A more independent government

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: A more independent government

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Ajax literally doesn’t understand taxes, the division of government financing, and budgets. He literally can’t comprehend how Republican states that are dependent on Big Daddy Government would go bankrupt if they didn’t get money from the federal government. Furthermore, Ajax voted for a literal pro-wrestling fool to be in charge of our federal government who is so untrustworthy a real billionaire won’t give him campaign money, and instead donated to another super PAC independent of the Trump campaign, because Trump would mismanage or steal it.

Ajax is literally an idiot. And I don’t mean just a stupid person. I mean a person of low intelligence. That’s why he needs his own ethnostate. He needs to surround himself by other idiots who out idiot him so he can just feel normal. That’s Trump’s base in a nutshell.

- Doc
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:09 pm
If any of that were true, you wouldn't be voting for more welfare for us and higher taxes for you each year.
If any of what you say were true, you wouldn't be fu-cking pigs again.

Leave the little porkers alone, for fu-Celestial Kingdom's sake.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:09 pm
Out of the top 15 earners for states 11 of them are Democratic states. Of the bottom 15 earners 12 of them are Republican. Of the top 12 states that require federally funded money to function. 10 of them are Republican. I know the three sentences are too abstract for our idiots to understand so I'll just pare it down a bit:

If states were self reliant, within a decade (no changes to economy) only 4 Democratic states would go bankrupt compared to 14 Republican states.

You can do the math yourself- https://www.money-rates.com/research-ce ... -state.htm

If that's too much to read, as I suspect it is, Hillary Clinton won counties that accounted for 64% of our GDP. We're literally governed by a pro wrestling Hall of Fame idiot because the least educated, welfare queen areas of the country decided we should be governed by Trump.
If any of that were true, you wouldn't be voting for more welfare for us and higher taxes for you each year.
It's all true. Your selfish, small mindedness just isn't as typical as you think it is. If my fellow Americans who live in another state need financial support, I have no trouble pitching in for that. That's one of the advantages of living in a large, diverse country -- risks are easier to spread.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:32 pm
It's all true. Your selfish, small mindedness just isn't as typical as you think it is. If my fellow Americans who live in another state need financial support, I have no trouble pitching in for that. That's one of the advantages of living in a large, diverse country -- risks are easier to spread.
It's as if either 1. Ajax is incapable of perceiving how small minded and selfish his attitude really is, or 2. He thinks his small mindedness and selfishness are actual virtues, or 3. some combination of both 1 and 2.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:57 pm
Out of the top 15 earners for states 11 of them are Democratic states. Of the bottom 15 earners 12 of them are Republican. Of the top 12 states that require federally funded money to function. 10 of them are Republican. I know the three sentences are too abstract for our idiots to understand so I'll just pare it down a bit:
That was four sentences, not three.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:49 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:57 pm
That was four sentences, not three.
:lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:31 pm
You have to understand that the average Trump supporter was persuaded to criticize solar and wind because they thought their TV would turn off when it was cloudy outside or the wind died down (not to mention "windmills cause cancer"). They're idiots. It's almost as though they've never heard of a battery before.
Not only that, they fail to take into account that:

1. At no time do the winds die down everywhere at once, nor is it cloudy everywhere at once. The nation's power grids are integrated so that power from regions currently producing more than they need can be redistributed to regions temporarily not producing all they need. This system can be further improved with already proposed smarter grids that can be and already are being used to replace older, deteriorating grids that are overdue for upgrade and/or replacement.

2. No one is proposing that we rely only wind and solar power. There are other sources of green or renewable energy available such as hydroelectric power, geothermal power, wave power, tidal power, OTEC, etc., none of which yet are being utilized to their full potential. The more we diversify and utilize the types of green energy technologies available, the better off we will be, and the more reliably our energy needs will be met.

3. Few, if any, are denying the wisdom of retaining a few fossil fuel (preferably gas powered) power plants that can be rapidly and temporarily powered up to meet unusual peak demands when necessary. A few of those should not be enough to contribute significantly to global warming. Besides that, even these can be entirely carbon neutral if the fossil fuel used in them is replaced by biofuel produced from algae, plants and other biological sources.

Really it is increasingly true that the only remaining objection to transitioning away from fossil fuels is to protect the profits of immensely wealthy fossil fuel companies, which is why these corporations are spending billions of dollars in disinformation campaigns to deny the reality of anthropogenic global warming. If these corporations were really smart, they would be investing in, researching and developing green energy technologies themselves. Some few of them are already doing that, because they are beginning to see the "writing on the wall" that spells the eventual doom of a fossil fuel based economy. I predict that the potential jobs and profit potential resulting from transitioning to green, carbon neutral energy will exceed the jobs and profits that will be lost in the fossil fuel sectors of the economy.
Of course, they think a snowball is evidence that climate change is a hoax, so we're talking insect level intellect here.
Agreed! Either that, or they own a lot of shares in fossil fuel corporations, or both.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar do you think the fossil fuel industry will switch over to becoming part of the wind turbine industry or similar type thing? What do you think will happen to the oil companies?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:56 am
Gunnar do you think the fossil fuel industry will switch over to becoming part of the wind turbine industry or similar type thing? What do you think will happen to the oil companies?
It is already beginning to happen.

How the six major oil companies have invested in renewable energy projects

I found BP's rebranding of itself particularly interesting.
BP was the first oil major to commit significant capital to renewable projects, such as wind and solar, from 1980 onwards.

Formerly known as the British Petroleum Company, it rebranded to Beyond Petroleum in 2001 with a look towards other energy sources beyond oil.

― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Thank you, Gunnar. Two I'm interested in apparently are not very eager to jump in.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb