Watch The Closer....

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: Watch The Closer....

Post by drumdude »

Cultellus wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:45 am
drumdude wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:13 am
Punching down on who??
Who do you think?
You won’t say it because it is so ridiculous.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:18 am
Cultellus wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:45 am

Who do you think?
Get off the internet and get a job.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:53 am
drumdude wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:18 am

Get off the internet and get a job.
I’ve got a great job Mike, do you?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I watched it. It was ok, not his best set. The controversy makes for views I guess. His point isn't bad, really. I don't think any of the reporting on it I've seen got it right, either, including in this thread.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Is there a link?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Netflix.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:44 am
I watched it. It was ok, not his best set. The controversy makes for views I guess. His point isn't bad, really. I don't think any of the reporting on it I've seen got it right, either, including in this thread.
I believe he even makes the point in that special that the people complaining about his specials haven't actually listened to him. It became a prediction for this last one.

At some point, people will need to recognize the difference between discrimination and unrelatability. I don't discriminate against trans folks, but I can't relate to where they are coming from (and I don't need to understand so long as I treat them like everyone else and advocate for the same).
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

50 Cent
Last edited by Cultellus on Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:56 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:34 pm
I can't relate to where they are coming from (and I don't need to understand so long as I treat them like everyone else and advocate for the same).
Would you say the same thing about my mother? She is a republican. I am under the impression that you damned hate her and want her dead and think that people like her are insurrectionists and want you dead. I get the impression that Gad and many others on here feel the same.

Do you only have the space and tolerance for equal treatment if it serves your cause, or is your empathy authentic?

Are you asking this because you take issue with your mother’s choice of political party having decided to turn this into a culture wars issue, or are you just looking for a fight with random forum participants? : D

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ds/618579/
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:56 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:34 pm
I can't relate to where they are coming from (and I don't need to understand so long as I treat them like everyone else and advocate for the same).
Would you say the same thing about my mother? She is a republican. I am under the impression that you damned hate her and want her dead and think that people like her are insurrectionists and want you dead. I get the impression that Gad and many others on here feel the same.

Do you only have the space and tolerance for equal treatment if it serves your cause, or is your empathy authentic?
Cultellus, you cannot conflate political identity with Federal criminal activity. Participating or instigating an insurrection, which the Stop the Steal rally on January 6th evolved into, is not co-equal with voting Republican or identifying as such. Now, I am unsure how a person of good conscience could vote for Trump or support his claims of the electing having been stolen. Or do anything but condemn this as an attempt at undermining our democratic systems in support of authoritarian rule. But I know plenty of Republicans who agree with that who don't support Joe Biden or want to see the nation go further left, either.

So do you mean your mother believes Trump's big lie and would have supported seeing the election overturned in his favor?