witnessed here lurking for almost a year, in the context of debating the facts underpinning the ultimate truth - which is that we all, quite literally, share a connection as brothers and sisters.
Your call guys.
This is a very bold challenge, Dr. Moore, and I hope it works out. Sure, you might wind up a little lighter in the wallet, but this would be a great and unprecedented act. But it's not going to happen, because it's going to backfire in ways you might not have anticipated. DCP is going to see the figures you're throwing around, and it is going to throw him into a rage. Nothing angers him more than seeing someone else who is more successful to him, and this especially holds true for someone who is an apostate/critic. He simply doesn't have the pocketbook that would enable him to so easily and freely donate that kind of money, and boy: that will make him mad. No matter how much he likes civility, and no matter how much he may like the notion of charitable giving, all of it pales in comparison to how much he hates that you, a critic, have achieved such a level of success and financial flexibility.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
-
_Philo Sofee
- _Emeritus
- Posts: 6660
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:04 am
Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x
Doctor Scratch
This is a very bold challenge, Dr. Moore, and I hope it works out. Sure, you might wind up a little lighter in the wallet, but this would be a great and unprecedented act. But it's not going to happen, because it's going to backfire in ways you might not have anticipated. DCP is going to see the figures you're throwing around, and it is going to throw him into a rage. Nothing angers him more than seeing someone else who is more successful to him, and this especially holds true for someone who is an apostate/critic. He simply doesn't have the pocketbook that would enable him to so easily and freely donate that kind of money, and boy: that will make him mad. No matter how much he likes civility, and no matter how much he may like the notion of charitable giving, all of it pales in comparison to how much he hates that you, a critic, have achieved such a level of success and financial flexibility.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
-
_Dr Moore
- _Emeritus
- Posts: 849
- Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:19 am
Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x
So far all I have seen are two additional accusations of lying by dear Mr Kiwi.
Well. We shall see.
Well. We shall see.