Fictitious Priesthood Ordination Ages of the Patriarchs NOW Exposed!

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Fictitious Priesthood Ordination Ages of the Patriarchs NOW Exposed!

Post by Shulem »

Welcome to another thread designed to enlighten, inform, and entertain you. I want to share with the world my understanding of how Joseph Smith fraudulently added revelation to the Genesis account, especially in assigning fictitious ages to the patriarchs with regard to their priesthood ordinations under the hands of Adam. Suffice it to say, the first patriarchs were high priests and served under the ministry of father Adam who was the presiding high priest being next in line in authority to the Son of God.

WELCOME. Take your shoes off and relax. You are about to learn a great secret known ONLY to Joseph Smith (and me) but is now being exposed to the world, LIVE, here on Discuss Mormonism. Special thanks to Dr. Shades for making this board available and providing a place where Mormonism may be freely discussed.

Are you ready for the ride? The tickets are free and all you have to do is scroll and read.

:)

PS. Dr. Shades, I respectfully request that you allow me to use a little red-colored font in this thread to highlight some numbers. I need that color to make a point. If it’s not doable, let me know, and I’ll make them some other color. I don’t plan to use much red ink and hope you’ll make an exception to the rule.
Shulem
God

D&C 107

Post by Shulem »

The following revelations are given for reference and will be examined in this thread.

Doctrine and Covenants 107 wrote:
40 The order of this priesthood was confirmed to be handed down from father to son, and rightly belongs to the literal descendants of the chosen seed, to whom the promises were made.

41 This order was instituted in the days of Adam, and came down by lineage in the following manner:

42 From Adam to Seth, who was ordained by Adam at the age of sixty-nine years, and was blessed by him three years previous to his (Adam’s) death, and received the promise of God by his father, that his posterity should be the chosen of the Lord, and that they should be preserved unto the end of the earth;

43 Because he (Seth) was a perfect man, and his likeness was the express likeness of his father, insomuch that he seemed to be like unto his father in all things, and could be distinguished from him only by his age.

44 Enos was ordained at the age of one hundred and thirty-four years and four months, by the hand of Adam.

45 God called upon Cainan in the wilderness in the fortieth year of his age; and he met Adam in journeying to the place Shedolamak. He was eighty-seven years old when he received his ordination.

46 Mahalaleel was four hundred and ninety-six years and seven days old when he was ordained by the hand of Adam, who also blessed him.

47 Jared was two hundred years old when he was ordained under the hand of Adam, who also blessed him.

48 Enoch was twenty-five years old when he was ordained under the hand of Adam; and he was sixty-five and Adam blessed him.

49 And he saw the Lord, and he walked with him, and was before his face continually; and he walked with God three hundred and sixty-five years, making him four hundred and thirty years old when he was translated.

50 Methuselah was one hundred years old when he was ordained under the hand of Adam.

51 Lamech was thirty-two years old when he was ordained under the hand of Seth.

52 Noah was ten years old when he was ordained under the hand of Methuselah.

53 Three years previous to the death of Adam, he called Seth, Enos, Cainan, Mahalaleel, Jared, Enoch, and Methuselah, who were all high priests, with the residue of his posterity who were righteous, into the valley of Adam-ondi-Ahman, and there bestowed upon them his last blessing.

54 And the Lord appeared unto them, and they rose up and blessed Adam, and called him Michael, the prince, the archangel.

55 And the Lord administered comfort unto Adam, and said unto him: I have set thee to be at the head; a multitude of nations shall come of thee, and thou art a prince over them forever.
Shulem
God

ADAM

Post by Shulem »

Mormon temple doctrine explicitly teaches that Adam received his holy endowment coupled with the ordination of the priesthood through the ministration of angels. There is no need to discuss those details here in the Celestial Forum – only acknowledge that Mormonism teaches that Adam received the fullness of the blessings of the gospel which can only be provided through sacred covenants made in the holy temple. Adam was ordained to the priesthood after the Order of the Son of God and was made a great high priest and held the keys to all the gospel dispensations. Adam was a son of God.

Luke 3:38 wrote:Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

For reasons known only to Joseph Smith, revelation regarding the age of Adam when he was ordained is not revealed in Mormon canon. However, the age is given (SECRETLY) within the original manuscript detailing Smith’s revelations with reference to the patriarchs in the Book of Moses.

Are you curious about how old Adam was when he was ordained? For some reason, Smith chose not to reveal it but I will take it upon myself and do it for him – without his permission! How? I’ll steal his information and broadcast it right here, LIVE, on Discuss Mormonism.

Isn’t this exciting? Are you anxious?

YOU are in for a treat. Hold on to your seat!
Shulem
God

THE KEY

Post by Shulem »

Now the fun begins.

Let’s get right to it and start with ADAM! How old was Adam when he was ordained to the priesthood? You’ll note in Section 107 that Smith provides a revelation stating the age of each patriarch when they were ordained; only Adam’s is not given. Whether that was an omission on Smith’s part due to oversight or intentional, I can’t say. But the 1835 revelations LATER given in D&C 107 could have well contained that bit of information that was added to the original manuscript, but it was not given as an additional revelation. Smith didn’t have that bit of information transferred to the appropriate source in which it would be printed, nonetheless, it’s on the original manuscript in cryptic form having been penciled in after the fact. The proprietors of the Joseph Smith Papers make no mention or annotation for the lined-out numbers, “930” being changed to “1000”! The manuscript is available at the Joseph Smith Papers website and is entitled, “Old Testament Revision 1” which contains the 1831 transcript of the Book of Moses. The following VERY SPECIFIC portion is taken from the account (available in the link above) and is in the handwriting of John Whitmer, located about halfway down the page to the right:

Old Testament Revision 1 wrote:all the days that Adam lived were 930 1000 years & he died

So what is the “1000” and who penciled it in after the fact? I will tell you the mystery and give you the KEY. Joseph Smith later took up the manuscript and made that annotation as a MARKER for himself in determining the age of Adam when he was ordained for his 1835 revelation given in D&C 107. This is consistent with other MARKERS in the manuscript and I will explain all that, so don’t worry. You’re going to get all that information and more!

:)

So what is the “1000”? Well, as it turned out, Joseph Smith elected to not use it as he did other MARKERS. But had he done so, this is what it meant:

Adam lived to age 930
Adam's MARKER is 1000

1000 - 930 = 70

There you have it, Adam was 70 years old when he was ordained. Yes, you heard right: 70! And everyone in the Church knows that 70 is a very special number. But, Smith decided not to employ it in his 1835 revelation.

Hold on to you seats, my friends. This ride is about to take off! You better hold on. Buckle up!
Shulem
God

Seth

Post by Shulem »

Let’s take the next person in the patriarchal chain into consideration, Seth. Adam begat Seth when he was 130 years old. According to the 1835 revelation given in D&C 107:42, Seth was 69 years old when he was ordained by the hand of Adam. You will recall the MARKER that was set in the transcript for Adam’s age when he was ordained at the undisclosed age of 70. Well, there is also MARKERS for Seth and it proves my point that it’s Smith’s secret way of recording the ordination age. Please refer to the transcript here at the Joseph Smith Papers:

“Old Testament Revision 1”

Scroll down about 2/3 down the page and towards the left until you come to the following:

Old Testament Revision 1 wrote:all the days of Seth were a lived after he begat Enos & 807 876 years & begat many sons

Notice that the 807 is crossed out and replaced with 876. This is the KEY:

Seth lived after Enos for 807 years
Seth’s MARKER is 876 years

876 – 807 = 69

This is again confirmed in the manuscript with a second MARKER shown by scrolling down a little further located at about midpage:

Old Testament Revision 1 wrote:all the days of Seth were 912 981 years & he died

This is the KEY:

Seth lived to age 912
Seth’s MARKER is 981

981 – 912 = 69

Again, like Adam, we have BULLSEYES in identifying Smith’s secret age for Seth’s ordination and this time it is included in the canon of D&C 107! These numbers don’t lie and they are EXACTLY spot on!!

At this point, I have to ask you if you are impressed in understanding this new discovery? It’s all pretty impressive if you ask me but I will be frank in saying that it is bad news for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints because this evidence will be used to show how Smith fraudulently worked his revelations within the priesthood revelations of D&C 107.

Stay buckled up, the ride is going to get bumpy! And it’s very bad news for the Church!
Last edited by Shulem on Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
consiglieri
Prophet

Re: Fictitious Priesthood Ordination Ages of the Patriarchs NOW Exposed!

Post by consiglieri »

Color me impressed!

Are there similar markers that line up with section 107 for the patriarchs after Seth?
Shulem
God

Re: Fictitious Priesthood Ordination Ages of the Patriarchs NOW Exposed!

Post by Shulem »

consiglieri wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:58 pm
Color me impressed!

Are there similar markers that line up with section 107 for the patriarchs after Seth?

I will address other MARKERS soon enough. Things take a turn with regard to what Smith does with them.

Glad you made it here, up in the Celestial Forum.

:D
Last edited by Shulem on Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

Enos

Post by Shulem »

Enos received two MARKERS to indicate ordination age. The following excerpt is taken from the original manuscript taken from the bottom of the page and with that we might expect to have similar results as with Seth’s MARKERS:

Old Testament Revision 1 wrote: Enos and the residue of the People of God came out from the Land which was called Shulon & dwelt in a Land of Promise which he called after his own son whom <whom he begat when he was 90 years old> he had named Cainan & Enos lived after he begat his son Cainan 815 850 years & begat many sons & daughters & all the days of Enos were 905 940 years & he died

(Please note that the insertion “<whom he begat when he was 90 years old>” was penned in after the fact by what seems the same handwriting as the MARKERS and other corrections but the Joseph Smith Papers make no mention of this in the transcription or in the commentary; however the additional phrase is included at the beginning of Moses 6:17.)

“Old Testament Revision 1”

Now apply the formula to determine the age of ordination:

850 - 815 = 35
940 - 905 = 35

Compare that to what is actually given in D&C 107:

verse 44 wrote:Enos was ordained at the age of one hundred and thirty-four years and four months, by the hand of Adam.

“Houston, we have a problem.”

:o
Last edited by Shulem on Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

Re: Cainan

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:47 pm
“Houston, we have a problem.”

:o

Houston, let us move on and we will deal with discrepancies later.

What does the manuscript reveal about the next patriarch, Cainan? Important information is available here:

(1) Bottom of page 11

(2) Top of page 12

Old Testament Revision 1 wrote:
(1) And Cainan lived 70 +17 years and begat Mahalaleel and Cainan lived after he begat Mahalaleel 840 and begat sons and daughters

(2) And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten <957 fifty seven> years and he died

Notice above in (1) that the age of Cainan when he was ordained is revealed as 70 +17 = 87 years. Bullseye! (See D&C 107:45)

BUT WAIT! What about (2) above? (957 - 910 = 47) How do we get “87” out of that? To do that, we must apply the KEY given in D&C 107 with the Book of Moses manuscript MARKER:

verse 45 wrote:God called upon Cainan in the wilderness in the fortieth year of his age; and he met Adam in journeying to the place Shedolamak. He was eighty-seven years old when he received his ordination.

The 40th year of Cainan’s age when he met Adam is the KEY and when applied to (2) above we may turn the lock and reveal the age:

(957 - 910) + 40 = 87

Behold, that is how Smith set his MARKERS and determined the age of Cainan!

PS. consiglieri, I do hope these new revelations are impressing you. I want YOU to know what I know! Joseph Smith fooled us, but now we will fool him back! You’re going to love it!

:D
Last edited by Shulem on Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

Re: 430 Years

Post by Shulem »

Before going any further, consider the credibility of the annotations that were later penned into the manuscript to provide clarification and additional information having MARKERS like the ones shown earlier for Adam, Seth, Enos, and Cainan. These insertions were used by Smith in combination with the Book of Moses and D&C 107. Several things need to be considered to help better understand how Smith may have been influenced to use “430” years for “all the days of Enoch” instead of the biblical (Genesis 5) “365” (65 + 300 = 365) which is the sum of adding the age of Enoch (65) when he begat Methuselah to (300) the rest of his days when he walked with God.

It’s possible the well known biblical number for Israel’s sojourn in Egypt was a factor in influencing Smith to use it in calculating his own revelation for Enoch. The 430 number referencing the life of Enoch is entirely a Joseph Smith construct and is not biblical.

Compare the following:

Exodus 12:40,41 wrote:Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt, was four hundred and thirty years. And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years, even the selfsame day it came to pass, that all the hosts of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt.
D&C 107:49 wrote:And he saw the Lord, and he walked with him, and was before his face continually; and he walked with God three hundred and sixty-five years, making him four hundred and thirty years old when he was translated.

Now, let’s take a look at page 19 on the manuscript and scroll down about 2/3 of the page and notice the annotation in the middle of the page inserted above the original handwriting of Sidney Rigdon where it says:

Old Testament Revision 1 & Annotation in RED wrote:. . . and from thence went forth the saying Zion is fled.]
And all the days of Enoch were 34 430 years

The Joseph Smith Papers do not include the annotation in the transcript and makes no mention of the 430 years in the commentary. The following explanation provides insight on exactly how the above annotation was added to the page in real time:

1) The penman wrote: “And all the days of Enoch were”
2) The penman wrote the number “3”
3) The penman anticipated writing the numbers 365
4) The penman realized that the number “3” was a mistake
5) The penman crossed out the number 3
6) The penman overwrote a large number “4”
7) The penman was not happy with how it looked and crossed out the numbers 34
8) The penman moved on and wrote “430 years”

Although Smith may have been influenced by the 430 years of the Exodus, there is however a more plausible explanation of how he arrived at that number.

1. The Geneses account and Smith’s revelations declare that Enoch was 65 years old when he begat Methuselah.

2. The Genesis acount affirms that “And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years” but Smith did not adopt that but came up with his own total of 430.

3. Smith’s D&C revelation is that Enoch “walked with God three hundred and sixty-five years, making him four hundred and thirty years old when he was translated.”

Therefore:

365 + 65 = 430

The above sum is undoubtedly how Smith arrived at his number of 430.