K Graham

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: K Graham

Post by Jersey Girl »

K Graham wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:36 am
I know for a fact we discussed the Breonna Taylor tragedy when it happened years ago, but the search engine pulls up 34 hits for *Breonna, but nothing earlier than last week.
Proof positive that canpakes broke it. We need a new rule about that.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

DIdn't Dr. Moore share something about this in the main Mormon forum? That something had to be done to each thread to make it searchable which was a time consuming effort? And someone wrote a script of some kind that they shared that may or may not have helped? Or I dreamed that.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:30 am
DIdn't Dr. Moore share something about this in the main Mormon forum? That something had to be done to each thread to make it searchable which was a time consuming effort? And someone wrote a script of some kind that they shared that may or may not have helped? Or I dreamed that.
Honor, for the script to enable/fix links within older posts, check out this link -

viewtopic.php?p=2741752#p2741752

Granted, this only fixes the secondary issue; it still remains difficult to locate specific older posts in the first place.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Thanks, canpakes! I apparently wasn't dreaming but just kinda hallucinating what was going on. Not quite the same thing as rendering the other threads searchable but interesting, nonetheless.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:58 am
Thanks, canpakes! I apparently wasn't dreaming but just kinda hallucinating what was going on. Not quite the same thing as rendering the other threads searchable but interesting, nonetheless.
I’m pretty sure that I remember seeing the same sort of comments regarding searching the ‘old’ posts. I’ll see what I can dig up - more out of curiosity than anything else, as I don’t think that a solution exists yet.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I don't know how great the search is, I haven't used it much, but it does basically work, including on the old database.

I just tried this same kind of test three times. Terrestrial goes back 1334 pages. I pick one of those last pages and look for an unusual word. On page 1333 Mister Scratch had a post with the word "dismaying" in it. I go to search Terrestrial for the word "dismaying" and that post and several others come up instantly.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:25 am
I pick one of those last pages …
I’ve noticed that the search still seems capable of producing results from very old pages up until around 2008. Anything newer from those ‘old board’ results is harder to bring up.

I’ll try to verify that conclusion by moving several hundred pages forward and trying your test on a fairly unique word found post-2010.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

OK, picked 2010 and tried ‘Kishapalooza’. No luck.

Here’s the idea page:

viewforum.php?f=4&start=23325
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:25 am
I don't know how great the search is, I haven't used it much, but it does basically work, including on the old database.

I just tried this same kind of test three times. Terrestrial goes back 1334 pages. I pick one of those last pages and look for an unusual word. On page 1333 Mister Scratch had a post with the word "dismaying" in it. I go to search Terrestrial for the word "dismaying" and that post and several others come up instantly.
You cannot search anything from any specific poster earlier than 2020. All the usernames prior to 2020 are in bold black with an underscore in front.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Try to find the older discussions about Breonna Taylor's murder.

Something prior to 2022.

Good luck.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18