Recent changes!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Recent changes!

Post by Gadianton »

Sorry for the interruption lately. We've got some good news that will hopefully offset the bad news of the Dow today just a little, it looks like the old database has been restored.

Dr. Moore has saved the day.

A while back, Dr. Moore was able to get a backup of the old database. This alone would have been a massive triumph and we could relax knowing at least we have the content.

But Moore had all this momentum going and worked tirelessly to figure out how to integrate the old database with the new, and it looks like he's finally nailed it!

I can't say for certain, I'd need to consult the B.H. Robert's Chair, but this is looking like a significant blow to Mopologetics.

Anyway, sorry for the blips here hand there. Still might be some cleanup need. We had all these plans for doing proper planned maintenances but Moore being on a tear, and also not easy to coordinate time, seemed like a decent calculated risk so we just went for it.
Last edited by Gadianton on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Recent changes!

Post by Jersey Girl »

What does it all mean? Does it mean that the old board is merged with this one?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ETA: Answered my own question. Holy s-word! I want to hug both your necks! Thank you SOOO much!!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

99.9% of the hugging should be directed toward Dr. Moore. I wasn't sure it could be done -- well, done this quickly and without incident.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gad I need to know something. I am trying to locate something from the previous board. It doesn't come up in the search feature, do you know why that might be? Are the old posts simply archived and unsearchable?

Slava Ukraini!
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

That is amazing. Thank you, Dr. Moore!

Are we expecting the imported content to eventually be indexed and searchable? It appears that some of the imported threads are showing on searches, but most of it is not. Is this just a matter of giving Google Bot enough time to do her magic?
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Oh wow!!

:o
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:07 pm
Gad I need to know something. I am trying to locate something from the previous board. It doesn't come up in the search feature, do you know why that might be? Are the old posts simply archived and unsearchable?
Hi Jersey Girl: that's something we'd like to activate too. The search feature is not something we looked at with this "restoration" project, but now that things appear to be working as intended, please stay tuned for an updated search index (among other things, including a plea to Dr. Shades to create updated links in the HoF thread).
Last edited by Dr Moore on Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Incredible! Satan is truly smiling down on this cesspool of atheism and villainy!
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:49 pm
Dr. Moore has saved the day.
Our Dean is as gracious as he is humble. I was happy to serve a minor role in this restoration of all things. The real MVP knows who she/he is.