Paradise Split From: Are school shootings the price we have to pay for the second amendment?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

Re: Are school shootings the price we have to pay for the second amendment?

Post by Atlanticmike »

K Graham wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:56 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:40 pm
Again!! To anyone reading this thread. This thread is mostly WHITE MEN who live in WELL-TO-DO neighborhoods with low crime rates, discussing how to disarm minorities and leave them helpless and vulnerable to the violence many minorities face on a daily basis.
This is a lie. But you're a liar. So there's that.
This thread is definitely mostly white men. The white men in this thread are most definitely WELL-TO-DO. Disarming American citizens disarms POC which includes black Americans who are descendants of slaves who didn't have the same rights as white men. African Americans fought really really really hard for equal rights under the law. Apparently, there's still white men in America today hell bent on STRIPPING POC of their God given rights. I'm reading a lot of post on this thread that want to strip POC of their right to protect themselves.

https://youtu.be/-U6Y4RmxC9o

Keep reading K Graham, you'll see plenty of white men on this thread saying POC would most definitely be better off unarmed, just like they were when they were slaves so long ago, so long ago K Graham.

Hey k Graham, was Malcom X a moron like you called another black American a moron just a few moments ago????
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:32 pm
Morley wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:21 pm
Does our freedom to own arm ourselves mean our kids must run the risk of being gunned down in the classroom? Are child casualties just one of the prices of freedom? If not, what are the solutions?

I'm asking this as a gun owner. I'm especially interested the opinions of our board's 2nd Amendment enthusiasts.

Well. The answer is to give up our guns, have them destroyed, and anything outside of some sportsmen who are highly vetted and regulated, gun ownership is illegal.

But, because people are cowards they feel the need to walk around with **** extenders.

- Doc

Hey K Graham! Look at this post.This guy thinks an African American mother who could possibly be a descendant of slaves, the same slaves that weren't allowed to possess firearms or any weapon at all, should be stripped of her God given rights.The rights her ancestors fought for so long ago!
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Morley wrote:
Does our freedom to own arm ourselves mean our kids must run the risk of being gunned down in the classroom? Are child casualties just one of the prices of freedom? If not, what are the solutions?

I'm asking this as a gun owner. I'm especially interested the opinions of our board's 2nd Amendment enthusiasts.

Well. The answer is to give up our guns, have them destroyed, and anything outside of some sportsmen who are highly vetted and regulated, gun ownership is illegal.

But, because people are cowards they feel the need to walk around with **** extenders.

- Doc
Hey K Graham!! Read the above post then watch this video https://youtu.be/zhx_fdOvnrI

White men have been trying really hard as if late to disarm POC. Why is that? Do the women in the video not have the right to defend themselves against Racism and Misogyny? If a man wants to disarm women, does that make him a misogynist or sexist? Should the larger and more powerful MAN be allowed to decide how the smaller FEMALE protects herself against an attack? The video above is about the Black Women's Defense League and how they're taking aim at racism and misogyny.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Morley wrote:

- Doc
Hey K Graham!! Read the post above then watch this video
https://youtu.be/FU4ULiQRLZo

Are you telling me the white males on this thread saying we should disarm Americans including POC are smarter then the black women in the video?
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:15 pm
This thread is definitely mostly white men. The white men in this thread are most definitely WELL-TO-DO. Disarming American citizens disarms POC which includes black Americans who are descendants of slaves who didn't have the same rights as white men. African Americans fought really really really hard for equal rights under the law. Apparently, there's still white men in America today hell bent on STRIPPING POC of their God given rights. I'm reading a lot of post on this thread that want to strip POC of their right to protect themselves.
You found us out. No one really wants to stop school shootings. We're just trying to find an excuse to take guns away from persons of color and women.

We do the same thing with taxes. We vote for higher taxes just so descendants of slaves will have to pay them. We ourselves are willing to pay more, if we can just stick it to minorities.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:29 pm
I was a school administrator. We tried to get volunteers. After the first couple of weeks they just didn't show up.

As far as helping with bullies, no parent wants an unknown, untrained volunteer counseling or disciplining their child.
Great points. From what a teacher friend of mine tells me, no parent these days wants even a teacher or counselor or anyone else disciplining their child, it's the other kids fault or the school's fault and they're going to the district if they don't get their way.

Not to mention, the conflict between kids at school is already bad enough, I can only imagine a school full of Alpha male grandparents inserting themselves into conflicts.

Would make for a great reality TV series though, I'll give it that.
Wow!! So inspiring! What a positive attitude.. Basically what you said is, elderly people with tons and tons of life experience and wisdom make situations worse. Yeah! Welcome to the new America where the youth are now considered smarter and wiser that everyone else because, you know, just because. Awsome!
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Morley wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:56 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:43 pm

Wrong. I wouldn't mind if someone told my kid they were bullying to stop picking on someone if that's what was happening.
You might not, but other parents do. Volunteers can be a huge legal liability for school districts.
Atlanticmike wrote:
and if I could I would spend time at my kids school I would. Positivity goes a long way.
You keep saying this. If it were true, you'd be doing it.
https://youtu.be/uA5SJWZRBho
Great video showing the fear and anger many POC live with everyday because of violence in their neighborhoods. Do people POC have the right to protect themselves from violent criminals?
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:39 pm
Morley wrote:
Does our freedom to own arm ourselves mean our kids must run the risk of being gunned down in the classroom?
I've certainly come to this conclusion. When I use the term "gun nut" I am referring to the idiotic people who care more about their guns than other people's families.
Are child casualties just one of the prices of freedom? If not, what are the solutions?
Given that we aren't free to walk US streets without the risk of some lunatic on the street with a gun, I'd say we are way less free than all other first world countries.

One person's freedom is everyone else's potential nightmare. It's beyond senseless.
To all new readers, read the post above then compare it to the real world. Watch this video https://youtu.be/WUF2kY24uFQ it talks a bit about the riots and business owners protecting their livelihood now and even 30 years ago. The post above seems to paint the POC in the video as lunatics and idiotic. Listen very carefully in the beginning, you'll here the white man explain how only the police should possess weapons, the public can't be trusted. Is that the world you want to live in?
Last edited by Atlanticmike on Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Atlanticmike wrote:

Wrong. I wouldn't mind if someone told my kid they were bullying to stop picking on someone if that's what was happening. and if I could I would spend time at my kids school I would. Positivity goes a long way.
You are wrong here. Telling a child to stop picking on someone isn't positivity. There are several steps needed years in advance of that event taking place that you are unaware of that could possibly prevent that event from ever taking place to start with. You can learn more about this by reading the posts by posters who know what they're talking about here.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:50 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:

Wrong. I wouldn't mind if someone told my kid they were bullying to stop picking on someone if that's what was happening. and if I could I would spend time at my kids school I would. Positivity goes a long way.
You are wrong here. Telling a child to stop picking on someone isn't positivity. There are several steps needed years in advance of that event taking place that you are unaware of that could possibly prevent that event from ever taking place to start with. You can learn more about this by reading the posts by posters who know what they're talking about here.
And there ya go. You just can't stop. You had to say, ""you can learn more about this by reading the post by posters who know what they are talking about here."'