Watch The Closer....

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Cultellus

Watch The Closer....

Post by Cultellus »

50 Cent
Last edited by Cultellus on Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Watch The Closer....

Post by Dr. Shades »

What the Hell are you talking about??

Please explain.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

50 Cent
Tim Kardashian
Nursery

Post by Tim Kardashian »

Cultellus wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:56 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:20 pm

Please explain.
That is a great great question, Shades. A great one. Thanks for asking.

Chappelle has been one of the very best comedians in the game, for a damn long time. He is controversial, and he lets a lot of things fly. My wife will not watch him, she is not amused by the comments about "bitches" and women, for example. I have always liked him because he uses comedy to talk about contemporary, sometimes very dark, things in a way that requires us to think, not just laugh.

His story at the end, about a transsexual woman, was one I was familiar with and remember when the first portion of the story actually happened. I remember when he did the show with the woman he talks about. And, I also remember when he got his head handed to him for his show and comedy - several times.

He closes The Closer with a long explanation that makes you think and listen, more than it makes you laugh. I think that he is sincere when he says he is not punching down, and he is not punching up, but he is punching. There is a place for that. There are forums or arenas or octagons for that. Chappelle punches hard, and he does it with humor.

You may be asking more specifically, why would I say "go F yourself" after telling someone to watch Chappelle? Simple answer, because if you watch that show and still take offense to what I said, you are not a serious person on this particular topic. If you take offense to what I said before watching the show, without asking or knowing what the hell I was talking about, you were going to be offended by what I said no matter what. Could I have taken more time to explain, like I did here, yes. But conversations around here are often rejected outright based on who is in the club and who ain't. So, I just did it my way - punched straight ahead. (Metaphorically speaking, for Res)
Best comedian ever.
SirPoopsaLot
Sunbeam

Post by SirPoopsaLot »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:20 pm

Please explain.
How did you train your cat to wear sunglasses?
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

50 Cent
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

He has a lot of privilege to be able to say those things. Pretty much any other comedian would have their careers ruined over it.

As long as we live in a world where only a handful of people like Chappelle have the privilege to say controversial things without having their careers cancelled, the problem isn't really fixed.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

50 Cent
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Cultellus wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:41 am
And he is not punching down, you are.
Punching down on who??
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

50 Cent