Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Hagoth

Post by Shulem »

huckelberry wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:38 pm
adding,
I decided to actually open a Book of Mormon and check, i think I gather the story is that where this boat actually went and what become of it was unknown. I suppose one could imagine it struggled with an upriver course or one could imagine it turning around to explore South Carolina or Florida. Though it is clear more than a couple of people imagine it was in the Pacific ocean headed to California or the south Pacific.

Actually, Hagoth is said to be the first to set sail and he did return and set sail again. The final ship ("she") is the one that was never heard of again. Here is the narrative for reference:

Alma 63 wrote:5 And it came to pass that Hagoth, he being an exceedingly curious man, therefore he went forth and built him an exceedingly large ship, on the borders of the land Bountiful, by the land Desolation, and launched it forth into the west sea, by the narrow neck which led into the land northward.

6 And behold, there were many of the Nephites who did enter therein and did sail forth with much provisions, and also many women and children; and they took their course northward. And thus ended the thirty and seventh year.

7 And in the thirty and eighth year, this man built other ships. And the first ship did also return, and many more people did enter into it; and they also took much provisions, and set out again to the land northward.

8 And it came to pass that they were never heard of more. And we suppose that they were drowned in the depths of the sea. And it came to pass that one other ship also did sail forth; and whither she did go we know not.

And yes, size is relative, just ask any man. LOL!! Some are big and some are small. Not all are the same size. If all were big then you couldn't have small! If all were small then you couldn't have big. Thus, there is variety in size and all things are somewhat relative and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the large ship Joseph Smith envisioned was a large ship he had seen before on a river in his vicinity.

Interestingly enough, the word "exceedingly" in the Book of Mormon is used a whopping 247 times and "exceedingly great" clocks in at 55 times.
Shulem
God

Please vote your conscience

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:21 pm
Please select which answer is the best match for the "narrow neck" as described in the text of the Book of Mormon in which the narrow neck was an important feature of the geographical terrain.

A) Panama
B) Belize-Yucatan base
C) Tehuantepec
D) Niagara Peninsula
E) Isthmus of Delmarva Peninsula

I believe the following is an accurate count to date. If I'm mistaken or the selection is wrong, do let me know and I will correct the list:

E) Shulem
E) huckelberry
E) Dr Moore
E) Rivendale
E) Craig Paxton
E) Rick Grunder
E) Abaddon
E) simon southerton
E) Philo Sofee
E) Moksha
E) infinityball
E) Lem
E) Doctor CamNC4Me
E) dantana
E) drumdude
E) malkie
E) Dr Exiled
E) Tator
E) Marcus

A) Dan Vogel

How do you vote?

A) Panama
B) Belize-Yucatan base
C) Tehuantepec
D) Niagara Peninsula
E) Delmarva Peninsula
Last edited by Shulem on Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
huckelberry
God

Re: Hagoth

Post by huckelberry »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:31 pm
Thus, there is variety in size and all things are somewhat relative and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the large ship Joseph Smith envisioned was a large ship he had seen before on a river in his vicinity.

Interestingly enough, the word "exceedingly" in the Book of Mormon is used a whopping 247 times and "exceedingly great" clocks in at 55 times.
shulem, I find that a tolerable take on what might be loose storytelling.
(for a vote I will go with your theory E).

I was going to resist this following question but I am failing. 247 times is a whopping lot. I am wondering if the phrase might be a tell for when telling a whopper.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

huckelberry wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:30 pm

I was going to resist this following question but I am failing. 247 times is a whopping lot. I am wondering if the phrase might be a tell for when telling a whopper.

Smith's use of the word in the text is overdone. The word "exceedingly" is only used 39 times in the entire Bible which is a much larger volume. Here is an example where Smith seems to put himself in the place of Nephi whereby Smith, like Nephi, was a young man when he began his religious pursuits and was quite tall at 6ft 2in.

"I, Nephi, being exceedingly young, nevertheless being large in stature, and also having great desires to know of the mysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did visit me"

So, Smith tends to suggest that a large young man makes him special and more worthy to receive divine blessings.

Disgusting.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

huckelberry wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:30 pm
Shulem wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:31 pm
Thus, there is variety in size and all things are somewhat relative and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the large ship Joseph Smith envisioned was a large ship he had seen before on a river in his vicinity.

huckelberry,

In a couple of posts, a long way back in this thread (p. 13), I addressed the issue of Columbus being prophesied in the Book of Mormon and the land of promise would be settled by white and delightsome Europeans. Here are links to those back-to-back posts:

Columbus
Colonize America

Now, Joseph Smith favored white people. His novel favored white people. His God favored white people. Notice how Smith's use of the word "exceedingly" accentuates his eye for white beauty AND his lust for white power:

1 Nephi 13:15 wrote:And I beheld the Spirit of the Lord, that it was upon the Gentiles, and they did prosper and obtain the land for their inheritance; and I beheld that they were white, and exceedingly fair and beautiful, like unto my people before they were slain.

In other words, as far as Nephi & Joseph Smith were concerned, dark people can never be exceedingly fair and beautiful. But as the story tells us, they are loathsome and made dark so they won't entice the white and delightsome people to intermix with them.

Darkies are ugly! That is the message from the Book of Mormon!

But there is more. Listen up. Carefully read the two posts linked above and you will come to realize that the white and delightsome Europeans who came to AMERICA was the very promised land in which Nephi set his foot and established his white and delightsome seed in the land of promise. Right here in America was the land of Nephi, Zarahemla, Bountiful, narrow neck, Desolation, and all the land northward leading up to Cumorah and the Smith family farm. The very land of of promise in which the Nephites lived was at the front & back doors of Washington DC and Philadelphia.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Philo Sofee »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:02 pm
Was there a cutoff on the Susquehanna River to take Hagoth to Polynesia and provide Dr. Midgley a much-beloved Maori story?
Considering Midgley makes up Maori stories as fast as Joseph Smith made up Book of Mormon stories, there really should be no problem.....
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:54 am
Moksha wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:02 pm
Was there a cutoff on the Susquehanna River to take Hagoth to Polynesia and provide Dr. Midgley a much-beloved Maori story?
Considering Midgley makes up Maori stories as fast as Joseph Smith made up Book of Mormon stories, there really should be no problem.....
Oh, you mean like his latest steaming pile of BS recently posted on Sick and None?
I should have added that when one actually visits BYU-Hawaii, they should have a good look at the statue done by a young Pacific Islander especially for the 1997 Pioneers in the Pacific LDS academic conference. It depicts George Q. Cannon and Napela standing back to back with the arms raised holding a copy of the Book of Mormon. I was there when it was "dedicated," if that is the right word. President Hinckley did this. There must have been at least members of the Cannon family there and they were allowed to surround Elder Hinckley as the statue was to be shown to the several hundred who were there. Elder Hinckley began by explaining the Elder Cannon was truly great Latter-day Saint, and his family has prospered better than any other in the Church of Jesus Christ. He listed a great many things accomplish by his descendants. They have been politicians, banker, diplomats, scholar, and so forth. Then he added, "and also criminals."

It would be an understatement that the members of the Cannon family were stunned. But the Pacific Islanders assembled broke out in laughter that lasted at least five minutes. With Elder Hinckley joining in. They he added that it is likely that Elder Cannon would not have amounted to all that much, if it had not gracious and abundant help provided him by especially Napela, and the help of other faithful Hawaiian Latter-day Saints.

This led to a sober conversation among the two Midgleys present on that wonderful occasion. I had read a paper on the Maori Latter-day Saint nineteen century historical narrative. I had taken copies to pass out to any who were interested. Immediately after I had presented, but not read the paper, they had to make another fifty copies. This very much pleased my wife.
This lying little sack of filth will never stop self-aggrandizing and telling tales that didn’t happen. No wonder he played the role of sycophantic suck up to the other Mopologists so well.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Shulem
God

Wrong way Hagoth!

Post by Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:13 am
This lying little sack of filth will never stop self-aggrandizing and telling tales that didn’t happen. No wonder he played the role of sycophantic suck up to the other Mopologists so well.

Here are More-Mormon lies, or more politely termed: Falsehoods. This particular model for Hagoth's ship and shipping routes is NOT what is described in the Book of Mormon. I find it necessary to do a little slamming, pardon me. There are no southern voyages having taken place from the narrow neck as this lying map suggests. Neither was there a ship that set out due westward as if that was its long term track and destination. The text says they launched into the west sea "and they took their course northward". Depicting a west and south track on the model below is a LIE. The narration tells us that ship migration "led into the land northward" using the same terminology of those who walked across the length of the narrow neck "into the land which was northward". They went *INTO* the land! They didn't sail across the world and land on Polynesia. That is a Modern Mormon-day fairytale.

dan vogel
CTR A

Re: Captain Kidd

Post by dan vogel »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:25 pm
Shulem wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:28 pm
Susquehanna River

QUESTION: From what point did Captain Kidd gain entry into the Susquehanna River?

ANSWER:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:14 pm
[/b]

I think Joseph Smith pictured Hagoth heading up the Susquehanna river.

Also, this is the key phrase which Shulem nailed, and I want to reiterate also:

So, the area described is surrounded by water, save the small neck of land which Shulem details in earlier posts. There is literally no geographic region in the Americas that matches the description, save the delmarva peninsula. If Joseph Smith was plagiarizing the Late War (shout out to Dan Peterson), there simply isn’t any other explanation for this description to be included in the Book of Mormon. In poker, this is a tell. Joseph Smith gives his hand away, his plagiarism of the Late War by including these relatively unnecessary literary details.

- Doc

Indeed, this is where Joseph got his idea to launch Hagoth's ship into the land northward, the same route Captain Kidd took to bury treasure:

And so, what do you think of them apples, Dan Peterson?

Vogel?
It's the neck of land that leads into the land northward, not the sea. A river is not a sea. The Sidon river is not the sea. The land southward is nearly surrounded by water because the neck of land prevents it from being entirely surrounded by water. Panama is the only place that fulfills the Book of Mormon's requirements.
Moksha
God

Re: Wrong way Hagoth!

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:41 am
They didn't sail across the world and land on Polynesia. That is a Modern Mormon-day fairytale.
Was there a motivating factor for this Polynesian story that would be different than say Dr. Midgley's stories?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace