The Radicalization of a Message Board

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: The Radicalization of a Message Board

Post by Gadianton »

I have many Progressive friends who would never act as these radical leftist do
All of your progressive and conservative friends would have banned A-Mike during his first weekend 1000+ post shelling of SP.
...allowing posters to express their opinions...
The only opinions your husband appeared to have were about sexual inadequacies of other posters. If he had more opinions about politics, he should have expressed them, rather than linking endless YouTube videos and running. My guess is that if all he wanted to do was link YouTube videos and claim victory, however, he probably could have gotten away with it if he didn't enter the board doing that 1000+ times over a weekend and then just level direct insults at whoever didn't like it. It's kind of like, if you get 15 speeding tickets in a year, that 16th, no matter how trivial the infraction, might be a jail sentence. Whereas somebody else doing the same thing with only one ticket gets off much easier.
Schreech
CTR A

Post by Schreech »

Mrs. Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:28 pm

This might be the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen on this board…I thought some redneck from rural Virginia claiming to be a surfer was up there (second only to another poster trying to explain why it was ok that he punched his wife) but this “trumps” them all.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:40 pm
But being anti-Trump doesn’t equate to being “progressive” or “radical leftist.”

To that point, we still have a copy of this radical leftist rag in our bookcase, in which the entire radical leftist staff posted radical leftist narrative after radical leftist narrative detailing why they would never support Trump for the Presidency.

K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

To your point, I just watched a clip of Bill Mahrer and Ben Shapiro and I was shocked to hear Shapiro say that he didn't vote for Trump in 2016 because he thought he would destroy America's "social fabric" but also said he voted for him in 2020 because, hey, the damage was already done. Might as well vote for him to continue pushing "conservative" policies.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
But being anti-Trump doesn’t equate to being “progressive” or “radical leftist.” And no one who paid any attention to the actual politics of folks on this board would make the obvious mistake of applying either label to individuals that Mike and his wife have applied them to.
My bet is that Mike and his wife are political ignoramuses who acquired all of their political expertise from cable "news" and talk radio. For them political action is a barrage of crude epithets used as a cudgel against everyone who is different from themselves. Many people in this category are active in this form of "politics" only because it gives them a license to behave like the assholes they can't be in any other context.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:39 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
But being anti-Trump doesn’t equate to being “progressive” or “radical leftist.” And no one who paid any attention to the actual politics of folks on this board would make the obvious mistake of applying either label to individuals that Mike and his wife have applied them to.
My bet is that Mike and his wife are political ignoramuses who acquired all of their political expertise from cable "news" and talk radio. For them political action is a barrage of crude epithets used as a cudgel against everyone who is different from themselves. Many people in this category are active in this form of "politics" only because it gives them a license to behave like the assholes they can't be in any other context.
There is no doubt about this, as he's started entire threads boasting about the genius and honesty of Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:39 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Based on our past conversations, I would assume you’re not distinguishing between right and left, and I would agree.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

...to get rid of the dissenting opinion...
Here is a challenge for you Ms-A-Mike, you can have A-Mike help you. Heck, let's make it a challenge for everyone who believes A-Mike has been silenced by progressives for speaking his political mind. MG2.0, Markk, Ceeboo, Ms. A-mike, A-Mike, binger, Cultellus, and anyone else who feels Mike's political opinions are being gagged by progressives, I encourage you to assist in this challenge.

Start looking through A-Mike's 2700 posts or so, and please find me the most recent example of a political opinion that A-Mike has expressed. Good luck!

A few notes:

- An opinion on another board members sex life isn't a political opinion
- A one sentence summary of a youtube video that's political is not sharing his own opinion for the sake of this exercise.
- Calling other board members "progressives" or members of a "progressive cult" is not a political opinion.
- Saying that grandparents should come to school packing heat to protect schools from school shootings does count as a political opinion, and is one of only a handful of political opinions I've ever seen him express. But since I've used it as an example, you can't use it. ;)

I think the one person most responsible for gagging A-Mike from expressing his views on politics is A-Mike himself.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

I love the idea of me as a 'radical'!

Makes me feel almost teenage again.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

The idea that anyone coming through the Democratic machine would qualify as a radical is hilarious. To call the people who vote for them radical is also silly. Bernie Sanders is the closest thing this country had to a radical on the left and he is no radical.

Now, Donald Trump was radically incompetent and corrupt, but criminal self interest and dereliction of duty are not really political ideologies.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow