What is with Hillary Clinton what is she doing?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Re: What is with Hillary Clinton what is she doing?

Post by _EAllusion »

subgenius wrote:
EAllusion wrote:Reports out that Gabbard met yesterday with Wallstreet donors to pursue a 3rd party run. She’s at a minimum seriously considering it. This around the same time she went in Hannity to repeat Republican talking points in attacking the impeachment process. Good thing we had another news cycle dragging Clinton for saying something that seemed fairly obvious. Kudos all around.

or Gabbard is auditioning for Fox.
But your tin foil hat is already on thy head.

Keeping score according to Subs:

Clinton Kill List: Totally legit.

Thinking Gabbard is seriously contemplating a 3rd party run after reports of her meeting with major donors in consideration of a 3rd party run and going on Fox's primetime propaganda shows: Crazy conspiracy talk
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Exiled wrote:Did Hillary ever give any evidence as to why she thinks Stein is clearly a Russian agent ...

Agent? Or asset?
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

canpakes wrote:
Exiled wrote:Did Hillary ever give any evidence as to why she thinks Stein is clearly a Russian agent ...

Agent? Or asset?

Yes, she called Stein a Russian asset, not agent. That's a pretty significant difference that exiled flubs.

To the original story, Hillary never claimed what Exiled believes she claimed. The entire outrage media cycle, all the cable news hysteria and newspaper op eds, was based on the NYT misquoting Clinton saying Russia was grooming Gabbard for a 3rd party run when she said Republicans were. And Republicans are obviously doing that. She gets fawning interviews on Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson for a reason. Clinton wasn't saying anything controversial. Likewise, that Gabbard has oddly pro-Russian views and is supported by Russia's propaganda isn't some Clinton specific insight. Clinton is just able to pay attention to the news like anyone. What Clinton said was that Gabbard is a favorite of the Russians, which she is. Like, obviously.

That Exiled keeps going on is a good illustration why issuing a buried retraction in the original story isn't good enough.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

EAllusion wrote:...was based on the NYT misquoting Clinton saying Russia was grooming Gabbard for a 3rd party run when she said Republicans were. And Republicans are obviously doing that.

Gee... I wonder how anyone could confuse the goals of the GOP with those of the Kremlin. That's quite a mystery.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Perfume on my Mind wrote:Gee... I wonder how anyone could confuse the goals of the GOP with those of the Kremlin. That's quite a mystery.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Exiled wrote:
Icarus wrote:You don't seem to pay much attention to anything do you.

Maybe you could answer the question: is it possible to disagree with Hillary and not be a Russian agent/Putin puppet?

I think it's an important question because I don't agree with most of what Hillary says and so does a big percentage of the US population and I want to know if a big part of the US population is so obviously controlled by Putin and Russia, just like Stein and Gabbard so obviously are.

I just want to take a moment to point out Exiled's modus operandi, although I'm not sure Exiled fully understands what he's doing. This is important because, as EA pointed out, Exiled seems to exact the highest of thresholds for proof when it comes to Trump or Conservative issues, but seems all too willing to accept the flimsiest of 'evidence' when it comes to Liberals (which he totes is down with, by the way). This also extends out to Markk, Ceeboo, and a few others to varying degrees. I should also note that some people are just too damned dull to get outside their thick skulls and echo chambers to work an issue over in their minds. I digress...

Professor Cameron's Steps to Confuse and Befuddle an Opponent through Dubiousness and Spuriousness

1) Demand an elaborate, time-consuming comparison between your position and theirs while offering up minimal responses that don't acknowledge points raised.

2) Insist that your opponent provide incontrovertible proof, and anything short of a recorded and signed confession won't be accepted as plausible. Recorded confessions will be assumed to be a deep fake and signed confessions are forgeries.

3) Dismiss their narrative as rubbish immediately (or hair fire or tin foil conspiracy, etc). Do not even read it. Once your opponent goes through the bother to research, gather, collate, compose and write their narrative your job is to discredit it. Make it obvious you tossed their labor-intensive narrative aside like garbage. This will have the effect of demoralizing the target poster. It will make them unwilling to expend the effort again, which is a net win. The sooner you can move the discussion into quips and cliches the better it is for your side.

4) As mentioned above it's extremely important to cherry pick their arguments. Just because they make a good point doesn't mean that you have to respond to it.

5) Quote them and then misrepresent what they said.

6) Attack the source because that's easier than addressing content. I like to call this one 'ad sourcenum'.

7) Confuse your opponent with questions, always questions. The questions need not be relevant. The goal is to get your opponent off their game, and preventing your opponent from making their point. Think Endless Recursion through Irrelevant Questions. Also, do not respond to their leading questions.

8) Just blurt out something, anything, instead of letting points go unchallenged. That, in of itself is a rebuttal and works like a charm. Posting for the sake of posting is as good as posting a well-thought point.

9) Deceive your opponent by identifying yourself as a member of their group, or as a moderate, centrist, independent, or act as though you used to be part of their group but then saw the error of your ways. <- The last one is the Born Again tactic. Or just stay on the low down. Works either way, no?

10) Insert our catch phrases into your posts. Stick with it and our talking points will become truth. If they debunk your talking point, ignore it, and move on because what's important is noise, not content.

11) There's this thing called 'sliding', and you see DCP do it a lot (and they also talk about it a lot on /pol/). LDSFAQs would do this quite a bit. If you want to hide something instead of addressing it, sliding a post is a great way to bury anything that you don't want to be seen. Simply create more posts above the conversation that you want to hide. The posts that you make will push the targeted posts further down, reducing the visibility of the objectionable material.

Any combination of these tactics are in use any given moment by bad actors. Anyway. I just want the audience to see what I see and note their BS when they're doing it.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Exiled.

ASSET. Not agent.

Geesh.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb