Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

From Point B to C

Post by Shulem »

And so, Lehi left point B to sail the ocean for an unspecified amount of time in the second account dictated to his scribe. I've made a point earlier and in another thread that the original 116 pages would have specified the number of days in which they sailed until they reached the Promised Land. I posited that Smith couldn't remember how many days he attributed to the voyage in his first telling so he purposely ignored the calendar in his second telling which when you think about it is rather unthinkable. The entire Book of Mormon keeps track of times and dates rather meticulously but not on this occasion because Smith had a brain fart and had to protect the new version from being proven wrong by the first.

So, Joseph Smith visualized in his mind's eye Lehi sailing across the ocean to the Promised Land. He gave details about what happened on that trip and the perilous journey. It's quite a story! But in the mind of Joseph Smith it was just as important as the story he told about Lehi *AT* Jerusalem and just as real. They were on the ocean approaching the Promised Land and ready to make landfall. You can bet that Joseph Smith visualized that in his mind's eye. And that, my friends, is POINT C.

Joseph Smith saw POINT C in his mind's eye!

How, exactly?
Physics Guy
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Physics Guy »

What do you mean by “historical merit”?
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Shulem
God

Re: From Point B to C

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:17 pm

How, exactly?

Whether one believes Smith used or consulted a map does not negate the fact that Smith visualized in his mind's eye of Lehi sailing to the Promised Land and making landfall thereat. Smith *saw* the ship asea in the idea of his mind and guided that ship to the Promised Land as he dictated the story to his scribe.

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi Joseph Smith, did guide the ship, that we sailed again towards the promised land."

Now we see that Joseph Smith saw Lehi sailing "towards" the promised land. The story doesn't provide a cardinal direction as it did when he was traveling through the wilderness down to the Arabian coast but it let's us know that he is sailing towards the promised land which is the direction given in general terms. Smith did not want to get into details about cardinal directions with respect to the voyage. He just makes it clear that he is aware of that voyage from start to finish. But the destination would be his secret.

"And it came to pass that after we had sailed for the space of many days we did arrive at the promised land; and we went forth upon the land, and did pitch our tents; and we did call it the promised land."

Arrive where? They arrived at the point of land that Joseph Smith was idealizing in his mind's eye. Smith was watching that just as much as he was watching the former when they embarked and left the Old World. Now they were in the New World and stepped foot on the promised land. But the story keeps it a mystery pertaining to the location on the map of human knowledge. But, I'm sure that Joseph Smith the Seer had a perfect idea where they landed. I'm sure that Joseph Smith had already determined that before he dictated the story to his scribe. And, I'm sure that as his story unfolds we can identify the narrow neck of land as the very narrow neck at Delmarva.

I so testify of that.

Amen.
Shulem
God

Into the land northward

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:59 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:14 pm
which led into the land northward

Yep, there is only one way that leads "into the land" by ship and that is via a river.

Doc,

There were two ways to go *INTO* the land northward:

1. Via ship up the Susquehanna and Delaware rivers
2. Via on foot across the narrow neck into Desolation

The two means of going into the land northward from Zarahemla are:

1. Land
2. Water

Now, let's look at Smith's narrative and see how Delmarva fits the bill perfectly. Notice in verse four that 5,400 people left Zarahemla and made their way northward by trekking through the narrow neck which is the only way to get to the land northward on foot. But note how they went into the land which was northward and accomplished that on foot.

Alma 63 wrote:4 And it came to pass that in the thirty and seventh year of the reign of the judges, there was a large company of men, even to the amount of five thousand and four hundred men, with their wives and their children, departed out of the land of Zarahemla into the land which was northward.

And now witness in the very next verse how they made their way into the land northward on the water via a ship:

Alma 63 wrote:5 And it came to pass that Hagoth, he being an exceedingly curious man, therefore he went forth and built him an exceedingly large ship, on the borders of the land Bountiful, by the land Desolation, and launched it forth into the west sea, by the narrow neck which led into the land northward.

And in the next verse we are told how Nephites packed their bags and boarded a ship to sail the established "course northward":

Alma 63 wrote:6 And behold, there were many of the Nephites who did enter therein and did sail forth with much provisions, and also many women and children; and they took their course northward. And thus ended the thirty and seventh year.

In the next verses we learn that shipping back and forth was accomplished and the means of going to the land northward by river to colonize was firmly established:

Alma 63 wrote:7 And in the thirty and eighth year, this man built other ships. And the first ship did also return, and many more people did enter into it; and they also took much provisions, and set out again to the land northward.

8 And it came to pass that they were never heard of more. And we suppose that they were drowned in the depths of the sea. And it came to pass that one other ship also did sail forth; and whither she did go we know not.

9 And it came to pass that in this year there were many people who went forth into the land northward. And thus ended the thirty and eighth year.

10 And it came to pass in the thirty and ninth year of the reign of the judges, Shiblon died also, and Corianton had gone forth to the land northward in a ship, to carry forth provisions unto the people who had gone forth into that land.

You can clearly see how Delmarva's narrow neck, flanking seas, and rivers leading INTO the land northward is exactly what Joseph Smith was talking about.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Do you suspect that the Nephite ship which never returned was lost at C?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:21 am
Shulem wrote:
Do you suspect that the Nephite ship which never returned was lost at C?

They could have sailed the Susquehanna River for hundreds of miles and ended up in Pennsylvania or New York to dedicate the land for the restoration of the gospel. Maybe they dedicated the very spot where Joseph would baptize Oliver. That's plausible, right?
Shulem
God

whither she did go

Post by Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:14 pm
So, the area described is surrounded by water, save the small neck of land which Shulem details in earlier posts. There is literally no geographic region in the Americas that matches the description, save the delmarva peninsula. If Joseph Smith was plagiarizing the Late War (shout out to Dan Peterson), there simply isn’t any other explanation for this description to be included in the Book of Mormon. In poker, this is a tell. Joseph Smith gives his hand away, his plagiarism of the Late War by including these relatively unnecessary literary details.

Doc,

What jumps out at you in the verse below? I'll clue you in to what I'm thinking and highlight the word. Ask yourself, is that word appropriate in the Book of Mormon considering Alma and his pitiful band are descendants of the Jews who are long removed from navies and ships of the old world? Never did Nephi Joseph Smith ever refer to the ship that was built and sailed by Lehi in that fashion. Gender of the ship was not expressed. But now we seem to have a slip on ole Joe's part as he incorporates his modern thinking into his story.

Alma 63:8 wrote:And it came to pass that they were never heard of more. And we suppose that they were drowned in the depths of the sea. And it came to pass that one other ship also did sail forth; and whither SHE did go we know not.

I don't know that this is appropriate to the language of a people descended from the Jews and being far removed from them for hundreds of years. Now, let's look at Late War and see what it says:

• "Sailed towards the island of Britain, and went nigh unto it, and captured numbers of the vessels of the people of Britain, in their own waters ; after which she returned in safety to the land of Columbia."
  • "The shadow of hope passed over her as a dream; and most reluctantly was she compelled to strike the Eon's red cross to the Eagle of Columbia:"
  • "After this Isaac caused a burning coal to be placed in the Guerriere, that she might be consumed, and the flames thereof mounted towards the heavens."
  • "And in process of time, she fell upon one of the ships of Britain, called the Alert, and made spoil thereof to the people of Columbia."
  • "Now the ship of Britain was mightier than the ship of Columbia j and she was called the Frolic, and the captain's name was Whinyeates."
  • "And she was commanded by a valiant captain, whose name was Carden, and the name of the ship was the Macedonian."
  • "And on the same day she met one of the strong ships of Columbia, the name of the captain whereof was Decatur, and the vessel was called the United States."

Etc, you get my point. What do you think Doc? Should Joe have been calling a ship a "she" in his Book of Mormon or was that a Freudian slip on his part?

Can anyone comment on this?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Man, Shulem. You’re like a bloodhound zeroing in on the trail. Great job. That’s another HUGE tell.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:32 pm
Man, Shulem. You’re like a bloodhound zeroing in on the trail. Great job. That’s another HUGE tell.

- Doc

Yeah, I need to know more about ships being called a "she" because that is a much later convention used by navy men. It's never used that way in the Bible and ships are mentioned many times in the New Testament and nobody calls it a "she". I'm leaning towards the idea that Smith tipped his hand on this one. There is no reason Alma would have called that ship a "she" seeing he had nothing do with it and is simply making an observation. It wasn't personal to him. I can't fathom Solomon and the Jews calling ships "she".

I'm going to post some new maps I just made later tonight about going into the land northward.

Wait to you see these beauties.

:D
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:32 pm

Joseph loved reading Late War and he loved women too. How about them ships?

Joseph Smith wrote:"whither she did go we know not"

Let's look again what it means to go into the land northward as described in the Book of Mormon:

Last edited by Shulem on Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.