Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Cultellus

Re: Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

Post by Cultellus »

Gorilla
Last edited by Cultellus on Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cultellus wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:18 pm
Also this:
Television personality Dog the Bounty Hunter is joining the search for Brian Laundrie, more than 10 days since he was last seen by his family. Laundrie has been named a person of interest in the disappearance and death of his fiancée Gabby Petito.

Dog the Bounty Hunter—whose real name is Duane Chapman—specializes in locating and arresting people who have broken the terms of their bail agreements for his TV show.

Chapman's team wrote in a statement to Newsweek, "Dog and Francie have experienced extreme loss themselves. Their hearts go out to Gabby's family for what they're going through and want to help bring justice for her death."
Yeah I know.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I think this case is in what I call the long slog stage, meaning that it is likely going to take a good long while to find Brian Laundrie. I do think they'll find him. He's gotta eat sometime. I don't see him as a full on survivalist. I mean, he drove her van back to Florida to mommy and daddy. If he were capable of taking care of himself (and if he were a smart person which he is not) he would have headed out from Wyoming to parts unknown, not back to home base.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:32 pm
I think this case is in what I call the long slog stage, meaning that it is likely going to take a good long while to find Brian Laundrie. I do think they'll find him.
Law enforcement believes that guy is in an alligator infested area. It is possible his body doesn't exists anymore.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Gorilla
Last edited by Cultellus on Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:32 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:32 pm
I think this case is in what I call the long slog stage, meaning that it is likely going to take a good long while to find Brian Laundrie. I do think they'll find him.
Law enforcement believes that guy is in an alligator infested area. It is possible his body doesn't exists anymore.
True. It's more than alligators, too.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:47 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:32 am

Too far from the Everglades to mingle with crocodiles and Burmese Pythons? What about wild pigs? Any of those on that side of Florida?
Snakes, alligators, panthers, coyote, and wild pigs. Yup.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Non-verifiable chatter: Some folks are saying he's on the AT, also alleged sightings on his way to Toronto, someone came up with a photo of him on a boat. This is the stage of most any case that I absolutely despise. In any case, I hope they find him and soon for his victim's family's sake and also his family's sake. No one knows if his parents assisted him. For all we know he threatened them or he simply took off as has been stated.

If/when they do find him and if he's alive, cases like this typically take a full year to go to trial. Unless he pleads guilty. It's been noted that WY is a DP state. DP cases are few and far between these days because they usually require a unanimous vote from the jury--which is exactly why Casey Anthony lives free today. I'm not sure it works that way in WY since I haven't looked it up, but even though most folks would like to see his head on a stick, that's not usually a realistic way to prosecute a case.

Anyway I am hit and miss following it at this point because social media and regular media has now created so many tentacles, most of it non-factual, that while I'll check in on the case for progress, I won't be listening or reading about it at length because anything you find on it right now is full of speculation.

I am NOT impressed with John Walsh. For some reason people seem to look upon him as if he's some kind of god. All I have seen with this case is a camera grabbing sensationalist. I hate to misjudge him but that's what I see. I know he's got or had a show and that he runs an organization in D.C. but I am not impressed with him at all. He claimed that Gabby was beaten to death. Really? What makes anyone think he would be privy to an autopsy report that is currently still an open matter? It's absurd on it's face. I dunno...he smacks of arrogance. Don't like that.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

So...yesterday, FBI agents went to the Laundrie home to pick up at least one small bag of DNA evidence provided by the Laundrie parents. WFLA person says that could be the FBI using DNA evidence to differentiate between parents and Brian DNA.

Watching the overhead chopper coverage from WFLA, the search has moved in the Carlton Reserve. The chopper guy sees abandoned RV, vehicles, etc. He thinks it's part of the reserve that backs up to a residential area---homeowners storing or dumping stuff in the wooded area. But still (this is me thinking) there could be such things Brian Laundrie could use for shelter.

I still don't think he's in the Carlton Reserve. I think that claim was a smoke screen to throw LE/FBI off the trail by the parents or simply Brian Laundrie himself and the parents could be in the dark. And yet, FBI is saying they are narrowing on an area on account of 'intelligence'.

All I know is that what comes out of the FBI to the public is only what the FBI wants the public (and the suspect) to know. Whenever I've read an arrest affidavit or followed the case to trial, the extent of the forensics always floors me.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Speculation: Neighbor alleged a 3-day camping trip with Brian Laundrie and parents. That's enough time to get him on the AT, an area with which he is familiar and has hiked, and get parents back home again.

If I had to throw a dart and hit something fast, I'd say he's on the AT.

Reasoning: I don't think there's any way in possible hell that he is in the Carlton Reserve. He doesn't strike me as someone who wants to deal with the weather and swamp critters. So...if he can't go home (which of course he cannot) I think he'd go some place familiar to him and where he thinks he could survive. That, in my mind, puts him on the AT. His appearance could be much changed by now. Do I think he could survive on the AT through several months? Nope. I think he's arrogant and overestimates his abilities.

There's no evidence that the AT is being searched and there is no evidence that it is NOT being searched either.

(If any of the above is plausible, the FBI will come up with the parents bank, cell, and security records.)

Slava Ukraini!