"Finger Lakes" Theory of Book of Mormon Geography

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: "Finger Lakes" Theory of Book of Mormon Geography

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:47 pm

My issue isn't with Hardy or Givens. I've read them, and though I disagree, you've never seen me say anything bad about them. My problem isn't even with The Book of Mormon. My issue is with you and the methods you employ to defend your religion. You seem to think it's okay (and even laudable) to lie and be disingenuous in the defense of your arguments and what you see as your faith. That's pretty low.
I went back and read my posts. You’re right. I did say that I had read the complete article I was asking you to read in its entirety. That was wrong. I apologize. And what’s even worse, I had to go back to see that I had said what you said I said. I didn’t remember having said that. Not a very good way to establish credibility.

Anyway, I’m happy to hear that you don’t have a problem with the Book of Mormon and that you have an appreciation for the writings of Hardy and Givens.

There are times I have to go back and eat my words. This is one of those times. 😕

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:06 pm
Is there any way LDS apologetics could completely disavow the Book of Abraham and faulty Book of Mormon geography and instead claim that both were planted by Satan to deceive the righteous?
That would be a cold day in hell.

As it is, the Book of Mormon and the Book of Abraham are part of a canon of scripture that teach principles and doctrines that lead to Christ and knowledge of and how to become like the Father.

We all fail and are imperfect. We repent. We make sacred covenants. We improve. We move forward in faith.

Those are NOT the fruits of the adversary.

Apologetics will dovetail the mission and purpose of the CofJCofLDS. No way around that.

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:41 pm
Moksha wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:06 pm
Is there any way LDS apologetics could completely disavow the Book of Abraham and faulty Book of Mormon geography and instead claim that both were planted by Satan to deceive the righteous?
That would be a cold day in hell.

As it is, the Book of Mormon and the Book of Abraham are part of a canon of scripture that teach principles and doctrines that lead to Christ and knowledge of and how to become like the Father.

We all fail and are imperfect. We repent. We make sacred covenants. We improve. We move forward in faith.

Apologetics will dovetail the mission and purpose of the CofJCofLDS. No way around that.

Regards,
MG
I don't know. They've already retracted the "Lamanite" identifications, and it seems Book of Abraham quotes aren't used anymore. Maybe Shulem can weigh in, but it seems like the emphasis has moved past coordinating the facsimiles with the book.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:

If the Father is racist.

They were used by the one true church to teach, justify, and institutionalize the racism that was said to originate with God, himself.

MG 2.0 wrote: