Joseph Smith stole the One Eternal Now

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Joseph Smith stole the One Eternal Now

Post by _Shulem »

Joseph Smith stole everything he ever got. He was a common thief to the ultimate degree. He stole from the Masons to make his own cult temple endowment. He stole from the Bible, from novels, and books at his disposal. I just found out where he stole the statement or concept of "One Eternal Now". He was a thief who took credit for everything he ever stole and heaped it to himself as if it was a new revelation.

Joseph Smith wrote: Image

The great Jehovah contemplated the whole of the events connected with the earth, pertaining to the plan of salvation, before it rolled into existence, or ever ‘the morning stars sang together' for joy; the past, the present, and the future were and are, with Him, one eternal "now;"

Joseph Smith stole the one eternal now from the 1830 Methodist Review:

The Methodist Review
Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

One Eternal Round

Post by _Shulem »

Also,

The "one eternal round" found in the Book of Mormon and Doctrine & Covenants was a concept which Joseph Smith used and incorporated into his phony revelations as if they were new and everlasting revelations heard for the first time. It was not new. Joseph Smith had to have known the Methodist Review and simply borrowed (at best) or stole (at worst) without giving credit to the real source but pretending to divine revelations in order to set himself up as the originator of fantastic concepts.

Joseph Smith stole the one eternal round from the 1830 Methodist Review:

one eternal round
_Kittens_and_Jesus
_Emeritus

Re: Joseph Smith stole the One Eternal Now

Post by _Kittens_and_Jesus »

Joseph Smith wasn't actually very creative at all. He went from claiming he could find buried gold with magic rocks and a hat to claiming he could translate golden scriptures (which had been buried) with magic rocks and a hat...

Who buys that kind of nonsense?

To be fair, I used to. I was a TBM for the first 17 years of my life. Still...

Half of the Book of Mormon is "yea verily, I say unto you that it came to pass that inasmuch as..."

Such repetitive mind numbing drivel!

Not to mention the KJV plagiarism. Not much original material at all.
As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. - O'Sensei
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Kittens_and_Jesus wrote:Not to mention the KJV plagiarism.

I agree.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Shulem wrote:Joseph Smith stole everything he ever got. He was a common thief to the ultimate degree. He stole from the Masons to make his own cult temple endowment. He stole from the Bible, from novels, and books at his disposal. He stole other men's wives because he was a horny ____. I just found out where he stole the statement or concept of "One Eternal Now". He was a thief who took credit for everything he ever stole and heaped it to himself as if it was a new revelation.

Joseph Smith wrote: Image

The great Jehovah contemplated the whole of the events connected with the earth, pertaining to the plan of salvation, before it rolled into existence, or ever ‘the morning stars sang together' for joy; the past, the present, and the future were and are, with Him, one eternal "now;"

Joseph Smith stole the one eternal now from the 1830 Methodist Review:

The Methodist Review

This appears to me to be a “Big” find, another smoking gun even. This should be a Terrestrial thread.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I have a question wrote:This appears to me to be a “Big” find, another smoking gun even. This should be a Terrestrial thread.

What a wonderful morning to wake up and find this thread at the top of the heap. Yes, I wish it was in the terrestrial thread and don't recall how it ended up here other than I might have had posting restrictions at the time. I've had many posting restrictions over the years so I can't even begin to keep count of all those punishments.

Maybe Shades will move this up?? Pretty please with sugar on top. Ha ha.

I would love to have consiglieri (Radio Free Mormon) and Kishkumen pick this up. I have a feeling that the "One Eternal Now" sung by Joe the parrot would catch their interest. As a devout Mormon I was under the impression that this was a special revelation revealed to Joe by God himself and that the world didn't understand these things. Boy, was I ever wrong. It turns out the world understood a lot more than I ever realized and I gave Joe to much credit where credit was not due.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Shulem wrote:Maybe Shades will move this up?? Pretty please with sugar on top. Ha ha.

As long as it contains the sentences "[DELETED]" it belongs here in the Telestial Forum.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I removed that nasty bit all together and cleaned up the rest. So, how about it now?

:smile:

Pretty please?
Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Is this Adam Clarke of the “one eternal now” the same person who wrote the commentary Joseph relied upon heavily when doing the JST?
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Shulem wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:As long as it contains the sentences "[DELETED]" it belongs here in the Telestial Forum.

I removed that nasty bit all together and cleaned up the rest. So, how about it now?

You have to delete your quote of it too, you silly man!!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley