Typical Millennial bank statement

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Typical Millennial bank statement

Post by Alf'Omega »

$4 coffee
$8 lunch
$4 coffee
$2,000 for rent
$15 Lyft ride
$12 for Netflix
$9 lunch
$4 coffee
$8,000 bill from doctor
$20 at brunch
$400 student loan payment

The problem is obvious. By making lunch at home this person could have saved $3.
Atlanticmike
God

Re: Typical Millennial bank statement

Post by Atlanticmike »

Retard shouldn't of went to college. Would've saved a ton of money and probably wouldn't of ended up being indoctrinated by the progressive cult. Now the retards life is FUBAR.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:40 pm
Retard shouldn't of went to college. Would've saved a ton of money and probably wouldn't of ended up being indoctrinated by the progressive cult. Now the retards life is FUBAR.
Retard?

shouldn't of went to college
wouldn't of ended up
retards life
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Just a note: the use of the word 'retard' is frowned upon here and in most of today's society. It's probably considered on par with the n-word.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:16 pm
Just a note: the use of the word 'retard' is frowned upon here and in most of today's society. It's probably considered on par with the n-word.

NO. TAKING RETARD IS A BRIDGE TOO FAR. THE LEFTISTS AREN’T GETTING THIS WORD. LINE IN THE SAND, JERSEY GIRL. LINE IN THE SAND.

:x :x :x

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:23 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:

NO. TAKING RETARD IS A BRIDGE TOO FAR. THE LEFTISTS AREN’T GETTING THIS WORD. LINE IN THE SAND, JERSEY GIRL. LINE IN THE SAND.

- Doc
Oh yeah? Screw you, you LYING progressive piece of crap! Screw you and the Democratic ticket you rode in on! :evil:
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

See how you turn on a dime, Cam? You're nothing but an intellectually dishonest shape shifter! And that's all you'll ever be around here. I've got your number good and proper. I'll bet you LIED about opposing Trump and voting for Biden. That's ALL you do is LIE. You really should have maintained a relationship with the Democrats. After all, their symbol is a jack ass, JACK ASS!

Slava Ukraini!
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Jesus
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I don't have great answers for the growing inequality problem but here's a start.

stuff is cheap thanks to decades of outsourcing, and anything that can't be readily outsourced: land, education, healthcare is expensive. A pair of Jeans costs more today than when I was a kid (depending somewhat on brand). But a pair of jeans given the massive scale of production should be almost free. Well, in real terms, clothes are almost free.

In addition:

property -- everyone's heard about institutional investors buying up SFH's. 1/3 are foreign investors.
healthcare -- in addition to the real value of healthcare, I think insurance drives costs up higher when in theory, it shouldn't.
education -- beyond real value, not sure about any additional factors.

One option is to move to Mexico. I'm becoming increasingly aware of both left and right wingers moving to Mexico -- I've heard is it's way safer than the press lets on and healthcare is pretty good; great vets.

I have to partially agree with A-Mike's sentiment about college. Even when I went to school, the value was questionable in terms of future income and I paid for everything with a part-time job. Another bad: Since I went to BYU, I was brainwashed with conservative ideas.

A hammer, oversized stapler, and a razor knife with hook blades will run less than 50$ and you'll be in the black the first day. College just might be a really bad choice these days for most kids.

On the other hand, kids may be factoring in the ability to get away with not paying the government back. I can totally support kids taking that risk; assuming they understand it is a risk. Look, I recall many, many years ago, my parents grumbled about some extended family of ours using Medicare benefits. Uber conservative and TBM and the couple both lived over 100, and so that's a lot of years of benefits. Best guess is that they were easily worth over 100M$. If anyone on the rich scale at all can use Medicare to pay for their healthcare, I'm all for giving the thumbs up to kids today with diminishing prospects turning the tables a little, stiffing the government on their education bills if they can get away with it.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:23 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:

- Doc
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:59 pm
Oh yeah? F you, you LYING progressive piece of crap! F YOU and the Democratic ticket you rode in on! :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol: See what happens when we open our doors to trolls? We end up catching what they’ve got!!!!

(Or at least pretending to. I’m sensing an object lesson in the works. 8-) )