Where did the Mormon God have sex with Mary?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Where did the Mormon God have sex with 14 year old Mary?

Post by doubtingthomas »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:29 pm

Most sane Christians have the benefit of being able to imagine this as a spiritual conception that happened without physical sex.
But most "sane" christians believe God impregnated 14 year old Mary. I don't see a big difference. And the fact that the Bible doesn't forbid child marriage is equally disturbing.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:14 pm
drumdude wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:29 pm

Most sane Christians have the benefit of being able to imagine this as a spiritual conception that happened without physical sex.
But most "sane" christians believe God impregnated 14 year old Mary. I don't see a big difference. And the fact that the Bible doesn't forbid child marriage is equally disturbing.
I'd think there's a significant difference between going through with the actual act itself, and finding oneself pregnant.

I suppose God could have ruffied Mary to spare her the experience of being forcefully taken by a man other than her lawful husband?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:22 pm

I'd think there's a significant difference between going through with the actual act itself, and finding oneself pregnant.
God impregnated Mary. How is that not disturbing?

Statistically it is way more likely for teenage pregnancy to cause trauma than the actual act itself. So statistically teenage pregnancy does significantly more harm.

What Are the Effects of Teenage Pregnancy
https://www.healthline.com/health/pregn ... cy-effects

You should read the scientific literature.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:43 pm
drumdude wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:22 pm

God impregnated Mary. How is that not disturbing?

Statistically it is way more likely for teenage pregnancy to cause trauma than the actual act itself. So statistically teenage pregnancy does significantly more harm.

What Are the Effects of Teenage Pregnancy
https://www.healthline.com/health/pregn ... cy-effects
Well now you’re into a discussion of why God had to create Jesus in the first place, throw all sins on Jesus, and torture Jesus to the maximum humanly possible, in order to satisfy the law that God himself either created or organized.

As Dan put in his blog today:
God himself, the supreme power in the universe, pronounces it his work and his glory neither to create stars nor to shepherd the planets nor to supervise stellar nucleosynthesis nor to sculpt grand canyons, but to bring about the immortality and eternal life of his children.
God can create stars, shepherd planets, supervise stellar nucleosynthesis, but he cannot save mankind without raping Mary, forcing her to bear a child in the dirt, and torturing and murdering her child.

It’s happily, not my problem, but it is Dan’s.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Mormon Heavenly Father is a horrible person. I would never want to meet him or have anything to do with him. I don't want anything to do with Bible Jesus either. The whole thing grosses me out.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:00 pm
I don't want anything to do with Bible Jesus either.
Are you sure? I think Bible Jesus was gay.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:01 pm
Shulem wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:00 pm
I don't want anything to do with Bible Jesus either.
Are you sure? I think Bible Jesus was gay.

I refuse to pretend like I'm drinking his blood to get sins forgiven. The whole thing is stupid. The Bible is stoopid.

Shades is here. Everyone hide!

:shock:
Fence Sitter
2nd Counselor

Post by Fence Sitter »

This is literally a discussion about an event that never happened.

To be honest, a much more reprehensive act is Smith's diddling Fanny, at least we know that really happened.

If God really did cause Mary to be pregnant, the ole fashioned way or otherwise, we are all screwed anyways. I mean who really wants to worship a God that has that as part of his plan for us?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Fence Sitter wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:23 pm

To be honest, a much more reprehensive act is Smith's diddling Fanny, at least we know that really happened.

If God really did cause Mary to be pregnant, the ole fashioned way or otherwise, we are all screwed anyways. I mean who really wants to worship a God that has that as part of his plan for us?
I’m legitimately curious what Bruce McConkie thought was the necessity that demanded he teach this explicit doctrine. Was it some sort of personal hang up that he had around sex?
Rad
Sunbeam

Post by Rad »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:49 pm
Fence Sitter wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:23 pm

I’m legitimately curious what Bruce McConkie thought was the necessity that demanded he teach this explicit doctrine. Was it some sort of personal hang up that he had around sex?
I wonder if it was easier for him to justify Joseph Smith's actions toward teenage girls when he "understood" how the "plan of happiness" dealt with Mary.