Boy Scouts sets aside a 1billion dollar fund to address claims

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Boy Scouts sets aside a 1billion dollar fund to address claims

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Hello Folks,

I am not sure if anyone is interested in this topic but since there have been numerous complaints filed against BSA on the part of Mormon scouts, I thought I'd like to put it here for you. Maybe you know someone who needs this information who thought the bankruptcy filing eliminated their opportunity to make claim?

This is a criminal defense attorney out of Denver who happens to do a crime youtube channel. I checked him out a long time ago. He's totally legit. Link is in his comment below.

Crime Talk 3 hours ago
The Boy Scouts of America have filed for bankruptcy protection. The Boy Scouts have set aside a fund with $1 Billion for claims related to verbal abuse, inappropriate touching, requesting personal favors for "rewards," derogatory, sexual or racist comments, unnecessarily photographing, and verbal or physical threats. YOU MUST ACT BY NOVEMBER 16, 2020. You can make a claim even if you have never reported the incident to anyone. go to www.crimetalkbsa.com and make a claim.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Re: Boy Scouts sets aside a 1billion dollar fund to address claims

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Jersey,

These lawsuits are not just against the Boy Scouts. The LDS church is being named as a defendant in most of these cases, and probably has more legal exposure for a variety of reasons..

It’s probably a good thing the church has a 124 billion dollar slush fund for times like these.

Kirton McConkie is estimating the church’s exposure for these Boy Scout related lawsuits is between 3 to 8 billion and that’s what they’ve told the leadership to expect.

Looks like there were lot’s of Boy Scouts being abused by priesthood leaders. Shameful.

I guess we can all take solace in President Eyring’s words, “God chooses the men he wants to lead the LDS Church — and it’s never a mistake.’
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Everybody Wang Chung I just hope the post can help someone in need.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

I think we're now seeing the real reason the Church separated itself from the BSA.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

The Church is pretty much lawsuit proof in Utah and portions of the Jell-O Belt, where such instances would have occurred.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace