Shulem Cracks Book of Mormon Geography

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Re: Shulem Cracks Book of Mormon Geography

Post by Bought Yahoo »

Lehi's landing was in Chile according to Books of Mormon prior to 1920.

And Delmonico's seems to be an odd place to link to the Book of Mormon.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Bought Yahoo, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:36 pm
Bought Yahoo wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:34 am
Lehi's landing was in Chile according to Books of Mormon prior to 1920.

And Delmonico's seems to be an odd place to link to the Book of Mormon.
Case #38,426 where Mormons don’t read, and instead just say things.

- Doc

Here is an intelligent statement that evaluates Delmarva with the pattern given in the Book of Mormon:

simon southerton wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:42 am
I generally avoid commenting on posts where the thread is COMPLETELY overrun by the author of the OP :lol: . But I will make an exception here.

I completely agree with Shulem. Any geography that operates on the assumption the Book of Mormon is true, will be biased junk.

We know for a fact there were no Book of Mormon people because there is zero pre-Columbian Israelite DNA in Native Americans. None. Scientists can find tiny traces of Neanderthal DNA, and much tinier traces of Denisovan DNA, in EVERY Native American they have tested, but no ancient Israelite DNA. So we can ditch this historical nonsense. It never happened in reality because there were never any Nephites or Lamanites. It all happened in Joseph Smith's head.

The other point, where Shulem is clearly right, relates to the narrow neck of land. It is the defining geographical feature of the Book of Mormon. All theories based on the assumption the Book of Mormon is history, stumble out of this gate. They are laughable, requiring torturous apologetics to make them fit with the facts in the text.

The Delmarva Peninsula fits perfectly with the text of the Book of Mormon. It's the right orientation, the landmass is roughly the right size, and it is conveniently located to the Hill Cumorah. And it is easy to imagine how this geography found its way into the mind of Joseph Smith. Anything Smith said after publication of the Book of Mormon is completely irrelevant. The cat was out of the bag and he latched onto anything that embellished his fantasy.

I think 6 billion people on planet earth will agree with what Simon said. Generally speaking, Mormons and ex-Mormons alike have been conditioned and programed to perceive the Book of Mormon from a biased point of view. The Church has had almost 200 years of getting away with geographic murder in duping the saints with phony-baloney geography that makes no sense in the real world. Today, the wishy-washy Mormon church takes no stand but cowardly backs away from the issue out of fear and relying on faith in things that can’t possibly be true. It’s over for the Book of Mormon as far as I’m concerned because the word will get out. In time, millions/billions of people will associate Smith’s book with Delmarva and wave it off as a hoax full of plagiarism and make-believe stories.
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

Well apparently Joseph Smith told Orson Pratt that Lehi landed in Chile which puts that a long way from a restaurant in NY.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:53 pm
Bought Yahoo, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:36 pm

Case #38,426 where Mormons don’t read, and instead just say things.

- Doc

Here is an intelligent statement that evaluates Delmarva with the pattern given in the Book of Mormon:

simon southerton wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:42 am
I generally avoid commenting on posts where the thread is COMPLETELY overrun by the author of the OP :lol: . But I will make an exception here.

I completely agree with Shulem. Any geography that operates on the assumption the Book of Mormon is true, will be biased junk.

We know for a fact there were no Book of Mormon people because there is zero pre-Columbian Israelite DNA in Native Americans. None. Scientists can find tiny traces of Neanderthal DNA, and much tinier traces of Denisovan DNA, in EVERY Native American they have tested, but no ancient Israelite DNA. So we can ditch this historical nonsense. It never happened in reality because there were never any Nephites or Lamanites. It all happened in Joseph Smith's head.

The other point, where Shulem is clearly right, relates to the narrow neck of land. It is the defining geographical feature of the Book of Mormon. All theories based on the assumption the Book of Mormon is history, stumble out of this gate. They are laughable, requiring torturous apologetics to make them fit with the facts in the text.

The Delmarva Peninsula fits perfectly with the text of the Book of Mormon. It's the right orientation, the landmass is roughly the right size, and it is conveniently located to the Hill Cumorah. And it is easy to imagine how this geography found its way into the mind of Joseph Smith. Anything Smith said after publication of the Book of Mormon is completely irrelevant. The cat was out of the bag and he latched onto anything that embellished his fantasy.

I think 6 billion people on planet earth will agree with what Simon said. Generally speaking, Mormons and ex-Mormons alike have been conditioned and programed to perceive the Book of Mormon from a biased point of view. The Church has had almost 200 years of getting away with geographic murder in duping the saints with phony-baloney geography that makes no sense in the real world. Today, the wishy-washy Mormon church takes no stand but cowardly backs away from the issue out of fear and relying on faith in things that can’t possibly be true. It’s over for the Book of Mormon as far as I’m concerned because the word will get out. In time, millions/billions of people will associate Smith’s book with Delmarva and wave it off as a hoax full of plagiarism and make-believe stories.
There’s no way our super funny comedian will read that. Maybe a quick skim for keywords, but reading for comprehension? Not a chance.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Shulem
God

MAPS

Post by Shulem »

This post contains some old maps that may have been used by the young prophet Joseph Smith in visualizing his Book of Mormon prior to writing it.

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Tator wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:23 pm
And the first MG 3.0//// troll idiot to post is Yahoo Bot. I predict this thread will be contaminated just like the other thread. Even my post is a contamination I didn't want to happen. I wanted a pure copy of Shulem's theory for reference and comments, derails and Bot's style of B.S. about it posted somewhere else.
But if you look at Shulems first post, it seems to be an open invitation to post. This is rather confusing.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:26 pm
Tator wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:23 pm
And the first MG 3.0//// troll idiot to post is Yahoo Bot. I predict this thread will be contaminated just like the other thread. Even my post is a contamination I didn't want to happen. I wanted a pure copy of Shulem's theory for reference and comments, derails and Bot's style of B.S. about it posted somewhere else.
But if you look at Shulems first post, it seems to be an open invitation to post. This is rather confusing.

I wanted this to be a group effort and happen live right here on Discuss Mormonism. This is for us and we are making history. Sure, I could have made a website and run a blog or whatnot, but the format here on Shade’s board provides a unique opportunity where free speech and open participation is made available for those who wish to take part in making history. We are making history. Do you understand that? Mormonism is quaking and it’s falling apart right before our eyes. Together, as a collective group we are powerful and can take down this wicked institution and expose its false origins. The world will naturally recognize Delmarva as the obvious template in which Smith used to tell his stories. It’s so obvious from the point of view that the Book of Mormon is fiction and Joseph Smith is the man behind the curtain. Delmarva will become the obvious choice for nonbelievers. It all makes perfect sense and those who have not been tainted with testimony and apologetic brainwashing won’t have any problem recognizing how the pieces come together in exposing Smith’s geography. We finally have the answer!
Shulem
God

From Land of Nephi to Zarahemla and Back

Post by Shulem »

See how they “flee out of the land of Nephi” going northward and then “through the wilderness” before hooking around the Sidon River until “they came down” southward into the land of Zarahemla.

See how they “went up” going northward into the wilderness before hooking around the Sidon River to return to the land of Nephi.

See how they “came down out of the land of Nephi” AFTER going around the bend and then south, “DOWN” into Zarahemla.

Shulem
God

From Zarahemla to the land of Nephi

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:45 pm
See how they “went up” going northward into the wilderness before hooking around the Sidon River to return to the land of Nephi.

Here is another example to support the above narrative:

Mosiah 7:1-9 wrote:AND now, it came to pass that after king Mosiah had had continual peace for the space of three years, he was desirous to know concerning the people who went up to dwell in the land of Lehi-Nephi, or in the city of Lehi-Nephi; for his people had heard nothing from them from the time they left the land of Zarahemla; therefore, they wearied him with their teasings.

And it came to pass that king Mosiah granted that sixteen of their strong men might go up to the land of Lehi-Nephi, to inquire concerning their brethren.

And it came to pass that on the morrow they started to go up, having with them one Ammon, he being a strong and mighty man, and a descendant of Zarahemla; and he was also their leader.

And now, they knew not the course they should travel in the wilderness to go up to the land of Lehi-Nephi; therefore they wandered many days in the wilderness, even forty days did they wander.

And when they had wandered forty days they came to a hill, which is north of the land of Shilom, and there they pitched their tents.

And Ammon took three of his brethren, and their names were Amaleki, Helem, and Hem, and they went down into the land of Nephi.

And behold, they met the king of the people who were in the land of Nephi, and in the land of Shilom; and they were surrounded by the king’s guard, and were taken, and were bound, and were committed to prison.

And it came to pass when they had been in prison two days they were again brought before the king, and their bands were loosed; and they stood before the king, and were permitted, or rather commanded, that they should answer the questions which he should ask them.

And he said unto them: Behold, I am Limhi, the son of Noah, who was the son of Zeniff, who came up out of the land of Zarahemla to inherit this land, which was the land of their fathers, who was made a king by the voice of the people.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Shulem, is movement defined as moving 'up' and 'down' because of the routes necessary to move around the wider rivers?