West on the West

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Manetho
Valiant B

Re: West on the West

Post by Manetho »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:25 pm
How will the taxation system work within your new country, and how will you determine who votes?
We could start out just having customs taxes, taxes on luxury goods, mild sales taxes, and property taxes. We'd make sure that income tax never exceeds that of competing countries. That most likely would be enough given that government welfare programs would be few and far between. If we didn't have to impose an income tax it'd be a flat 10% on everyone like tithing. But it probably wouldn't be there for long. Any country that forced us to invade we would not just occupy and serve as the world's police force. We'd conquer, pay our soldiers with the conquered land as the Romans once did. We take the resources and make the new country a Republican states of America province. OPEC would be gone and gasoline would be cheap.
How will your new government ensure that everyone is gainfully employed?
Rather than just writing people checks, we'll have the government find something for everyone to do even if what they do turns out to be worthless. Yes that will cost some tax dollars but I think it will still be a lot less than what we would pay in the Democratic states of America. No disability abuse. If you're still alive, we'll find something for you to do and a way to contribute.

Will Moms need to leave the country if they’re the ‘stay at home’ kind?
The moms that never marry, flippantly divorce their husbands because they have unreasonable expectations, the mom's who think that anytime a man is not at work he should be babysitting the kids, the moms that have 6 or 7 kids from 3 or more different baby daddies, the mom's who choose to start having children in high school... In short the welfare queens will leave the country of their own free will and migrate to the Democratic States of America to be with people that share their values, ideals, morals, and economic policy.

Thankfully most women are not like this so we'll have no trouble finding worthy women to help build our rising generation and teach them conservative values.
I'll say one thing for Ajax: this is a better joke than Atlanticmike and Cultellus' attempts at humor.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Rather than belittling and looking down on great empires like Rome, we'd learn from them. Rather than focusing on the faults of people like George Washington and the founding fathers, we'd learn from them as well and use their methods and wisdom to expand upon their past successes. This is what it means to make America great again.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

What in the “F” is numbnuts going on about? The level of delusion and mindless yammering is astonishing. wE’lL lEaRn FrOm RoMe!.,!,,!,,,!! wE’lL sEcEdE fRoM cAlIfOrNiA!!,!,.!

Good damned Lord these people are damned stupid. Jesus.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:46 pm
I noticed there was a Republican and Democratic States of America, but nothing for independents, the biggest slice of the population pie.

So yes, incredibly damned stupid, and that's to say nothing of the idiocy of the ideas themselves.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:23 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:46 pm
I noticed there was a Republican and Democratic States of America, but nothing for independents, the biggest slice of the population pie.

So yes, incredibly damned stupid, and that's to say nothing of the idiocy of the ideas themselves.
All of the Left can be given Massachusetts. Red states can be predictable Southeastern and some Midwestern states. Indies get everything else. That includes Utah. And all of the important ports conducting 75% of all import/export activities, and areas comprising the greatest economic strength.

Yep, the Indies will be OK. : )
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Keeping with the general gist of the thread as it relates to extreme political viewpoints, what is the New Confederacy seceding for? Their disgust with the concept of trans folks using certain bathrooms?

And, ajax - do you really believe that your tax load would drop after your proposed secession and subsequent reunification of the New Confederacy?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:35 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:23 pm

So yes, incredibly F'ing stupid, and that's to say nothing of the idiocy of the ideas themselves.
All of the Left can be given Massachusetts. Red states can be predictable Southeastern and some Midwestern states. Indies get everything else. That includes Utah. And all of the important ports conducting 75% of all import/export activities, and areas comprising the greatest economic strength.

Stop right there, Canpakes. If there's a divorce, Cascadia gets western Washington and Oregon. No Northwest ports for you!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Respecting the topic of this thread.

Post moved to a new topic.
Last edited by Some Schmo on Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:51 pm
canpakes wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:35 pm

Stop right there, Canpakes. If there's a divorce, Cascadia gets western Washington and Oregon. No Northwest ports for you!
NO! The INLAND EMPIRE will secede from you Left Coast types. It’s Eastern Washington, Northern Idaho, and Western Montana for TRUE PATRIOTS. No Mormons. No SOUTHERNERS. NO LIBERAL VANCOUVER OR VICTORIA B.C., SEATTLE, AND PORTLAND LIBS.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:21 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:51 pm

NO! The INLAND EMPIRE will secede from you Left Coast types. It’s Eastern Washington, Northern Idaho, and Western Montana for TRUE PATRIOTS. No Mormons. No SOUTHERNERS. NO LIBERAL VANCOUVER OR VICTORIA B.C., SEATTLE, AND PORTLAND LIBS.

- Doc
I'm not sure, but I think we just said the same thing.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.