Systemic Racism is Alive and Well

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Systemic Racism in Louisiana

Post by ajax18 »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:53 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:09 pm
Would that include Ilhan Omar and Rashida Talib in your opinion?
Ilhan Omar was expressing her just opposition to corrupt Israeli Government politics and lobbyists, not the Jewish race or religion. There is nothing inherently anti-Semitic about that. She was right about that. You are aware, aren't you, that Netanyahu was recently voted out of office in disgrace, largely for his widely known, open corruption?
Why did Pelosi push Omar to apoligize and delete the tweet?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:24 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:12 pm
I'm pretty sure if Xanax were called a 'c********** f*****' by black people on a regular basis he'd be filled with rage. No matter how much Xanax would tell himself he's not a 'c********** f*****' after a while of being called a 'c********** f*****' he'd be ready to kick off that civil war he's desperate for others to start.

You see, whether or not Xanax is a 'c********** f*****" is besides the point. It's the sheer disrespect at being consistently called a 'c********** f*****' by people who know knothing about him, but act so crassly, so consistently demeaning toward him, that it'd eventually tear at his soul.

[light edit for some terminology that is a touch too salty for SP - cp]
You've been doing that for years and I haven't lost a moments sleep over it.
-_-

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Ilhan Omar was expressing her just opposition to corrupt Israeli Government politics and lobbyists, not the Jewish race or religion. There is nothing inherently anti-Semitic about that. She was right about that. You are aware, aren't you, that Netanyahu was recently voted out of office in disgrace, largely for his widely known, open corruption?
Last month, Ms Omar apologised for saying Israel had "hypnotised" the world - a term once used by Nazis.

She said she had not been aware of the historical context.

What's the reaction?
Republicans have criticised Ms Omar over her latest controversy, but the backlash was just as intense from congressional members of her own party.

House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democratic leaders released a statement on Monday condemning the tweets and calling on Ms Omar to "immediately apologise for these hurtful comments".

"Legitimate criticism of Israel's policies is protected by the values of free speech and democratic debate that the United States and Israel share.

"But Congresswoman Omar's use of anti-Semitic tropes and prejudicial accusations about Israel's supporters is deeply offensive."

The statement was also signed by Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, Democratic Caucus Chair Hakeem Jeffries and vice-chair Katherine Clark, Majority Whip James Clyburn, and Assistant House Speaker Ben Ray Lujan.

Mrs Pelosi also indicated she had spoken with Ms Omar about the controversy.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47201983

So what is the consequence of using an antisemitic trope if you're an elected Democrat? Well that's left up to the voters of course because this is a democracy. But if a Republican were to say this, than the election should be overturned regardless of what the majority voted for.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:11 am
So what is the consequence of using an antisemitic trope if you're an elected Democrat? Well that's left up to the voters of course because this is a democracy. But if a Republican were to say this, than the election should be overturned regardless of what the majority voted for.
Hyperbolic hypocritical nonsense.

Calling out the ignored crimes against humanity that the Israeli government is guilty of is not anti-Semitic.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Calling out the ignored crimes against humanity that the Israeli government is guilty of is not anti-Semitic.
It was according to congressional Democrats.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:11 am
But if a Republican were to say this, than the election should be overturned regardless of what the majority voted for.
How the hell did you get through college? Than vs then, starting a sentence with "but"?

Not to mention that conservatives condemn democracy (tyranny of the majority) in favor of the republic (gerrymandering to ensure tyranny of the minority)?

by the way we're a mix of both, or are supposed to be. I guess you enjoy R's defecating on you and making you agree its just the chocolate makers preparing your future place among them. It will happen in time... At least I recognize the D's aren't doing us much better. We both had the unfortunate fate of being born in a 2nd world country on the decline. Inflation anyone? Reaganomics is where we got off track.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:48 am
It was according to congressional Democrats.
Yeah, Dems threw Al Franken under the bus, yet R's still deny Trump's ties to Epstein even though that's how he met his current wife...
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

How the hell did you get through college? Than vs then, starting a sentence with "but"?
I told you before that there was a movement to take grammar out of English. Grammar is considered white supremacist by the leftists who control the English and history departments now. I had an English teacher try to tell me once that grammar was based on Latin. It's not. Old English had it's own grammar as did other germanic languages.

But back to Ilhan Omar. Voting to halt funding of the Iron Dome in Israel, a purely defensive technology, is about as antisemitic pro Hamas as it gets.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:59 am
I told you before that there was a movement to take grammar out of English. Grammar is considered white supremacist by the leftists who control the English and history departments now. I had an English teacher try to tell me once that grammar was based on Latin. It's not. Old English had it's own grammar as did other germanic languages.

But back to Ilhan Omar. Voting to halt funding of the Iron Dome in Israel, a purely defensive technology, is about as antisemitic pro Hamas as it gets.
Your teacher was correct. The first official English grammars were based on Latin grammars. That’s where the odd rules like don’t split infinitives and don’t end sentences in prepositions come from.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:59 am
If I didn't already know who you were I'd say you sound like a racist prick and in this case a hypocritical one. For you it is always "getting back to ... (some minority)" you're attacking. For years you've been whining about how your tax dollars are being spent to help Americans you don't want to help, but you have no problem with the USA sending billions to Israel every year in aid + all the arms sales Israel get's at a discount. Ilhan Omar's position is that we don't need to be funding countries that engage in human rights violations, and she is absolutely right. She isn't saying only Israel, she includes other Muslim countries as well:
ilhan.jpg
ilhan.jpg (174.92 KiB) Viewed 561 times
So her position has been consistent and has nothing to do with antisemitism. She is willing to be politically incorrect by criticizing Israel where people like you think it is above reproach. Several years ago Israel was busted after one of their warships targeted a beach where there were four Palestinian children playing soccer and all of them were killed. But Israel gets to act with impunity in the minds of America's political Right.

Or what about the American citizen Rachel Corrie who protested the Israeli practice of bulldozing the homes of Palestinians, as they violate one UN Resolution after another? She stood in front of a bulldozer and the Israeli drove right over her, crushing her to death. What did America do as a response? Well, we gave Israel a few billion more of our tax dollars so they can enjoy things like free socialized healthcare at your expense. But you're good with funding Israeli medical care, but not poor Americans.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18