I Don't Believe You

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Cultellus

Re: I Don't Believe You

Post by Cultellus »

Morley wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:53 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:49 pm

Many of my posts have been chopped up into different sub-forums. Many have been quoted, and edited within the quotes. Many of my posts are redirected into other threads. That is all fine and great - this is a forum. Responses from the sole moderator when I joined, and the team of moderators since I joined, confirmed that I have the option of editing a post, or deleting a post that has not had a sequential response.

I have other reasons for editing my posts. The above are not my reasons. I have just pointed out that this is the process. If you would like a different process, suggest one.

Your conclusions about me, based on edited posts, are not accurate. I would merely ask why it bothers you that I do it, regardless of why I do it. I can promise you, it is not because I lie or because I reject my arguments or self. I am accountable for what I do. But this forum is a collection of people I do not know using cartoon pictures and fake names. I am writing, not archiving. If I wanted to archive, I would just use Microsoft Word instead of this forum.

I will give you a hint, Morley. If I am typing, I am in this conversation. I am not in one that happened last July. Cleaning it all up, while watching a youtube video or a playoff game, is just de-cluttering. We should all do it. So, in short, do not draw conclusions not based on fact. Honor what it makes you think of me or feel, I am cool with that. But you do not have enough information to know that I am not well in my own skin.
So, you're saying that the first paragraph has some reasons you might delete posts, but they're not your reasons. Then you ask why it bothers me. Then you say you don't delete because you're lying, nor do you do it because you reject your own reasoning. You hint it's for a reason you're not going to give. You give one of the purposes for your deletions as simple housecleaning. And you don't want to be held to what you said last July, because that's not who you are anymore.

Did I summarize correctly?

However, you do, for instance, hold Doc Cam to what he posted last July.

edited for stupidity, hopefully
Nope. I specifically said the first paragraph was not the reason I delete posts. I said that was the process here. I can't move my posts around after they have been moved and I can't change quotes that have been altered. The process is that I can edit my posts. So big deal. That is what I do. I found that it was easier to blast them all than go through them and read them after something was moved. No big deal.

I do not delete things because they were lies. Any suggestion that I do is just BS from bullshitters. You know that, I am sure. Just as you know I can't determine your motivations for everything you do. I am not disavowing my own writing, correct. I do not owe you an explanation for why I do it. But, yes, one reason is decluttering and another is that I can. You can make your own conclusions from that, but the conclusions you shared so far are not accurate.

I never ever said I do not want to be held to what I said in July. You made that up. You are looking for facts to support a conclusion, but the facts are not there.

I have no idea what you mean by "hold Doc Cam to what he posted last July." No idea. If you are referring to the post where he asked me how many cocks I suck between appointments, you can believe that I do remember that. Are you referring to something specific? My issues with Doc Cam, and the cabal, are well known. And yes, I continue to address that within the limits and rules of this forum. It is kind of a puzzle. It is interesting.

Today it is interesting. Tomorrow it may not be. Who knows. I don't.

This conversation is interesting in light of the OP. I think it highlights, again, how we filter facts to create the conclusions we want. Including conclusions about the people that we think can't deal with facts.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Xenophon wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:11 am
Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:53 pm
Absolutely. You are someone I consider worth the time. And incidentally, you have been the catalyst for change in me on occasion.
And you as well. I typically like to "vote with my wallet" around these parts. Namely engaging posters and more specifically, posts that I think are worth engaging (nearly every poster here has posted gold at least once). I know this leaves me on the lower end of the post count but I hope when I do post it is worth reading.
I admire your optimism.
I've got to be optimistic, this all seems pretty worthless if I don't expect we can make it better. I've already mentioned him once but I credit Daryl Davis with a lot of my hope in dealing with the "unreachable". If you haven't looked into him yet I'd recommend "Changing Minds" his podcast (available on whatever platform you digest your media). It is absolutely wild to listen to him sit down with former skin heads and hash out their ideas. It was truly eye opening me to fully understand how little effort some of the most die hard, radicalized individuals had put into their world view. It truly only requires some nudging from a trusted source to wreck their entire philosophy.

I'm not saying his approach is for everyone, it takes stones bigger than mine to have a sit down with KKK members and show them why they are wrong. But he is great for picking up some tools in dealing with folks who you are very diametrically opposed to, sometimes because of their deeply held terrible beliefs, and sometimes because you don't see your own mistakes.

Yeah, that's the crux of it. The effort expended should be directly proportional to the amount you care for the person you're trying to persuade.
Nothing to argue with here. I'd just say this forum has provided me lots of great experience and evidence to assist me in helping persuade those in my everyday life. If I can get subgenius to run off after a CFR I know that I've got a pretty good response lined up. ;)
Your posts in this thread are incredible contributions. Very well written. Great insight. I am grateful, know that.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:04 am
Morley wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:53 pm

So, you're saying that the first paragraph has some reasons you might delete posts, but they're not your reasons. Then you ask why it bothers me. Then you say you don't delete because you're lying, nor do you do it because you reject your own reasoning. You hint it's for a reason you're not going to give. You give one of the purposes for your deletions as simple housecleaning. And you don't want to be held to what you said last July, because that's not who you are anymore.

Did I summarize correctly?

However, you do, for instance, hold Doc Cam to what he posted last July.

Nope. I specifically said the first paragraph was not the reason I delete posts.
So did I. It's my first sentence.
Cultellus wrote:
I do not delete things because they were lies.
This is also what I said that I thought you were saying.
Cultellus wrote:

I never ever said I do not want to be held to what I said in July.
That's why I'm clarifying. Thank you.
Cultellus wrote:
This conversation is interesting in light of the OP. I think it highlights, again, how we filter facts to create the conclusions we want. Including conclusions about the people that we think can't deal with facts.
Agreed. Understanding another can be a slow and laborious process.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

I always felt like canpake’s early description of Cultellus’ approach to posting (and consequently why they delete their posts) was very helpful:
canpakes wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:50 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:26 pm

Wait, what's this about?
When Cultellus first arrived, they spammed the board with over 300 posts on multiple threads over the course of the first two weeks. Every post was either gibberish, an attempt to troll, or an insult.

Not one post made any reference to any perceived injustice levied at current posters.

After publicly admitting that they were here to ‘ruin the board’, then revealing themself as a troll in a self-authored thread, Cultellus realized that this wasn’t the best path for survival on the board, and then tried to rationalize their behavior by claiming this ‘social justice’ line, but screwed that up by sweeping everyone into the same basket of offenders, continuing to insult folks by name. Cultellus has since zeroed in on Doc (they have nothing on me aside from my trolling back humorously, which apparently upset him), which is where we stand now.

This speaks to original intent, which was and remains to disrupt the board. If any of Cultellus’s story were true, then they would not have engaged in worse behavior than anything they had previously witnessed, at a magnitude much greater than had ever occurred.

Cultellus will, of course, claim that this is all a horrible lie, but they had to remove their posts in order to make their post hoc claim sound legitimate - which it is not. Ask yourself why any board participant with integrity or honesty would do such a thing. They would not.

Unfortunately for Cultellus, enough of his early posts are preserved in the replies of others, if you want to search for them. This also irks Cultellus, as it exposes their disingenuousness. And this is why Cultellus is ‘training’ you, for lack of a better term.

With that history being what it is, I now am genuinely curious as to your take on this behavior. Thus my question to you: Regardless of you having missed the early phase of Cultellus’s spamming multiple threads with over 300 posts having nothing to do with claimed injustices perpetrated against one active board member months ago, do you feel that Cultellus’s actions are sensible, reasonable, or conducive to better board operations?
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Yeah Lem, canpakes wrote up a perfect example of what I was talking about in the OP. A person pretends to be concerned about a thing and then goes about being a worse example of that thing, proving their concern is not real.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Lem wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:09 pm
I always felt like canpake’s early description of Cultellus’ approach to posting (and consequently why they delete their posts) was very helpful:
canpakes wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:50 pm

When Cultellus first arrived, they spammed the board with over 300 posts on multiple threads over the course of the first two weeks. Every post was either gibberish, an attempt to troll, or an insult.

Not one post made any reference to any perceived injustice levied at current posters.

After publicly admitting that they were here to ‘ruin the board’, then revealing themself as a troll in a self-authored thread, Cultellus realized that this wasn’t the best path for survival on the board, and then tried to rationalize their behavior by claiming this ‘social justice’ line, but screwed that up by sweeping everyone into the same basket of offenders, continuing to insult folks by name. Cultellus has since zeroed in on Doc (they have nothing on me aside from my trolling back humorously, which apparently upset him), which is where we stand now.

[...]
Ah yes, I remember it well ... all that gibberish, all those insults, all obviously intended to disrupt the board by some of the most intense trolling I have ever seen ... all now deleted. But remembered and in many cases recorded.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Chap wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:20 pm

Ah yes, I remember it well ... all that gibberish, all those insults, all obviously intended to disrupt the board by some of the most intense trolling I have ever seen ... all now deleted. But remembered and in many cases recorded.
What do yo remember, Chap? Do tell. Do you remember that you and your cabal could not get any traction because the cabal was getting smashed? Do you remember that Icarus had a fit and left because he was getting his head handed to him? Do you remember how Doc Cam asked me how many cocks I sucked between appointments, and you laughed? Do you remember that Atlanticmike shut down conversations merely by pointing out how y'all giggled at someone calling their wife a cunt? Do you remember Doc's post with black woman having her head shot and it had the word "Nigress" in the post? Do you recall any of that? Actually, I think it said "one less Nigress." And there was something about it not mattering until there was a million dead black women. I do not recall, you will have to ask Doc. He made the post in Parsdise and to you, Schmo, Gadianton, Lem, Jersey and others there was nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Remember that, Chap?

And you want to now sit here and “F” off like this and say there was gibberish and insults on my part? I trolled the everloving “F” out of you guys, and when Shades asked me directly if I was still trolling, I said no. Why did I do it, to get YOUR damned attention. What is not clear about that? And to make the point that Doc Cam was being an unchecked bigot on this board, and he was. It was a surprise and discovery to find that Gadianton was such a deep and entrenched bigot in your cabal, but, so be it. We can work with that going forward.

Oh, and one more thing. Trolling is not against the rules here. It is the process to get your attention when you are running a bully cabal of bigots.

Your problem, Chap, is not with me. Your problem, Chap, is that you used to have a bully pulpit with your clown cabal of Doc ChapGunnianton, Schmo and Icarus. and the hall monitors Lem and Jersey. Jersey was hanging off your bigoted arms like a battered woman telling me that oh, that is just how those boys are, and I should get to know them better.

I told you why I deleted the posts, Chap. My posts got chopped and dishonestly quoted. After the moderation board was changed and a cabal member got put on the team, they got moved. And the process allows me to edit posts, not move them back. Be careful what you damned ask for, clown. Now, get back on topic. We are talking about facts. Not about how victimized you are because someone trolled your board and deleted their posts. Jesus Christ Chap, seriously. What the “F” ever difference does it make if my posts are deleted? I have told you I will delete this one too. If that is concerning for you, get over it, because it is going to go away.

If you do not quote it, perhaps someone else will. That is all part of the rules and process, right?
Snazzip
Sunbeam

Post by Snazzip »

Cultellus wrote:
What do yo remember, Chap? Do tell. Do you remember that you and your cabal could not get any traction because the cabal was getting smashed? Do you remember that Icarus had a fit and left because he was getting his head handed to him? Do you remember how Doc Cam asked me how many cocks I sucked between appointments, and you laughed? Do you remember that Atlanticmike shut down conversations merely by pointing out how y'all giggled at someone calling their wife a cunt? Do you remember Doc's post with black woman having her head shot and it had the word "Nigress" in the post? Do you recall any of that? Actually, I think it said "one less Nigress." And there was something about it not mattering until there was a million dead black women. I do not recall, you will have to ask Doc. He made the post in Parsdise and to you, Schmo, Gadianton, Lem, Jersey and others there was nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Remember that, Chap?

And you want to now sit here and F off like this and say there was gibberish and insults on my part? I trolled the everloving F out of you guys, and when Shades asked me directly if I was still trolling, I said no. Why did I do it, to get YOUR F'ing attention. What is not clear about that? And to make the point that Doc Cam was being an unchecked bigot on this board, and he was. It was a surprise and discovery to find that Gadianton was such a deep and entrenched bigot in your cabal, but, so be it. We can work with that going forward.

Oh, and one more thing. Trolling is not against the rules here. It is the process to get your attention when you are running a bully cabal of bigots.

Your problem, Chap, is not with me. Your problem, Chap, is that you used to have a bully pulpit with your clown cabal of Doc ChapGunnianton, Schmo and Icarus. and the hall monitors Lem and Jersey. Jersey was hanging off your bigoted arms like a battered woman telling me that oh, that is just how those boys are, and I should get to know them better.

I told you why I deleted the posts, Chap. My posts got chopped and dishonestly quoted. After the moderation board was changed and a cabal member got put on the team, they got moved. And the process allows me to edit posts, not move them back. Be careful what you F'ing ask for, clown. Now, get back on topic. We are talking about facts. Not about how victimized you are because someone trolled your board and deleted their posts. Jesus Christ Chap, seriously. What the F ever difference does it make if my posts are deleted? I have told you I will delete this one too. If that is concerning for you, get over it, because it is going to go away.

If you do not quote it, perhaps someone else will. That is all part of the rules and process, right?
Holy crap, that was a lot of words just to say
Campbell's Condensed Cultellus wrote: Image
Why all the words? Didn't The Babylon Bee have any articles for you to cite? Hey, maybe go check out The Onion, you will probably find them to be another reputable source of information.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Lem, what kept you from quoting the next post in that thread?

You fuckwits in this cabal want to believe that I am the one posting gibberish and trolling. That is a fact you can't let go because it confirms something for you. Jesus damned Christ on a damned cracker made of Mary's M's gluten-free recipe. Y'all have lost your goddamn bearings here.

Look below, you twats, the cabal was trolling too. That was the method of communication. That is what you wanted. Why ever would you complain about a troll? And further, since when was gibberish a problem, see below.

Again. Just like the OP. Trolling is not bad, trolling that we do not like is bad. Facts are not bad, facts that we don't like are bad.

You are all doing this with me and my posts. You believe they are lies, because they do not confirm what you want to know about me or of me. This thread was about facts, and there is a melt-up going for pages about my trolling and deleted posts. Including quote harvesting from the Be Careful What You Wish For thread. Genius, I tell you. damned genius.
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:52 pm
Soft open.

The camera floats shot around door jamb into a dark room. The shot squares on a figure seated at a small desk, lit only by the monitor.

The man is nude, save the adult Depends he’s wearing.

The camera floats to the man, the shot rests to the left.

The screen is open to 4chan/pol, with tabs opened to Twitter, Facebook, a little known supremacist hate site, and discussmormonism.com.

Cultellus stares at the screen. His diaper is cold. The feces and urine have mixed, creating a cold, wet sludge in his diaper. Some of it leaks into his chair, long since ruined since Cutellus discovered the comfort of soiling himself - he understands this is a problem, but figures he never properly processed his potty training phase.

He closes the 4chan thread. He’s seen all the urine and scat fetish pictures he can handle for the day. He makes a mental note to masturbate in the shower later before his wife gets home. His claims of incontinence are wearing thin with her - she’s repulsed, but is trying to be an understanding partner.

If she only knew.

He closes the Twitter, Facebook, and hate site tabs.

He stares at the discussmormonism.com screen.

A sense of giddiness swells in his chest.

He craps himself a little. The warmth is a welcome respite.

Log-in

Username: Cultellus

Password: *************

His heart rate quickens a little.

*clicks*

Spirit Paradise.

Makes mental note to erase his posting history. He gets nervous. craps himself a little. There’s no relief this time

This time, there’s only anger.

The camera pulls back slowly, and reverses the shot out of the room.

As the screen fades to black some white words appear:

The troll has been trolled.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Judging from that quote by Snazzip, I can see I am not missing anything much by leaving Cultellus on ignore.

He is strange, certainly. But not in an interesting way.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.