Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by _Lemmie »

Louis Midgley DanielPeterson • 2 days ago

I hereby declare Sledge and BLarsen married to Donald Trump, and may they henceforth share his hair and face.

http://disq.us/p/2anav9h
Now that’s actually a pretty good attempt at humor by Midgley. Good job, ole boy! Moksha, I think maybe you are rubbing off on him after all.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:57 pm
Hmm, so without the Book of Mormon being a literal historical record, the brethren have no authority. Good summary, Prof Midgley.
Authority never comes from a book. Authority is always and forever grounded in people giving consent to allow others control over them. Midgley hasn't even got this correct. The brethren only ever have had only as much authority as one grants them to have over oneself. It is people that give and take authority.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Dr Moore
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Moore »

Great point, Philo. I agree. Authority to speak for God is only worth what adherents say it’s worth. Unless infallibility is still on the table.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:53 pm
Lou Midgley
The reason is that they are either knowingly/intentionally doing this because they want a different and less demanding "religious" community, or they just stumble into doing this because it is a current fad or fashion.
Such sophomoric BYU thinking is off the mark. It is neither to me. Is it too hard to ask for a religion that is based on evidenced reality? I could care less on how demanding a religion is. That s irrelevant, hence Lou's argument is flawed.
You know you are talking about religion, right?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Louis Midgley wrote:The fact is that I have never ever been tempted by bitterness and ranor, and always have done my best to make positive contributions. Please try a bit harder not to bring the absurd and insulting false opinions of Professor Peterson and me to sic et non from your own miserable nasty false message board. You and your associates have never ever once read a thing I have published, or know a thing about what I taught at BYU for 36 years.
What about that time when he pummeled his junior high classmate? Does he classify that as a "positive contribution"?
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Lol. O to be delusional. Speaking of...

Louis Midgley Moksha • an hour ago

Moksha is right about violent act and mobs. My recent experience on Gina Colvin's Kiwi Mormon Patheos blog was a cyber version of an old fashioned "tar and feathering," by a cyber mob, was it not? And, if I remember correctly, Moksha was right their in that mob.

http://disq.us/p/2ap9aac
Midgley stalks Colvin on her blog, disparages her religious experiences, gets lds church leaders to violate privacy rules (both of New Zealand and the lds church itself) so he can misrepresent himself to Colvin’s husband when he visits her family’s congregation, after which he uses every tiny bit of (mis)information (a.k.a. misinterpreted information) gained to twist up and repeatedly post horrendous falsehoods about Colvin’s personal life, apparently all because he is insanely jealous that his church asked her to weigh in on the telling of Maori lds history instead of him.

People point out his borderline illegal and certainly immoral behavior online and warn Colvin of his stalking tendencies, which he defines as getting the “cyber version of an old fashioned ‘tar and feathering.’ ”

Self-victimization at its best. Midgley really needs his imaginary enemies.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Poor suffering Midgley.......such a wounded victim is he........ no bias here, just pure objective reality eh MG?
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Mr. Midgley is confused. Or maybe his misrepresentation is intentional?

"My recent experience on Gina Colvin's Kiwi Mormon Patheos blog was a cyber version of an old fashioned "tar and feathering," by a cyber mob, was it not? And, if I remember correctly, Moksha was right their in that mob."

That was a gathering of concerned citizens standing up to a vigilante. If Mr. Midgley thinks really hard, he might recall an earlier post he made on Colvin's blog where he burst in guns blazing, upvoting all insults and downvoting all words of support to Colvin during her transition out of the Church. It was long after Midgley had established his foul intentions toward Colvin that others jumped in and said "enough is enough".
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:10 pm
Louis Midgley wrote:The fact is that I have never ever been tempted by bitterness and ranor, and always have done my best to make positive contributions. Please try a bit harder not to bring the absurd and insulting false opinions of Professor Peterson and me to sic et non from your own miserable nasty false message board. You and your associates have never ever once read a thing I have published, or know a thing about what I taught at BYU for 36 years.
What about that time when he pummeled his junior high classmate? Does he classify that as a "positive contribution"?
Well of course it is Scratch! He smote him in "righteousness," so all is well in Zion, carry on, nothing to see here.....
Dr CamNC4Me
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:23 am
Mr. Midgley is confused. Or maybe his misrepresentation is intentional?

"My recent experience on Gina Colvin's Kiwi Mormon Patheos blog was a cyber version of an old fashioned "tar and feathering," by a cyber mob, was it not? And, if I remember correctly, Moksha was right their in that mob."

That was a gathering of concerned citizens standing up to a vigilante. If Mr. Midgley thinks really hard, he might recall an earlier post he made on Colvin's blog where he burst in guns blazing, upvoting all insults and downvoting all words of support to Colvin during her transition out of the Church. It was long after Midgley had established his foul intentions toward Colvin that others jumped in and said "enough is enough".
Remember, Mormons are, by dint and example of leadership priesthood training, only able to present the "facts" as they fit their own chosen narrative, otherwise we all would do very well indeed to remember, "some truths aren't very useful." Historians who want to present the full picture are just not very trustworthy. We're lookin at you Pecker Packer.
Dr CamNC4Me